Beirgarten Party Of One

I guess it depends on who you get stuck with! We were a party of 7, with one kiddo in a highchair. I would have felt bad for a solo getting stuck at our table. I would probably feel awkward if I was solo too, the tables feel tight to me. My husband and I felt like we were shoulder to shoulder and we aren't big people.

I guess it depends on who you get stuck with! We were a party of 7, with one kiddo in a highchair. I would have felt bad for a solo getting stuck at our table. I would probably feel awkward if I was solo too, the tables feel tight to me. My husband and I felt like we were shoulder to shoulder and we aren't big people.

Did they seat a solo with you?

I have a lot of experience eating alone, and I have to say the best environment is always a restaurant where I can be seated at the bar. The bartenders talk to you if you like company, and leave you alone if you don't, so there is always zero awkwardness. No such option at Biergarten, so I personally would pass if it were me.

We ate there last year as a party of 7 and were told that if a solo diner came along, he or she may be placed at the empty seat at our table. No one ever did come, but we would have been fine with that. The solo diner may have felt awkward being that we were one large party, but I would think usually the tables are comprised of at least 2-3 different parties that don't know each other anyway.

I've done Biergarten solo twice now and have an ADR for my next solo trip as well. The only awkwardness I have encountered was very brief when a guy in one of the other parties (a group of 3 and a group of 4) made a comment when I was seated with them that it was sad that I couldn't find a date... The show started about 10 minutes later and everyone was then focused on watching/commenting about the polka band and going up for seconds and desserts. My other experience was at dinner marathon weekend and it was loud so it didn't really make a difference that I didn't really know anyone at the table as it was hard to converse over the noise. I obviously liked the food and entertainment well enough to book it a third time solo :-)

I did Biergarten solo in February, it was nice. I ended up talking to a lovely couple about dementia care and Alzheimer's for ages because they were caring for a family member with dementia. Which probably doesn't sound fun to everyone, but I run a retirement residence and I specialize in dementia care so it was right up my alley. :rotfl:

It wouldn't bother me at all. But I love the community seating here. Sometimes we are next to people who aren't into it and we leave them be, but most of the time we've had a good experience with chatting with others at our table. I'd go for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter