Benefits to booking with Disney

Sunstar

Mouseketeer
After pricing out our DL trip, it's $129 less if I book hotel through Orbitz and get tickets through aRes Travel. What are the benefits (no matter how small) to booking through Disney? Thanks.

Edit: I forgot to put some important info. We're 2 adults and 1 5 year old, staying at Best Western Park Place.

Last edited:
Probably just the ability to make payments whenever and not have to pay upfront. You also get some lanyards and luggage tags which is not much when there is a big price difference but for around $100 i would say book with Disney. Or costco if you can. They have the same price as Disney but with Premium dining vouchers and a GC depending on where you tay.

Do you get the early magic morning if you don't book through Disney?

Yes, any multi-day ticket that would ordinarily have MM (3 day+) will still have it.
Really I've never found any advantage to booking through Disney.
I do like buying tickets directly through them though.

Magic Morning is limited to early entrance to Disneyland only on selected days by those who have multiday admissions. People staying in Disney-owned hotels can get into one of the two parks early every morning. I think that is called Early Morning Magic. Those who buy tickets directly through Disney can add Maxpass at the time of ticket purchase, and I think that has to be for all days. Others can add it each day after entering a park, so if some do not need it each day that would be a savings.

I stayed offsite and bought tickets through LMT. I found no one else wanted to get up early for Magic Morning anyway. I was able to quickly add Maxpass for everyone after we entered a park.

We stay at the resort hotels somewhat regularly, and I prefer to book through Disney unless a booking agency has a very significant discount. I feel the front desk is more accommodating and willing to offer upgrades when they have ownership over the reservation. I have experienced minor issues the couple of times I booked through Orbitz. Right or wrong, I think your level of service will be better booking direct.

Magic Morning is limited to early entrance to Disneyland only on selected days by those who have multiday admissions. People staying in Disney-owned hotels can get into one of the two parks early every morning. I think that is called Early Morning Magic. Those who buy tickets directly through Disney can add Maxpass at the time of ticket purchase, and I think that has to be for all days. Others can add it each day after entering a park, so if some do not need it each day that would be a savings.

I stayed offsite and bought tickets through LMT. I found no one else wanted to get up early for Magic Morning anyway. I was able to quickly add Maxpass for everyone after we entered a park.

Is Maxpass included in any of the AP passes? We are getting to DL once a year and WDW twice per year and have gotten the premier passport annual pass. There is not a lot of info about on the website because you can only purchase it at the gate. Do you know if maxpass might be included in that AP or not?

MaxPass is included with the Signature Plus AP for sure, and I believe the Premier as well. Or you can add it on to any pass for $75.

When we stay on-site we usually book through Orbitz to get the 15% discount. The only issue we’ve run into is if you end up having an issue at the hotel itself they won’t refund you a night or give you money back if it’s not booked direct. They can however, give you free parking, dining vouchers, fast passes, etc.
We always buy our tickets through LMTClub and that is a significant savings as well. I bought tickets before the price increase and saved $50 per ticket on 5 day park hoppers.

We booked our first trip through Disney. I was a bit underwhelmed with the “magical extras” being a newbie when it said lanyards came with it, I expected lanyards in my package. Nope. It’s a coupon to pick up the lanyards in the park. It did come with a coupon book but we didn’t use any of them because we were newbies and didn’t know what half the stuff was lol!

Things I did like was that Disney took care of everything. We stayed at a good neighbor and I had a voucher for proof of our hotel- my tickets for our transportation was there, park tickets etc.

We went with get away today this time though. It was cheaper.

Personally I always book separately, direct with hotel, not a package. But we use air miles and companion tickets often.

I buy my tickets through last minute travel club for $50 off a 5 day ticket. Click through to not buy their membership. They’ll end up offering it to you for free. Don’t search for Disneyland. Just click on entertainment or attractions (?) for Anaheim and it will be listed.

Here's a pic of the sign at DCA for Disney Hotel guests "Extra Magic Hour"
2018-03-15 001.jpg

Also with the luggage tags lanyard and pin you get a hard ticket (like a credit card) for vacation packages 3 days and above I

Haven't Disney changed these benefits with the luggage tags/lanyards that you do not get these mailed to you like you used to - you get it when you check in and that sort of deflates the perk? I had read this where people are waiting for their travel package that never came and called to find out they and Costco had discontinued this service.

Haven't Disney changed these benefits with the luggage tags/lanyards that you do not get these mailed to you like you used to - you get it when you check in and that sort of deflates the perk? I had read this where people are waiting for their travel package that never came and called to find out they and Costco had discontinued this service.
They will be at the Hotel 5 days prior to your trip.. Im kinda bummed about that since I love watching my kids attacked the UPS man :yay:

I booked through DL directly and was told they now have your stuff waiting for you at the hotel, too. No more mailing. I was told this on the phone and it was mentioned in my package confirmation email. I then discovered Costco was offering a better deal- for our family it was a $40 gift card, and over $200 in meal vouchers (it says for a "free" character meal, which I have since learned doesn't have to be the case- there are other places they can be used, too). When I booked through Costco I was told the same thing. Tickets, luggage tags, etc would be waiting for me at the desk at check in- no longer mailed. I booked through DL in Feb 2018 and switched to Costco March 2018. The package price was the same but Costco offered roughly $250 in actual useable extras (not just a coupon book for 10% off at Earl of Sandwich lol) that made the switch worth it to me. So, to me, there was no value in booking directly through Disney. Shop around!

Probably just the ability to make payments whenever and not have to pay upfront. You also get some lanyards and luggage tags which is not much when there is a big price difference but for around $100 i would say book with Disney. Or costco if you can. They have the same price as Disney but with Premium dining vouchers and a GC depending on where you tay.

The payment structure is a huge plus. It's $200 due at time of package purchase, then the full amount needs to be paid I think a month before your trip. It's a great option if your trip is a ways out and you want to be able to pay some money here are there towards your trip. I know there's other ways around paying upfront but booking through Disney is a solid option.

After pricing out our DL trip, it's $129 less if I book hotel through Orbitz and get tickets through aRes Travel. What are the benefits (no matter how small) to booking through Disney? Thanks,

I don't know if you are staying onsite, or how many are in your party, but, since you said it is only $129 less if you book separately, if you are a member of Costco, especially if you get the 2% back annually, I would book through Costco because you get one Character Meal certificate per person in your party, which, if you have 5 people, it can really add up. You can use the certificates at some other restaurants to pay the bill if you didn't want to do a character meal. (You do not get cash back. Say you ate at Carnation Cafe, your bill came to $92. not including tax. You could give two certificates and the rest cash or Disney Gift card and still have 3 more certificates to use). If you are staying onsite, you will get a gift card for staying there (the amt depends on the length of stay). Plus, you get luggage tags, a lanyard, a Disneyland pin and I think a discount coupon for certain places.

Whatever you decide, I hope you have lots of fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter