Belated Best Friends August 2019 Trip Report

TinkAriel111

Disney Addict
Hi Everyone! I am so behind on posting this that it is kind of embarrassing! I was getting ready to start a new trip planning thread when I realized I had not done the trip report from my 2019 trip yet. So with that being said I will do the August 2019 trip report then start a new thread for a possible up coming trip.

**If you would like to read the Pre-Trip Report I will post a link here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/i...10th-19-updated-07-31-is-it-time-yet.3733992/

DAY ONE: Friday August 2nd: WORK AND TRAVEL

It is officially TRAVEL DAY well half-way LOL. I had been up since 4 AM making sure everything was together so we wouldn’t miss anything since I had to work all day! Which I was completely useless for work…..my mind was already on Disney travel and what I needed to do when I got home.

Meanwhile, Courtney was lucky enough and did not have work or school on this day so she literally got to sit at home and wait ALL Day LOL. She probably wouldn’t say she was lucky cause the time passed by so slow for her. She was literally messaging me first thing saying we leave today! She was beside herself!

5:00PM had finally came and I was headed home to load up the car and head out. I figured I would have some extra time before Courtney arrived to get all of my stuff settled but for once she was on time well actually early as we was at my house before I could get there from work! Would you say she was ready?

When I finally made it to the house I still had a few things I needed to take care of so that we could hit the road!

We finally got the car loaded up and the things at the house settled and left out around maybe 6:15pm – 6:30pm.

We had already decided we would stopped on the way and picked up some dinner to eat on the road to our first stop in Dothan! We didn’t want to waste time sitting down somewhere to eat…..I am sure we picked up Chick-Fil-A J

On the way to Dothan Courtney was bouncing in her seat and we weren’t even 10 minutes from the house! LOL she was like I don’t know what to do with this excitement. I told her to hold on to that for the week to come…you will need it with the lack of sleep!

When we arrived at our hotel in Dothan we unloaded everything in the hotel…. Yes we unloaded everything for one night…. Thanks mom lol Courtney asked can we just leave now I told her no. She was like I am not tired at all. I told her that we will leave as soon as we get up in the morning. While we were getting ready to go to bed I went ahead and gave her the Stitch cup with some goodies in it for the trip that I had made her a couple of weeks back.

Last edited:
Reactions: DLo
Saturday, August 3rd: 2nd Travel Day and Check In. Are We Really Here?

We got up around 5 am and slowly started getting ready. We decided to head down to the lobby to enjoy the free breakfast.

Once we got on the road Courtney was like I can’t stay excited for the next 4 ½ hours or I will be tired by the time I get there. She kept saying I don’t know what to do with my life I AM GOING TO DISNEY!:jumping1:

There really wasn’t anything that happened on the drive down besides just listening to Disney music and talking about the days to come J

Once we arrived on property we went and checked in. Lucky enough it was even thought it was before check in time our room was ready. We had really good placement in the 70’s area. We ended up with a room close to the main building and buses. Which worked out perfect on those late nights.

We went straight to the room and unpacked everything for the week. We then headed down to the food court and got some lunch cause we were starving! We decided not to stop along the way because we were just ready to get there. We both opted for just a burger and fries. Oh and we picked up our dining cups. I think we really only used these cups at night and of course not that we are back home. Nothing makes your coffee more enjoyable that a Disney cup...am I right?

After dinner we went and got ready for an afternoon at Disney Springs! I always have to start my trips off with a trip to Disney Springs. We walked around for a bit and did some shopping. We decided it was hot enough so we grabbed some ice cream and slowly made our way back to the buses to head back to the room. We ended up not eating dinner at Disney Springs since we had just ate so I am not sure if we didn’t eat dinner or if we ate again at the food court.

Once we returned we made our way over to the pool area and tried two fruity drinks, which I don’t remember the names of. Once we were finished there we ended up prepping our bags for the parks and got ready to go to bed so we could start our FIRST park day!! Next up Courtney’s First Day at a Disney Park! This girl is beside herself to be at Disney!! Which makes my Disney heart happy!!

Reactions: DLo
Sunday: Guess What!! We are at DISNEY!!!
Courtney woke up at 4:45 and I woke up about 10 minutes before the alarm and could not go back to sleep LOL. So we got up and started getting ready to head off to the bus stop.

We got on the bus to Hollywood Studios at 6:45 AM! 7:15 bag check and then they let us in the park at 7:30am!

As we were walking Courtney gets so excited and turns to me and goes.... Court Guess What!!!! We are at Disney!

We first went straight for Slinky Dog Dash for her first ride! 8:13 AM we were in line for Slinky. The line said it would be a 65-minute wait. I was thinking it would be a 30-minute wait. I think we ended up waiting like 20-25 minutes.

She loved Slinky Dog Dash! She thought it was a great “warm-up” since she had not been on a coaster in 10-12 years!

We then headed over to Star Tours cause it was a 5 minute wait! (Something about this ride makes me sick which makes me sad)

We then headed over to meet Chewbacah.

Then over to Toy Story Mania for out fastpass!

We headed over to ABC Commentary for a burger and chicken nuggets and Courtney got a FREE cupcake for her birthday!

I am sure we did something between Meeting Chewy and eating but don’t remember what that was.

After eating we headed over to FROZEN!! We ended up with front seats to view which was great cause I think it is so cute. We next headed over to Alien Swirling Saucers which had about a 35 minute wait. We thought this ride was so cute!

We headed over for my favorite ride in HS – Rocking Roller Coaster! Which she absolutely loved it! Oh and did I mentioned we sat up front!!

We grabbed a snack right outside which I highly recommend the cream cheese pretzel.

Then we did Beauty and the Beast before heading over to Little Mermaid.

We hit a lule in the day as we had about 40 minutes till our Fantasmic fastpasses but there were no wait lines that short so we walked around some shops to start Courtney on pin trading. (This has become an addiction for her LOL)

We then headed over to Fantasmic which Courtney loved it! We were sad to officially end our first park day.

We ended the night with dinner at the resort.

Sunday: Guess What!! We are at DISNEY!!!
Courtney woke up at 4:45 and I woke up about 10 minutes before the alarm and could not go back to sleep LOL. So we got up and started getting ready to head off to the bus stop.

We got on the bus to Hollywood Studios at 6:45 AM! 7:15 bag check and then they let us in the park at 7:30am!

As we were walking Courtney gets so excited and turns to me and goes.... Court Guess What!!!! We are at Disney!

We first went straight for Slinky Dog Dash for her first ride! 8:13 AM we were in line for Slinky. The line said it would be a 65-minute wait. I was thinking it would be a 30-minute wait. I think we ended up waiting like 20-25 minutes.

She loved Slinky Dog Dash! She thought it was a great “warm-up” since she had not been on a coaster in 10-12 years!

We then headed over to Star Tours cause it was a 5 minute wait! (Something about this ride makes me sick which makes me sad)

We then headed over to meet Chewbacah.

Then over to Toy Story Mania for out fastpass!

We headed over to ABC Commentary for a burger and chicken nuggets and Courtney got a FREE cupcake for her birthday!

I am sure we did something between Meeting Chewy and eating but don’t remember what that was.

After eating we headed over to FROZEN!! We ended up with front seats to view which was great cause I think it is so cute. We next headed over to Alien Swirling Saucers which had about a 35 minute wait. We thought this ride was so cute!

We headed over for my favorite ride in HS – Rocking Roller Coaster! Which she absolutely loved it! Oh and did I mentioned we sat up front!!

We grabbed a snack right outside which I highly recommend the cream cheese pretzel.

Then we did Beauty and the Beast before heading over to Little Mermaid.

We hit a lule in the day as we had about 40 minutes till our Fantasmic fastpasses but there were no wait lines that short so we walked around some shops to start Courtney on pin trading. (This has become an addiction for her LOL)

We then headed over to Fantasmic which Courtney loved it! We were sad to officially end our first park day.

We ended the night with dinner at the resort.
Maybe one day I will finish this report if I can remember anything from it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter