• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Belated Trip Report! Part One

maleficent_man

DIS Veteran
Sorry this has taken me soo long to do folks but hope you enjoy it. Let me know if you have any questions.

December 31 - New Year's Eve:

Up at 6. Packed all our stuff and checked out of hotel in Paris and headed across to Starbuck’s - waited for it to open and got coffee/OJ/Muffins to keep us going for the trip. Headed along to Auber and got tickets for train - all went fine and waited about 2 minutes - onto train and headed off to DLRP! Train was quick and had us in resort for 8:05. Got bus straight away to Cheyenne. Checked in - helpful cast member Kristina. Xmas Goofy was in the lobby which looked stunning. Was amazed to find out that a room was ready for us - 1711 in Sitting Bull. Went along to room which was lovely and well located (and seemed huge after out hotel in Paris!). Sorted out stuff and headed to the hotel shop - got Maleficent and hotel pin. Both got our photos with Xmas Pluto. Got the bus over to the parks and into Disneyland for 9:10. Park looked stunning for Xmas. Waled up Main Street and the atmosphere hits you straight away. It was clear that the park was very busy already. Into Discoveryland and straight to Space Mountain - was already a 20 minute wait but we jumped in and got on! Mum thought it was awesome - Thought launch was good - made me think what Rock N’ Roller would do to her! The ride was much smoother than when I did it last time. We got the on-ride photo as Mum’s expression was excellent - they even put alien’s faces over the other people you don’t know which is a good idea. Sent the package back to the hotel and this was really helpful. Came out and up to Star Tours - saw there was already a sizeable queue for the Lion King show tickets. Star tours was really good. Joined the queue for tickets for the Lion King despite cast members saying that we may not get them at our point in the queue. This took about an hour to go through but thankfully we got tickets. Went and did Honey I Shrunk the kids - was pleased to see headphones in place to understand the story in english. Mum thought this was excellent. I like the show but it is not a patch on It’s a Bug’s Life. Into Constellation shop were I bought some Xmas Mickey’s and we both got DLRP 2005 hats to wear! Mum bought me some cool Sorcery Mickey glasses - more stuff to send back to the hotel! Went through the Central Plaza and into Frontierland - park was really busy - was a 55 minute wait for Big Thunder - had a good look around the park and headed through to Fantasyland. Tried to get into showing of Le Noel de Mickey but it was full. Along to Belle’s Xmas Village - saw the Beast but the queue for pics was horrendous. Watched Belle’s show from a distance - was good. Got some pics. Headed down past small world which was also busy and down Main Street. Left the park and went across to the Disney Village. Had lunch in Rainforest Cafe. I normal loath leaving a park during the day but it was going to be a long day and the park was heaving so I didn't mind too much. Lunch was lovely - first time my Mum had been there - when the monkey’s started it startled her! I had the Mojo Bones and my Mum the curry. Walked back to hotel - lovely ice rink outside Hotel New York. Sat down for two minutes and then got bus over the park and back into Disneyland. Up Main Street and around to Videopolis - Lion King Show - was well worth queueing for - very well done indeed. Outside and the place was heaving for the Xmas parade - managed to get a decent spot in the Central Plaza - most people were friendly and considerate - of course, one or two were not. Watched the parade - was very impressed - how annoyingly catchy is Chant C’est Noel!? Went over and stood by Enchanted Fairytale stage while we ate some popcorn and chatted to a nice helpful cast member about the best place to view Fantillusion. Went up through the castle and looked in the Xmas shop. Got some pins (Mushu/Space Mountain) and a scarf for Mum. Along to Pirates and did this - I think Mum was a bit apprehensive but thoroughly enjoyed it. Got POTC Mickey and then some pins (Jessica Rabbit/Cinemagique). Down into Central Plaza and watched Enchanted Faiytale ceremony - was good - Castle looked beautiful all lit up. Across to Constellations shop - mum got lovely Mickey jacket and bought me 2005 pin. Went and had a look at the dragon under the castle. Back to shop in Fantasyland and mum got matching hat for her scarf and bought me cool Bonne Nuit Mickey pyjama holder. Down through Castle and went on the hunt for a good place for Fantillusion - ended up just inside Fantasyland - had a great view down the parade route. Very impressive - liked the changes - particularly Maleficent (there's a surpise!). Across into Adventureland and looked in shops. Walked up to Indy - 55 minute wait - don’t think so!! Down through Frontierland - shop - got Cowboy Minnie/pasta and other bits and pieces. Into Central Plaza - music was playing - Kylie!! Awesome atmosphere. Down through the shops on Main Street - got Xmas and Fantillusion CD’s. Bought cool Maleficent ears hat. Queued and got glass of champagne for Mum - got into good position on raised bank just to left of castle so we could see over the crowds. Countdown in French and Bonne Annee!! Happpy New Year. Fireworks were stunning and castle lovely. Fought against the crowds of people leaving the park and headed in to Frontierland - Bonne Annee to all cast members. Queued and did Big Thunder - simply amazing - unreal chanting and singing through the whole ride - the station was cheering when we came back in. Along to Phantom Manor and walked straight in. Walked down Main Street - place was buzzing! Into Disney Village - Mum got Chocolate strawberry skewer and I had a white choc marshmallow one. Dragged out weary carcasses back to the hotel! Rubbed feet better and finally went to bed at 2:30. Day 2 coming shortly!

Nick

What a busy day!! But what a great place to spend New year's Eve :)

I was tired reading your first day :)

What a lovely start to a DLRP holiday.

waiting for day 2 :wave2:

WOW !!!!!! What a wonderful day!!!!!
We liked the Cheyenne too, when we were there !!!

Would you suggest to go to DLP for New year eve ? (We are in our Fifties ! )

laura

It is a really special atmosphere in the park. It was really busy but we still managed to do quite a bit, saw the parade, Fantillusion etc without too much hassle. It is well worth it - I would advise focusing on where you would be for the fireworks - we got a good spot behind the side-walkway which leads to Frontierland and stood behind the small fence next to the trees - ordinarly you would be chased from here but the place is sooo busy in the central hub there really is nowhere else to go.

I would recommend it to you highly.

Sounds like you had a really busy day and bought a LOT of stuff! The atmosphere sounds great and it must be fantastic being in the park in the middle of the night!

Rhiannon :wizard:

The dragon in the castle dungeon is always one of my first stops in the park. First time I went I wasn't sure what to expect but was well impressed. Sadly, last time I went some daft woman was trying to force her child to go down and the kid was clearly terrified. It is very dark and scarey if you are little and don't really understand. It must have so spoiled the day for him, poor little chap.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter