Being booted by the NBA deal , where is Disney moving you too?

The thing is that what has happened so far may not happen in the same way.

If WDW doesn’t open any other hotels right away, it may be very difficult for everyone to be moved and they may decide not to offer that as a true walk.

Until we get the next round of moves, I don’t think anyone can count on it, My speculation is that with NBA, moves will go to deluxe first, and then a plan for the rest will happen.

Hopefully we will know tomorrow as Thursday has been the typical day for cancels and the past two weeks for people who were staying June 22nd to July 11th.

Gosh, I hope you're wrong on the Deluxe first part :( We were originally booked at Yacht CL and upgraded to a CL Deluxe Suite at GDT before all this news came out (sounds silly to call it an upgrade from a a Deluxe to a Moderate - but the room was quite a bit more expensive than YC). I'd hate to be moved to the bottom of the list and potentially miss out on a spot because we made that change...

Time out ... 5 pages and most importantly the OP nor anyone else has been “booted” from anything by Disney. Alot of fake news here. YC isn’t even open and isn’t planned to be....By the time they are open the nba season will be over
From the Disney News and Updates
Players will be staying in three different Disney hotels:

I have a four night reservation at Yacht Club for late July and the reservation shows up in MDE and no one from WDW has emailed or called me about moving resorts. I guess paying customers will be welcome there until August 1?

I have a four night reservation at Yacht Club for late July and the reservation shows up in MDE and no one from WDW has emailed or called me about moving resorts. I guess paying customers will be welcome there until August 1?
Nobody knows, the nba thing hasn’t been officially announced by Disney. We are July 7th at a resort that has not been announced to open. No email yet and everything is still in mde. Crickets.

Disney has not officially released any information. Everything listed is based on information gathered elsewhere. Not to say that information is not correct but for the person asking about if Disney has announced it, the answer is no.

Well, I guess that’s what Disney is doing with the reduced park hours. I thought maybe the early closures were for deeper cleaning each night. But there’s no money in that.

Yeah, I’m super bummed about not getting to experience the parks at night. That is the most magical time for the parks! I am also very disappointed that we are being bumped from Gran Destino. I have been wanting to stay there since it opened.

I have been willing to cut Disney some slack over the lack of communication due to the current situation with the virus. However, it infuriates me that I am having to move to a different hotel when this was booked many months ago and my family was really looking forward to it.

Disney has done nothing with trips beyond check out of July 11th.

I have a split stay Aug 24 - Sept 2 GF club level then moving to YC club level. I also haven't been contacted by Disney (and don't expect to anytime soon). I'm seriously thinking of cancelling especially since I hear they are doing away with club level for the foreseeable future, but still holding out hope. Not sure where they could even move us that is on the same $$ or resort level.

I believe before I was very forgiving over lack of communication and such due to Covid. This is different. They are taking guests out of planned vacations for a sport. This will leave a lot of sour tastes in guest mouths over losing YC , GF and GDT.

Agreed. We have a late September ressie at GDT. We specifically chose that resort over others. There is a complete difference of moving me to another resort if it had been it was not open at all. But they are opening it - for others. We have a package with airfare and if they "move" us, then WE have to cancel and likely will have to eat the airline cancellation fee. You can bet I'll be pushing back on that if they don't absorb that cost. I shouldn't be penalized because they've chosen to make a deal with the NBA. And for those arguing it likely wouldn't have been open anyway, it's a moot point because they are opening it.

Not sure I'd qualify what the NBA arrangement is as "opening" the resort. They're essentially turning it into a fortress for a sporting competition. It's almost guaranteed it would have been closed for your stay regardless and you would have had a move/cancellation to deal with anyway.

Now, whether they should be proactively communicating with affected guests already is another matter.

Well, it is not false new or rumors as someone mentioned. It has happened. Aug 28-Sept 6 YC CL trip is now showing at the Poly, CL. No communication from Disney but it was a TA booked trip.

Someone else at YC also moved to Poly (not sure exact dates) upon checking MDE. In turn I checked and saw we had been moved. No communication at all from Disney.

We are not happy about this.

We're YC 8/28-8/30, and I haven't seen or heard any changes yet. Sounds like I should expect some. I really don't care as long as I get a roughly equivalent resort (I'll be really grumpy if they try to send us to Saratoga Springs, but other than that, I'm pretty flexible).

The NBA is big business. Its presence is good for Disney, and for the economy in general.

Agreed. We have a late September ressie at GDT. We specifically chose that resort over others. There is a complete difference of moving me to another resort if it had been it was not open at all. But they are opening it - for others. We have a package with airfare and if they "move" us, then WE have to cancel and likely will have to eat the airline cancellation fee. You can bet I'll be pushing back on that if they don't absorb that cost. I shouldn't be penalized because they've chosen to make a deal with the NBA. And for those arguing it likely wouldn't have been open anyway, it's a moot point because they are opening it.

Without this deal, Disney might not be able to open at all, or at least not in a form even remotely resembling what we know and love, so I suppose it is a double-edged sword.

Yeah, I’m super bummed about not getting to experience the parks at night. That is the most magical time for the parks! I am also very disappointed that we are being bumped from Gran Destino. I have been wanting to stay there since it opened.

I have been willing to cut Disney some slack over the lack of communication due to the current situation with the virus. However, it infuriates me that I am having to move to a different hotel when this was booked many months ago and my family was really looking forward to it.

has DISNEY officially “bumped” you or are you assuming?

Well, it is not false new or rumors as someone mentioned. It has happened. Aug 28-Sept 6 YC CL trip is now showing at the Poly, CL. No communication from Disney but it was a TA booked trip.

Someone else at YC also moved to Poly (not sure exact dates) upon checking MDE. In turn I checked and saw we had been moved. No communication at all from Disney.

We are not happy about this.
So you just went in to your account and it was switched?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter