Belle1981 Planning Journal~May 01 2008~WP/Whitehall Room GF**Dress Pics 09-01-07!!**

I love LOVE your engagement party favors! How cute! I hope you have a great party!! And I hope DFs family has a great time in Canada! :)

Ok so I am slightly ashamed that I have not written since before the engagement party!
We are officially 8 months out! I received all of the information from Bill to sign the contract and after changing my mind a million times we finally settled on Whitehall for the reception! (I think)
Everything depends on how many people are coming down! I have 50 people coming from Canada 10-15 from Europe and Africa (family and friends from when we worked at Disney) Plus DF's family in FLA.

I am sure many DIS brides can relate to the fact that everyone says they are going to come yet when is comes down to it do not. I just wish we could know for sure. Any tips you guys may have would be so great!

Ok so quick recap engagement party happened ( I posted a seperate thread for those photos) now we are off to FLA in two weeks to have our planning session and engagement photoshoot with Randy (Oct 2 at the Poly).

I got my dress but the pics I have aren't the best since I don't have the full POOF krinoline or the veil but to give you an idea I have posted some pics. The dress is Ivory but the lighting in the room was terrible!

Also since I finally realized that I need to slim down some more before the wedding since those pics in the dress were taken I have been going to the gym 5 days a week and have seen some great results (Hopefully they will show in the engagement photoshoot in Oct)

We also decided for our favours for the wedding we are going to do personalized wine bottles and corks for each couple also instead of having seperate place cards we are going to do it all together. Hanging off the wine bottles will be the guests table number. For me its just easier get it all over at once!

I can't remember what else but I will keep you posted! Thank you for your patience with me.......

You look amazing in your dress. Slim down, my eye.

We're going to be at Disney at the same time! My fiance and I are going for a vacation with friends and family, and we're doing our site inspection and officially book our date at the same time - small world, fellow Torontonian!

OMG that is too cool! Are you staying on property? We are staying at our condo on the beach for a week on the Gulf coast and then one week at the Poly! We are so excited!!!!! It would be cool to see you down there! How funny we probably live close to eachother and yet we have to meet in Disney!LOL
To be honest I am just outside of T.O on the border of Mississauga and Oakville!
Thank you for the lovely comments!

My fiance's from Mississauga, but more towards the eastern end, I think... They're close to the airport.

We're using Randy as our photographer, too, so you'll have to let me know how your photo shoot goes.

I had a Palm Pilot mishap this week, so all my ADRs are out of whack on my computer, but I think we're actually going to be at Ohana on the same day you're at the Poly, speaking of a small world!

It would be fun to see you, too (without taking too much time from your vacation, of course!).

Katie!!!!!!!!

I've been wondering how your planning was coming along! Your dress looks amazing on you! I can't wait to hear more!! It all looks great!

you look stunning in your dress, trust me you don't need to lose anymore weight.......you look great. Can't wait to hear more. We have only got just over 2 months OMG.:thumbsup2

Katie!!!!!!!!

I've been wondering how your planning was coming along! Your dress looks amazing on you! I can't wait to hear more!! It all looks great!

Jodee- I am so ashamed it has taken me this long to write again...I promise as things happen I will be more on the ball! We just bought the welcome bags today I will have pics up soon! Thank you for your kind words they mean alot. Once I get the veil and the full dress look I promise to update it! You are great!

you look stunning in your dress, trust me you don't need to lose anymore weight.......you look great. Can't wait to hear more. We have only got just over 2 months OMG.:thumbsup2

Soontobebride-I can't believe only 2 months to go! I am so excited for you. Thank you for the compliments. Thank goodness the dress is A-Line otherwise you would see my problem areas. I am getting so excited now that things are finally starting to happen.

I just found your PJ tonight and after sitting here reading the whole thing, I think I went through an entire box of tissues!!!! Your engagement story started it, and I never quit until I got to the end!! Your dress is one of the prettiest ones I have ever seen. And what is this about losing weight?!?!? Are you nuts..........you look GREAT!! Can't wait to read/see more!!

absolutely stunning!!! so good to see an update from you - you've been missed! I'm looking forward to more pics from you and maybe I'll get the surge to post some new ones on my end also! :rotfl:

Michelle :cloud9:

Hi katie!!!!!!!! I was also wondering where you were!

You look so pretty in your dress, but I know what you mean about looking perfect in it...I think we all obsess about that...lol

I think the trick to having some peace of mind about who's going to come is to give early deadlines.

I think you should have everyone tell you if they are going or not at least 3 months before the wedding. This way you have about a month to fidgit around with guests who are not replying.

Then about 2 months or so you'll already know for sure who's going. Stand your ground about the deadline. In our reply card we wrote:

We hope you understand: Due to the circumstances of our event, if we do not receive a reply card or confirmation by the above date, we will assume that your family cannot attend.

Katie- this is the one time where you can and should expect their cooperation so remind them that you love'em but stick with it. Believe me, you'll save yourself the headache during the month before the wedding. keep us posted hon!

Abby :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter