Beignets

ash-n-brensmom

DIS Veteran
I’m here, first day in the parks is tomorrow. It says that the Mint Julip Bar is closed. Is that the only spot to get Mickey beignets? I’m so bummed it’s closed...the list keeps getting longer and longer...I knew with discounted tickets there would be closures, but the list seems to be getting longer every day...
Any ideas other than Jazz Kitchen?

Eager to read the answers to this post! Our last visit was a few years ago and I thought Mickey beignets were available at the French market restaurant. Just looked at the online menu and they're not listed.

I found out that the Mint Julep Bar opens 3/2, but the mickey beignets are being sold in the French Market until then :D

The French Market has them for sale inside (next to the Mint Julep location). The sign at the M.J. bar indicated you could buy them inside on Sunday at least! I didn’t personally go in though.

Sorry missed the reply above :)

Yep, French Market has them, as does Cafe Orleans. Cafe Orleans has 2 types; the traditional powdered sugar Mickeys, and a chocolate coffee version. They were yummy. Best meal of my trip: Cafe Orleans for pomme frites and beignets without an entree :)

Even when the Mint Julep bar is open, we don't get beignets there. Just hop on the monorail and it dumps you pretty close to the Jazz Kitchen Express. They have the official Café du Monde mix there, and they're every bit as good as being in NOLA. The Mickey-style are just OK. For me, if I'm going to inject that amount of calories, it better be awesome!

Even when the Mint Julep bar is open, we don't get beignets there. Just hop on the monorail and it dumps you pretty close to the Jazz Kitchen Express. They have the official Café du Monde mix there, and they're every bit as good as being in NOLA. The Mickey-style are just OK. For me, if I'm going to inject that amount of calories, it better be awesome!

Thank you for that insight! It has never occurred to me to order beignets at a Disney property, precisely due to my love of them at Café du Monde. I've stayed at POFQ at WDW several times and have never even considered getting the beignets. I'm definitely going to head to Jazz Kitchen when I'm there in December. :thanks:

Last edited:
I agree; they're better at the Jazz Kitchen, and we even got them from the Jazz Kitchen express.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter