• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best 2 or 3 days to go during 12/23-12/28?

javaj

DIS Veteran
I know, I know, those dates will be busy no matter what. But we'll be visiting family in Southern California 12/22 to 12/29. So if we wanted to spend 2 or 3 days at Disneyland/California Adventure, which days would be best in terms of crowds?

It would be me, DH, 4yo DS, and infant DS (we'll probably be able to leave DS#2 with family to babysit or they may come with us to babysit him).

We don't have to do everything, we were at DL last year, and we've been to WDW twice this year. Main attractions we'd want to go to -- Jedi Training Academy, Fantasyland rides (can we get EE if we purchase military park hoppers?), Buzz Lightyear, Splash Mtn, Big Thunder Mtn, Pirates, Star Tours, and only if we have time -- Pooh and Roger Rabbit. At Ca Adv, it'd be Soarin and Monsters Inc, and if time, the Aladdin show. Would RideMax help?

We would also consider a AAA Disneyland Hotel package (that's the only hotel available from 12/22 to 12/25, haven't checked other dates yet) if the multiple fastpass were really beneficial. We had this last year but so many of the rides we were interested in didn't have fastpass anyway so it didn't really help us too much.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Bump! Anyone have any input? Better to go just before Christmas Day or right after?

I don't think I've ever actually gone into the parks on Christmas. May once, but I doubt it. I have been on Christmas eve many times. Usually the week between christmas and New Years, December 26-30, is extremely crowded. I have seen them stop selling tickets in this time frame. I have never seen them stop selling just before christmas. I think part of that is that most people are getting ready for christmas. I personally would try for before christmas if at all possible. When I have gone on christmas eve, while it was crowded I didn't think it was wall to wall people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter