Berwyn and Delyth's Anniversary Trip Part 2

BCT

Mouseketeer
Monday May 30th
The next thing we knew was Dw waking at 7.20 am. just in time for a cats lick before breakfast at 8am. (Good job we had a shower last night)
A good AYCE cold buffet , and we did, you definitely won't go hungry here. we were there until 8.45 and saw no queues for breakfast, they were all up in the foyer having photos taken.
The weather is typical British bank holiday weather, Thick low cloud , gusty winds and squally showers coming in and it had rained heavily in the night.
Dw went back for a lie down , I think the AYCE breakfsat too much for herLOL. It brightened up however and out we went to the studios, it's very quiet again , perhaps the weather is keeping them away.
Did the Art of Disney animation ( we got confused and remembered it when we were in there ) we should have been in Animagique .
Then we went on RRC Dw said she would give it a Go walked straight on.
It was as amazing as ever , you can't get tired of this ride. DW came off green++ (she would have given Kermit a run for his money). Said it was Ok about the 1st 30 seconds then she just wanted it to stop:scared1:.
then we went to Cinemagique and really enjoyed it. I don't know how we missed it last time.
We then went over to the DLP and wandered down main street DW's stomach had settled by now and we went to New York Style Deli for lunch. We had the Toasted cheese sandwich with cream cheese and ham inside and the fruit tart and beautiful cappuchino, the best coffee I drank all week was from here. I know it sounds full of calories but it's filling and keeps you going all day and cheap for DLRP food. And we weren't eating till BB's at 9.30pm.

We wandered through the catle and saw the dragon and went up the tower, then on into fantasyland and on Snow White, Pinnoccio and le pays du contes du fees. About 25 minute queues. then through the maze and went on PP while the parade was on, even then there was a 20 min queue.
We haven't see a fastpass machine open yet (all covered up) but some people had them.
It's grat with no pressure from the kids you can wander and do what you want We really enjoyed the rides they were much better than we were expecting.
Then Dw wanted to go on the Railroad so we got on at fantasyland Station and went round 1 !/2 times and got off at main street.
As we were here for 5 days we wanted to do something outside DLRP so we went to the Tourist Information by the RER station.
Last time we were here we did the Cityrama Paris tour and did not enjoy it , it was rush rush rush all day.
The ladies in there were very helpful and we booked the L' Open Tour bus hop on and hop off for Tuesday and they explaied to us which station to get off in Paris and what to ask for next door in the RER station ticket office. No problems the tickets are 12 euros return to Paris. the tor bus was 25 euros.

By the time we dawdled through the village looking at the shops and resaraunts it was after 6 by the time we got backto SL . After much needed showers (DW had a cool one ) they seemto go cool between 6 and 7 .every other time the water was hot.
You need to be at BB's an hour before the show so we left at 8.15 and it was really busy in the Village as everyone was coming out of the parks going the opposite way to us.
after the ticket office everyone mingles in the foyer area, we had our photos taken with the cowboy hats on .
The pre show entertainment was good but unless you're thirsty avoid the bar beer is 6 euros and you get plenty to drink inside.
I won't spoil the show for those that haven't seen it but it was very good and the food excellent and plenty of it. It was much better than the Arabian Nights show we saw in Orlando.
We bought 2 photos from the pretty photographer (wouldn't have minded a picture of her :rotfl: )

Back to SL and bed. It's been a lovely afternoon and evening you wouldn't have thought so when the day started.
A lovely surprise back in the room We didn't see it last night (too busy snoring) but the NPBC looks lovely all lit up in the evening and we get a perfect view from both windows.

Your poor wife on RnRC!! Ive never been brave enough to try it. Sounds like the trip was going wonderfully - and how nice to get a great view from your window!
I wish I could pluck up the courage to venture into Paris on my own - must get some learning going on the French language first though.
Looking forward to the next installment - 5 days, so are we gonna get 5 reports!! :banana:

Yes , It was easy gettin to Paris as DLRp is the last stop on the line, all the trains go to paris.
We'd never been before and found it no worse than london.
I shouldn't woory anbout speaking french they take one look at you and start in English (must have a stamp accross our foreheads or something )

Berwyn

LOL!! That is so true. I didnt even have to open my mouth but they asked me things in english!!

Great 2nd installment, Berwyn! ::MinnieMo

And you know, that has always annoyed me about central locations like Paris and DLRP... they don't let me speak French! As I've just completed a degree in French (and German) I'd like to think that this time, maybe I'll be able to pretend to be French for just five minutes, but I bet they'll take one look at me and start speaking English!

A great day Berwyn! Your lunch sounds lovely :)

Poor DW on the Rock N Roller coaster though!!

Great 2nd instalment Berwyn!:sunny: Your DW is a lot braver than me, I won't go on any fast rides!

RnR...no not for me either i've never been on that one and dont think i ever will,Mission Space is enough for me :blush:

How do you think BB's is for asthmatics, is it really that bad,we would like to go to this on our next trip but we do have an asthmatic in the family.

Sounds like you had a really lovely day :wizard:

:earsgirl:

Hi Sharon
I suffer with my chest, I had pleurisy in 1996 and if the air is bad e.g. Smoking, fumes from cars, it gets very tight.
We were about 3 rows from the front and had no problems.
There was no dust etc. coming up from the arena. The rows are spaced quite widely apart to allow the CM's to get in betwwen to serve.

Berwyn

Thanks Berwyn,thats what i wanted to hear,i really didnt want to miss it this time. :cool1:

:earsgirl:

Great report. RnR is still on our to do list as DD's and DS are still to little/scared to try this, and I just do not enjoy going on rides myself.
Maybe in another year or so :)

Reid

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter