Best 2 days out of May 1, 2 or May 3?

NewbieMouse

DIS Veteran
We were at DLR over the holidays when unfortunately my brother passed away. We had used 2 days of our 4 day hopper and guest services was kind enough to provide us with a 2 day park hopper we could use at another time. We're able to go back for 2 days while we're in California for other travel, so I'm trying to pick the best 2 days (it's a Wednesday - Friday). Popular crowd calendars offer conflicting advice on what the least crowded days in the park are. (I know May 2nd is a Star Wars Nite - we considered springing for that, but after doing some research, I'm not sure it would offer a great value for us as we're not costume, character, or late night people - so I've nixed that idea).

What do you think the best 2 days out of those three would be? I'm OK with splitting them if that works - we may even head over to the Farm on the off day for the first time, just for laughs... :goodvibes

TIA!

I'm so sorry to hear about your brother.

As far as dates, I'd avoid Star Wars Nite if you don't want to attend the event. May 1 and 3 should be good.

I know they say crowd calendars are no longer valid but they’re all saying May 2nd (Star Wars Nite) will be a ghost town. Is there anything to this - am I better off including the 2nd in our plans?

I know they say crowd calendars are no longer valid but they’re all saying May 2nd (Star Wars Nite) will be a ghost town. Is there anything to this - am I better off including the 2nd in our plans?
My experience is limited, but when we entered at 6pm for Star Wars Nite last year, I was expecting massive crowds, like the cross over time for OBB. It wasn’t like that at all, the park seemed really quiet. I felt like a lot of regular guests had avoided the park that day. So, maybe as long as you don’t mind having to leave by 8pm, it might not be a bad day.

There are, however, lots more Star Wars Nites this year, which might mean less regular day guests are able to plan around them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter