Belated Trip Report! Part Two

maleficent_man

DIS Veteran
Here we go again!

January 1 2005

Up at 7! Shattered (only having 4 and a half hours sleep will do that to you!). Had to wake Mum who slept through the alarm! Went to see if hotel shop was open to pick up shopping - wasn’t. Back to room for a while and then went and got shopping and also bought new pin set released today. Got Mum and we got bus over to park. Into Disneyland and walked up to Marionette - was bizarrely quiet given that 7 hours earlier it was heaving! Park was stunning. Had good morning Fantasyland breakfast - nice! Finished at 8:55 and walked straight on to Peter Pan. Mum enjoyed it. Over and introduced Mum to the joy of It’s a small world - had a boat to ourselves - lovely! Jumped on the Mad Hatter’s Tea Cups. Walked through Adventureland and up to Indy - straight on - was sooo much nicer going forwards - was actually enjoyable. Came out and we both went straight back on. Down through Frontierland (30 min wait for Big Thunder) and out into Main Street. Got our photo taken with Xmas Mickey. Then went over and got pics with Xmas Chip and Dale. Snow in Main Street. Left the park and headed over to WDS. Into park and got pics etc - Pluto and Goofy were about. Park looking lovely for Xmas. Through the front lot. Got photo with Minnie. Asked cast member with Woody about the Incredibles and she was really helpful. Straight onto the Backlot Tour - was good - for once got really wet at Catastrophe Canyon. Had some rolls we took from the buffet. Photo with Jessie - cast member remembered me asking about Incredibles and again was very helpful. Went on Flying carpets - nice and sedate. Went over and got into Moteurs Action - forgot what a good show this was. Saw Brother bear characters who were proving very popular with the kids. Into shop - got Minnie and Elastigirl pins. Mum bought me a lovely mickey watch. Watched Cinema Parade - it is okay without having the magic of the parades in the Disneyland Park. Quickly dived into Animagique - both of us almost fell asleep in the show - it was so dark and peaceful!! Came out and quickly got some coffee! Got photo taken with Mr Incredible. Waited for Elastigirl - cute little girl who missed getting Mr Incredible decided she would sign her own book anyway! Got photo with Elastigirl. Across and did Cinemagique - again, forgotten how good this was. Went into Armageddon - good but the pre-show is just too long. Went over and did Rock N’ Roller coaster - back row - was awesome as always - Mum enjoyed it. Headed down to the front of the park. Shop - Mum got cool Mickey top and got me Studios globe. Park now closed. Queued for ages to get park photos - got one with Minnie, one with Mum, me and Minnie and also one of me with Elastigirl. Also got some cheap pins to add to my collection. Mum bought some nice Christmas decorations. Left the Studios and headed over to Disneyland Park. Into photo shop and bought photo of us both with Mickey. Up to Indy. Was cool in the dark. Down and did Big Thunder. Walked around those people watching Fantillusion and stopped and watched the Maleficent transformation right in front of the castle - was ace! Went against the flow of the parade and nipped into Discoveryland and onto Space Mountain just before it shut. Left the park and headed into the Disney Village. Was really busy - looked up and down for places to eat. Mum queued at Rainforest and I raced back to hotel and picked up shopping sent back to the hotel and dropped it into room. Got back to Rainforest just as Mum was getting a table organised. Got in and both collapsed into our seats! Had really nice meal - Mum had curry again while I had a chicken burger. Around shops in Disney Village and bought Mum nice Disney plate. Back to hotel via Ice Rink at Hotel New York. Did stuff around room - bed shattered!

Nick

Another busy day! I feel tired just reading about it, LOL. Thanks for sharing - I love reading about other people's trips :)

In short? No. As I've said - I hate to waste any time when I am there! I have to praise my Mum highly as she kept along with me the whole time!!

I'm now going to test her with two weeks in Florida this summer!!

OH !!!!!! :cool1:

We are going to Florida WDW too !!!!

When are you going ? We'll be there in August (maybe Pop century, maybe our favourite resort - Wilderness lodge - if we can get a good rate !!!! ):earseek:

laura

Going at the beginning of June! Booked my flights today!! Am going to book one week at the Days Inn Lakeside and then one week at All Star Movies.

Unsurprisingly it will be hectic! Out of two weeks, only have two days with nothing planned (suspect I might end up on Disney property on these days!)

Keep in touch and let me know your plans! When were you last there if ever? I can't wait to see my Mum's expression after riding Mission: Space and Kraken!

Nick

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter