Being honest , were you fully ready for parenthood?

No - I don't think anybody really is, from an experiential point-of-view. Most of us had the practical issues buttoned down but you just simply can't know what you don't know, and the joys and tribulations of being responsible for a tiny, helpless, precious human person is one of those things.

Nooooooo no nope! Thought i was, but lol. Still, the greatest part of my life by far. Love being my girl's mom!

Yes! It was the 'job' I always knew I wanted to do, and I was 100% ready at 24. Between my confidence, my Dr. Spock book, and my mom's advice, I think I did a darn good job! ;)

Yes, we both were - which surprised us since we didn’t really want children…

I was 2 weeks shy of my 18th birthday when I found out I was pregnant, though assumed I was for the 2 weeks since I missed my period. So to I was NOT ready for parenthood would be an understatement.

I knew from a relatively young age I would not be a good parent so I have not sought out parenthood. I feel like I made the right decision, all things considered.

The only thing that I can remember taking me by surprise was finding out that nursing was a 14-18 hour per day activity. I fully expected newborns needed to eat frequently and around-the-clock, but I thought you could nurse for 20 minutes and then move on to other things until the next hour’s feeding. I didn’t know they would become a semi-permanently attached fixture that stayed there for hours-long stretches, making it impossible for me to do anything but morph into a useless lump on the couch. Other than that, it’s been about what I expected, albeit less miserable than parents made it out to be prior to my having kids.

Being honest , were you fully ready for parenthood?​

"Fully" ready? Probably not. But, having children at an older age (post 35 years of age) we were both pretty adaptable to most situations.

No, I got pregnant after being married for 5 months (although we dated for 5 years), we weren’t planning on bring parents for several more years. We were 29 when she was born and since we started early we managed to squeeze in 4 more.

Yes. Considering I never babysat and wasn't particularly ga-ga over kids in general I think we did pretty well as parents. We both worked full time and still managed to eat a homemade dinner daily as a family and we managed to raise our kids to be respectable kind independent & hard-working adults. Thank goodness for our common sense. We were 28 & 32 when 1st time parents.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter