Bermuda

There are caves to visit - they are beautiful. Doesn't take longer then an hour, maybe two. Horseshoe beach is beautiful and has amazing onion rings. Beautiful golf course. There is a lot of history from the war, where you can visit and read. And my fav thing was renting a scooter and just driving ... You could do a bunch of things depending on how long you are in port. We spent a week there visiting a friend and enjoyed it very much. This was about 7 years ago so my memory is fading on the actual names of things.

Went to Bermuda with teens for a week last summer. We enjoyed St. Georges for shopping, historical sites (direct ferry from Dockyard). Took local buses around the island to Hamilton, Horsehoe Bay (HB), Elbow beach, Caves. For a cruise stop, I would do the following: day 1-Bus to HB and/or Elbow (Elbow does not have rental umbrellas, chairs, and as such, has almost NO ONE there). You can rent cabanas/chairs from the Elbow Beach hotel for about $100 for the day, I would guess. HB has rentals, etc. and huge crowds. day 2-ferry to St. George, see historical sights, etc. and then bus to the Caves and continue bus to Hamilton and either walk around and ferry from H back to ship (direct) or take another bus to eitehr HB or Elbow. Last day (usually a short day), I would stick by dockyards and do the fort and the snorkel park, so you can just zip over to the ship to maximize your time. Bermuda is lovely, buses are easy and very safe. Bermudians are very friendly. Elbow has excellent snorkeling from shore--bring your own gear. HB has OK snorkeling, but Elbow was better. LAst summer, there was a shack with great, cheap food next to St. Catherine's fort, which is a longish walk from St.George, or a quick cab ride. If you know you will go to St. G the 2nd day, buiy your ferry passes the day prior to be able to grab an early ferry the next day without waiting in line. St G has a cute grocery store right in town where you can get water bottles, soda, snacks, etc. for your day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter