Being Called The Wrong Name

My mom still mixes up the names. She does it with my Dd also but with the pets in the family. I have a boy and a girl so I never mix them up but sometimes I call my daughter my younger sisters name. Oh and my sisters two dogs died fairly recently and at Christmas those names kept getting in the mix of my dogs name and my dog that died years ago kept coming into play too so we were all laughing at that.

I only have a much younger brother, yet my mother managed to call me Barbra once. My name doesn't even begin with B and there are no Barbras in the family, nor does she have any friends named Barbra. No one can explain that one.

Occasionally I have called one of my daughters by her sister's name, maybe twice.

DH has cousins we refer to as D-Bob and B-Dave because his uncle would mix them up and catch it midstream so often they claimed they had new names.

Yes, and I do something like that to my kids all the time. I call them my brother and sisters names (they were 8 and 10 years younger than me and in the same order as my kids).

Yes. I have one brother and DM used to mix up our names. Now, DD is an only child and especially when she was younger I *might* have called her the cats name once or twice.:blush:

I have 4 sisters. Until we married and moved out we just all shared the same name: Janesallypattymaryanna*

My mother just pretty much called everyone and whoever answered first was the lucky recipient of either a chore or the honor of getting her something to drink (which we loved because then we got to sneak a drink of her Diet Pepsi Free in a glass bottle). Yeah, we were real thrill-seekers, haha :tiptoe:

I try not to call my first two in succession - or at least not by their nicknames: samandella

*not our real names

My girls are Vanessa & Veronica. I usually catch myself around the 3rd syllable if I mess up. My father-in-law just calls them both Vernessa LOL

I start my girls' names wrong the majority of the time, I think. Their names are apparently Al-Rachel and Ra-Allison.

What I don't quite understand is a lady at church that calls me by my sister's name. I have been there since birth (now 39), played organ since I was 14, so I'm pretty well known in our small church :) and my sister has been going to a different church for 25+ years. But that's the name she remembers...

Oh yeah - I'm one of 8 children, #6. My mom always went through the list to get to me. Also, if you heard your first AND middle name, you knew you were in trouble!

My closest-in-age sister is only 18 months older than me & friends would sometimes call me her name.

Oh yeah - I'm one of 8 children, #6. My mom always went through the list to get to me. Also, if you heard your first AND middle name, you knew you were in trouble!

My closest-in-age sister is only 18 months older than me & friends would sometimes call me her name.

Yep, when Mom called me Angela Marie, I knew I was in deep doo-doo. But even worse was when I was addressed as "Young Lady."

DS was an only child and I often mixed up his and the dog's name! And sometimes called the dog by DS's name as well.

I also often refer to my step-daughter as my daughter-n-law, mostly because I always get tangled with what to call her husband. Lately, it's been 'my step-daughter and our son-n-law'. I have no problem referring to her as my daughter and she doesn't either, but I want to remain respectful to her mom, who would definitely take issue with me calling her my daughter.

I was pretty good when my three sons were little but now that they're all grown up and pretty much the same size, I often call them by the wrong name. My two brothers are the worse, tho. I'm always calling them by the other's name. You'd think their names were "I'mTom" and "I'mRob" as much as they respond back to me!!! :rotfl:

Siblings' names?!? Please sometimes I get the PETS' names!

Yup. We will still tease my mom when she gets to the dog's name before the person she's attempting to address.

My mom has a "she's my sister and I love her, but I seriously hate her" relationship with my aunt. You knew she was very angry with you if she called you aunt's name by accident.

Every time I see him, my brother calls me by the name of his best friend. I am female, the friend is male but the name starts with the same letter.

My daughters' names both begin with G so yes, we sometimes mix up their names. As do their teachers (my youngest has the same Kindergarten teacher as my oldest did two years ago and does it all the time lol)....as does Grandma....and friends.....

All the time, my name is Gina. My sisters are Tina and Nina. It kind of became a game trying to figure out which one of us Mom was talking to/about, especially if she was angry :)

I have two brothers. Regardless of the brother she is talking to, she says the other two first before saying the correct one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter