Beirgarten or Teppan Edo?

I have not eaten at Teppen Edo, but I have heard many say that while it is good, it is pretty much identical to just about any hibatchi you'd go to at home. the chef will flip food into your mouth, light his hat on fire, and make a volcano out of an onion. While fun, is pretty common.

So not factual!!! If you have a Japanese Steakhouse you eat at near home you may want to consider Biergarden.
I have eaten and enjoyed both.
I would choose Teppan Edo

I vote Biergarten! Very flavorful and nice variety of food.

Teppen Edo - was very very bland and lacking choice food.

My vote is for Teppan Edo. It's not bland. You just have to know what you are eating and how to eat it. They give you an amazing amount of food and 4 dipping sauces and explain what they are for. They also have the standard soy sauce, etc.

Biergarten is a no for me, too loud and the food is too sub par and heavy.

Both are good for what they are.....Biergarten for a ton of food, family fun, and entertainment...Teppon Edo is fun as well, with it's lil show & food, but to be honest, it's just like a typical Benihana type joint in everyones neighborhood.:confused3

I like Tokyo dining a whole bunch more....:thumbsup2

I don't care for Biergarten. Then again I don't care for German food and I feel it's watered down German food. My whole family enjoyed Teppan Edo - have never found the food bland. Have I been to better hibachi grills? Definitely, but this is Disney and the show still ain't bad.

We vote Biergarten, hands down. It I one of the hidden gems in WDW, with excellent food, wonderful theming and a fun show!

AKK

Hmmm... I was just wondering the same thing as the OP. But my kids are younger... and we've been to Biergarten. Should we go back to Biergarten or try Teppan?? If we go to Teppan, is it alright for my almost 2 year old??

Depends on the two year old. If they can stay seated, then it will be fine. They just need to understand only the chef does the cooking.

One thing to remember is that getting up and down at the Biergarten happens all the time with people of all ages. Not so much at Teppan Edo. If you want a show right in front of you, go to Teppan Edo but that show will go away and attention will be on dinner. At the Biergarten, people will be up and about the entire time, the band will play for about 25 minutes so while you can have down times, more than likely you will have a band performing but not right in front of you. Also at Teppan Edo, you will be seated in a long row where at the Biergarten, you will have others (or your family) across from you.

Was not impressed with Biergarten - not much 'German' about it IMO. DH & I still joke about the 'German' Oscar Mayer wieners!! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter