Belgium waffles, are they OK to eat?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
Anyone ate a Belgium waffle here recently at Disney? Are they OK or just as bad as the Mickey waffles?

Well I will say, if we order us up some Belguim waffles and they are not edible, I will send them back.

Please, please do not send anything back! This is a difficult time for the servers, chefs, and all Disney workers. I can assure you the waffles are edible. They may not meet your standards, but are thoroughly edible.
Well I have yet to hear that the Mickey waffles are edible, but not about the Belguim ones. :teeth: And since you do make a great point there, I am going to really try to read up and research any reviews out of the latter. If I can find hardly any bad reviews then we might order the Belguim ones. But I know not to bother with the Mickey ones now.

Please, please do not send anything back! This is a difficult time for the servers, chefs, and all Disney workers. I can assure you the waffles are edible. They may not meet your standards, but are thoroughly edible.
? I don't typically send things back, but if something was really bad, I would either get something else or just ask that it be taken off the bill.

The only thing I can remember 'sending back' from a Disney restaurant is a burger at The Wave that was served charred/blackened on one side, and it was the side you didn't see when you took the top half of the bun off. I think they were trying to hide it. It was like eating a piece of charcoal. I've eaten a lot of mediocre Disney food no problem but sometimes you have to draw a line.

Well I have yet to hear that the Mickey waffles are edible, but not about the Belguim ones. :teeth: And since you do make a great point there, I am going to really try to read up and research any reviews out of the latter. If I can find hardly any bad reviews then we might order the Belguim ones. But I know not to bother with the Mickey ones now.
Belgian waffles, not Belgium waffles.

I had perfectly fine, edible Mickey waffles three separate times at the end of August, as I had also posted in the main thread talking about them.

I have never understood the difference between a Belgian waffle and a regular waffle. What is it?

I have never understood the difference between a Belgian waffle and a regular waffle. What is it?

Q. What is the difference between waffles and Belgian waffles?

A. Belgian waffles have deeper pockets than American-style waffles, which makes them great for holding lots of little pools of syrup. The texture is also lighter and crispier.

To make a Belgian waffle, you need a waffle iron with a deeper, larger grid pattern. Most Belgian waffle recipes are yeast-based, to get that crispy texture. But you also can use a waffle batter that uses beaten egg whites for lightness.

Q. What is the difference between waffles and Belgian waffles?

A. Belgian waffles have deeper pockets than American-style waffles, which makes them great for holding lots of little pools of syrup. The texture is also lighter and crispier.

To make a Belgian waffle, you need a waffle iron with a deeper, larger grid pattern. Most Belgian waffle recipes are yeast-based, to get that crispy texture. But you also can use a waffle batter that uses beaten egg whites for lightness.

Ah. I've never noticed any difference. Guess my palate isn't sophisticated enough. :P

Ah. I've never noticed any difference. Guess my palate isn't sophisticated enough. :P

I don't think it's really a taste difference so much as the shape/depth of pockets.

I don't think it's really a taste difference so much as the shape/depth of pockets.

Ah. gotcha. Thanks.

I've never worried about how deep pockets are on waffles - though I don't get the appeal of Nutella either, so that may be it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter