Best “bites” at Strongwater!

erinch

Parsing the same ee cummings poem for 20 years
Unless some else catastrophic happens, we will be at Universal in 2 weeks! We were supposed to go in October to celebrate my 65th bday, and my husband was attacked by a killer bedspread and fell and broke his hip. He is now exactly 6 months post-op, and he is going to have to use a “ mobility chair” if he wants to walk more than a mile.

We stay at HRH by very longstanding family tradition, but Carole has convinced me I want to give Strongwater a try. I’m allergic to finny fish, but not shellfish, and love spicy adventurous cuisine. What’s best on the very extensive menu?

Well, menu aside, I hope your husband isn`t in too much pain and you can enjoy a lovely birthday celebration vacation! What an awful thing to happen!!!

The menu is excellent and I can honestly say everything is amazing, but there are highlights for sure and of course ask what the specials are too, sometimes they are just incredible!!

If it`s not on the menu ask if they have the Vegan Hotpot, it is spicy and so full of flavour, the mention of Vegan would normally put us off, but I was glad we tried it as it`s one of our favourite dishes now.

Tuna Tiradito is very special and light, not sure if you can eat tuna or not, Camarones al Ajillo are beautiful and again, fairly light but substantial dish as the shrimp are always very large, curry goat and jerk chicken are both beautiful, goat is quite spicy, chicken not so much but both are full of flavour and the Ropa Vieja is very nice too.

The surf and turf pinchos and the cheeseboard are also both wonderful!!

Tres Leche and the chocolate cake are the stars of their desserts!!

That is just the highlights for us, the ceviches are excellent but I assume some of the fish you wouldn`t be able to eat, but there are no bad dishes in Strong Water, we`ve tried them all except the brand new ones.

I do hope you have a wonderful trip for your birthday and all good wishes for your husband too.

Thank you!
It has been a brutal 6 months. He was in the hospital for a month after it happened, and developed anesthesia induced dementia. That cleared after a couple of weeks, but was terrifying. He has slowly worked his way from wheelchair to walker to cane to now being able to walk a mile unassisted. But for a guy who walked 4-5 miles a day, it has been very slow.

I just close my eyes and imagine I am walking around the bend into Jurassic Park, or getting on the front row of Mummy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter