Behavior Challenge Thread

Sister, I say life is just like High School- it's just that the kids are all older and fatter, and in most cases, much more angry. So if those Divas are cheerleaders, then come hang out with us nerds, because chances are none of us did that crap in high school and we certainly are too busy for it now. When you are trying to relive the Glory days, you tend to miss the beauty of Now. Booyah!

Booyah back at ya! :banana::banana: Last fall was my 25th reunion, and lemme tell ya, some things don't change. Except the nerds are all quite comfortable and happy with themselves and that's pretty darn funny. My "glory days" could kick the butt of theirs any day, if I felt the need to shove it in their faces. Which I don't, cause I don't care. :thumbsup2

And I have a bone to pick with someone here, and I think it's DisDreamin, although I'm not sure and too lazy to try to find the old post. But it's not really a bone to pick, I guess. Somebody here sometime made some comment about how I needed to read Twilight. I didn't think anything about it, but in the weeks that followed, about five or six other people told me the same thing. How wierd, since I'm not a vampire girl. ;) So finally I was at work and popped in the library and they had it, so I checked it out.

Thanks alot. :scared: Read the first one in one night, borrowed the second off of my friend and read that in one night, have the other two requested for library loan.

But here's the wild part. Oldest DS, Mr. ADHD who idolizes Johnny Knoxville :eek:, he saw me reading it and I guess a bunch of kids in his class were talking about it... so now he's reading it! He's about half-way thru and I actually watched him sit for two hours over the weekend, reading a book! Seriously, this is shocking. He even threw me out of my good reading spot. I told him that if he actually read the whole thing I'd buy him a t-shirt since they have them at Wal-Mart, although my friend says the t-shirts are supposed to be for girls and he'd probably get harrassed if he wore one, he says he doesn't care.

He did confess he's skipping over the mushy parts and only reading the good stuff.

Hello,

I'm one of the Diva's you were speaking of.

I'm also the mother of a clinicly diagnosed and medicated daughter with bi polar.. and a granddaughter who is Doctor diagnosed border line aspergers. I'm also daughter in law to a mother with alzehmiers. I myself have very bad asthma and usually end up in the hospital once a year with it, as well as having a glutten allergy.

At the moment, I watch my 3 grandchildren 2 days a week while my daughter and her son attend college late in the evening after working all day. I'm also the only sibling to my brother who was laid off on new years eve, every month I send his family money to help out until he can get another job.

My Father is very ill with a chronic heart condition that he will die of, and this breaks my heart a little more each day.

And yes, I was a cheerleader in highschool. And yes, i am fat now.

I just wanted you to know one of the people who you spoke so disaparagingly of without knowing.

As I have said before, *ALL* of the ladies on the Girl's Only trip have burdens and challenges you never know of. We gathered together to escape those stresses, worries and concerns and have fun.

Maybe you might wish to remember, even "cheerleaders" are people too and carry heavy loads, before you speak unkindly of them.

Peace.

I got another infraction and was told not to insult them but then they are allowed to come to our haven or rest. Ladies if you do not see me then you know I was banned for being a neurovariant. I just cry and cry and cry. The memories of all my kids online that are gone. All the suffering they have gone through and all the things they have done for me and others.

One day I realized that my place in the world was chatting with kids online but not on teen messageboards. Someone spread that lie recently. As you all know I do not want any child to end up like myself, alone and slipped through the cracks. i have spend the past years in game related chat rooms that are for all ages. I incourage kids to be better persons and hug them and tell them that things will get better. I set here and cry as I miss them so much.

I dream of a world where the neurovariants rule the world. Where we are not outcasts and second class citizens. I am back here and I have posted a picture of mom and me because I was shunned and never was my picture added. We are neurovariants and there is no changing us so it is time to come out of the closet and show our faces. Mom looks like her mother.

Hello,

I'm one of the Diva's you were speaking of.

I'm also the mother of a clinicly diagnosed and medicated daughter with bi polar.. and a granddaughter who is Doctor diagnosed border line aspergers. I'm also daughter in law to a mother with alzehmiers. I myself have very bad asthma and usually end up in the hospital once a year with it, as well as having a glutten allergy.

At the moment, I watch my 3 grandchildren 2 days a week while my daughter and her son attend college late in the evening after working all day. I'm also the only sibling to my brother who was laid off on new years eve, every month I send his family money to help out until he can get another job.

My Father is very ill with a chronic heart condition that he will die of, and this breaks my heart a little more each day.

And yes, I was a cheerleader in highschool. And yes, i am fat now.

I just wanted you to know one of the people who you spoke so disaparagingly of without knowing.

As I have said before, *ALL* of the ladies on the Girl's Only trip have burdens and challenges you never know of. We gathered together to escape those stresses, worries and concerns and have fun.

Maybe you might wish to remember, even "cheerleaders" are people too and carry heavy loads, before you speak unkindly of them.

Peace.

Well that's the other thing, Laurie, ADHD aside, he's reading fiction, which thus far all the fiction has been limited strictly to anime-type junk. And he's never ever attempted anything that big before, it's a thick book, usually just the sight of thick books makes him run.

fairykin, it sounds like you do have a lot of challenges in your life. I started this thread as a place for all of us to sort of vent about the issues we face at home, both good and bad, and to get support from each other. And as such, if you'd like to join us to discuss the issues you're facing, you're more than welcome. You'll see, if you go back (the 33 pages or however long it is now) that we've done a pretty good job of avoiding controversy and being supportive to the people that have posted here. We've formed a pretty protective shell, too. But the door is always open to others who want to come in, it's not like we could stop it anyway, if you need a place to vent sometimes please have a seat and we'll fetch you some iced tea. :)

Becky,
Thank you for being so gracious to me. I appreciate your kindness and will remember your open invitation.

I wish all of those suffering ease and peace.

I'm not going to be intrusive as I have no desire to make anyone uncomfortable in their home here.

I just wanted to show that many of us face the same challenges others do.

Healing, Light and Peace to All:goodvibes
Dawn

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2152173&page=23

I am hysterically crying and worn down. Over and over they challenge me about my neurovariation, who is this bookwormde and what are his credentials. I am so far gone into the darkness and am rocking and crying despite my many blessings. They welcomed me and in time all I do is fear being banned from this site and crying.

I cannot believe the way they jumped on you. I'm so sorry. You would think, with some of them being mothers of nuerovariant children themselves, they'd have a bit more understanding and compassion.

I started crying too when I got to one post in particular about what "family" really is. Family doesn't judge you, tear you apart, and then hang you out to dry (unless it's my family, but that's another story... :rolleyes1) they accept you for who you are and help you with what you need. A good friend of mine lurks around this thread and actually pointed me over here to read, and his response to that was "if all someone does is point out your flaws, you become those flaws."

I tried to read all of that as my husband would and it completely breaks my heart. I'm so sorry that they pushed at you the way they did. You are a wonderful person and don't deserve that sort of treatment. I'm very happy to hear that you got your scooter and have accomplished so much recently. I hope that thing came with a horn to beep-beep as you scoot your way away from Mommy Dearest on her bad days :rotfl:

One thing I truly enjoy about this thread, and this section of the boards in particular, is its complete lack of "clique-ism". I was welcomed when I jumped in, my first post to DIS as a whole was on this board, and it was warmly received.

I guess what I'm trying to mush on about is, you guys are great, and seeing the behavior of the posters in that thread makes me very grateful for it. :goodvibes

I should stay here and be loved for the neurovariant I am.
:hug:

Warmly hugs saveaquarter and checks the buns, are they ready yet? I am waiting for them baby pictures. I wonder if you are a good cook as it is buns in the oven not slow-cooker, lol.

Management does not care as I am just a freak of nature who blew in one day. Your friend sounds a lot like bookworm. I am going back to bed and have good new everyone.

The president is sending mom $250 as part of the stimulus package. I did not get a letter but that could buy her a new television. Ohana is family and nobody gets left behind here. I need to call aout the bus pass but the TMJ is threatning so I need to relax. I stripped an old bra of all the elastic today.

GUESS what. Someone suggested I need to get meds to take care of my NV, lol. I need hugs, love, friends, and a strong society instead of happy pills. I think most of us here do not need happy pills but instead need maids and a trip to WDW.

Becky have you ever clicked on a person's profile and seen all their posts in one place but suddenly they are in a new spot. I am probably having a weird day, lol.:surfweb:

Mom needs me to get something. Hugs and chocolates
Laurie:grouphug::cheer2::woohoo::surfweb::hug:

I need hugs, love, friends, and a strong society instead of happy pills.

:hug: Laurie. I came by to offer some support and advice. I attended the DIS Ladies trip in 2008. Once home, I became the common enemy. Many things were said about and to me. I am sorry that you are hurting. My advice is to just step away from that thread. Why put yourself through the heartbreak? You have a great group of friends right here on this thread who support you.

:hug: to Laurie Dole whips BUT NO BOK CHOY:) even if it is healthy

I fold straw wrappers- candy wrappers etc, sugar/splenda packets get orgami too ...Doodle non -stop at meetings -I have some behavior like OCD- but from what i read it's really not OCD- just quirks I have.
but had been told by a dr I had ADD....I tend to drift- I am one of those who see something pretty and stop-or I see something different and STOP right in front of scooter people :rolleyes1 and then I have to apologize. I have really gotten better-

I just finished up the 100 chocolate chip cookies I had to make for DD school-she has helped bag them and went to check the bookbag again.

I *ahem* am addicted to the twilight books - but now back soon to harry potter if the next movie ever gets out.

Love the concert story. I have fallen asleep at movies I found boring...DH says why do I take you? and i say cause you love me. :lovestruc

Ohana means family and we are a good family supporting each other through quirks and struggles :hug:

even though I just have a difficult child with health issues I was welcomed here too- and that is :cloud9:

It's quick how it all comes back.

Today I had to go up to the kid's school and was in the cafeteria during the last lunch shift, which includes all the 5th graders.

Last week, Thursday, I went to the eye doctor because I thought I had scratched my eye. I wear contacts, and the contacts are my one big vanity thing, because my eyes are really bad and glasses very thick.

I'm vain enough with it that when both DS's were born, I wouldn't let anyone in the room after delivery until I'd put my contacts back in. Very few people have seen me with glasses, I've worn them 4 times in the past 20 years. Which is why I still own the same glasses from 20 years ago, and they are super-dorky coke-bottle pink framed nightmares. Seriously, this is the first time youngest DS had ever seen me wearing them.

So I've scratched my eye (just a bit, I guess, not a huge deal) and I have to do eyedrops for 7 days and can't wear my contacts and am walking around wearing the Dork Glasses.

So we are walking home today and there is this girl from DS's class. And I guess the kids in class were giving him a hard time 'cause his mom looked like a dork. I used to be a cool mom, you know, but the mere sight of the Dork Glasses put me over to the other side. And DS didn't even say anything to me about it, bless his heart.

And it all comes right back, doesn't it? ;) They're just all mad 'cause their glasses aren't retro like mine. :thumbsup2

I have now lured him into reading more of the book by dropping hints about what's coming up in the next chapter. He's back in his room with Lay's and iced tea, and as you can tell, got off the computer. I think I could turn this into a long-term deal... 4 books... 2 weeks per book... I'm already into summer break...

Laurie, the last time I was on "happy pills" (which yes, I got by legal means) I wouldn't stop talking and one day cleaned the kitchen floor on my hands and knees for no good reason and the ladies at work found me very entertaining and I was sleeping 5 hours a night and didn't even care. I don't think it will help with any NV, but boy was that a ride! Just say no!

I would like to step forward and receive my 30 lashes for all my transgressions. First, I cannot hide from recommending Twilight. For that I am not sorry. Becky, I read every single one of the books in a five DAY span. Yep, five days.

Second, I do not hide from or apologize for my words. If someone says something you don't like, then ignore it. I spent too many years being manipulated by this type of people and I'm not about to give up my hard earned backbone now. I have nothing against anyone. I have better things to do with my time. Everyone has problems. Laurie is entitled to her opinion and those that for some reason or another don't like what she has to say may easily block her posts from what they view. And I didn't say what I said to hurt them. If I had that intent, I would have gone on their thread and said something. I don't even like Jello shots. :rotfl2:

Coke bottle glasses, Becky? Booyah.

Bok Choy? How 'bout fried banana pepper rings? Made 'em tonight with some lovely cod and it was YUM-O!

Okay, first, enough of the bad talk about Bok Choy,:goodvibes I'm the one with the Bok Choy Lovin' Son:rotfl:

See I'm one of those nerdy accountant types that wears glasses, I forget to brush my hair most of the time. But that's just me. I'm probably a little too far to the sloppy side.

I'll try to eat lots of Dole Whips. I've never had one before but I'm meeting another DISer on the Wed we're there for a Dole Whip float. If I like it, and I'm assuming it's cold pineppley deliciousness, so how could I not.

Getting very excited about Friday. We're considering leaving Thursday night with the full expectation of having to turn around and come home. The thought is warning the kids that if they don't stop fighting we'll turn around. And assuming they fight, we'll turn around, put them to bed and start Friday, we'll see. .If they actually do the right thing, then we'll just stay a couple hours out of town. DS has been in rare form the last few days, so we feel we need to try something.

I need to post a "Houskeeping Message" here.

There will be no more posts in this thread about ANY OF THESE THINGS:

• [*]other threads
    [*]negative things anyone posted in another thread
    [*]infractions
    [*]other posters
    [*]how other posters treated you
    [*]how other posters treated someone else
    [*]what other posters wrote
    [*]what other posters did or didn't do that upset you

If you want to complain about something, do not do it in this thread or on the disABILITIES Board, disABILITIES Community Board or anywhere else on the DIS.
If you want to write about any of these things, do it in a PM to the person you want to communicate with.

Thank you. Please remember that other people don't come here to read fights.
Now, go out and be nice.

Okay, first, enough of the bad talk about Bok Choy,:goodvibes I'm the one with the Bok Choy Lovin' Son:rotfl:

My DD LOVES BOK CHOY:) - it's just fun to say- kinda like ARUGLA
I am the one with aversion to green veggies...
brocolli scares me!unless it is COVERED in cheese sauce
I will promise not to make fun of bok choy any more...
:goodvibes

I put on makeup today- ok powder.. and flat ironed my hair...
DD asked if I felt ok ...

HAVE FUN IN FLOR-E- DA! Temps should be good and there doesn't seem to be rain so far in the forecast!! maybe 10% on Saturday- FOX 35 Orlando has the best weather info IMO:)

fried banana pepper rings sound ok- I like banana peppers
off to bed - tired after making too many cookies I couldn't eat:(

I call C&G'sMama Bok Choy Momma because I cannot remember her name.
how many mothers can say that their kid wants to eat veggies and has a melt down over not eating veggies? I am here but you have Pudge to make the world bright for you.

It is hot and crying inthe heat is wearing me down. At least mom will be getting $250 stimulus check but they do not address the cut backs in SSI in California and the cancellation of the tax postponement program. Mom is ok financially thankfully as long as I keep cooking at home.

I loved this happy thread because I learned so much about my mother. I have her picture on my signature to remind people of the one I love the most in this world and who cannot help it if she is a brat at times. You parents know what I mean about loving someone unconditionally despite their neurovariations and handicaps.

Today was hot and horrid and I barely could sleep but twice she woke me up. She does not comprehend that I sleep in the day so she can have me at meal times and such. Soon I will be a free bird and have not planned for the day she is gone for good, I have only 5 to 15 years left and should treasure them even thought at times she makes me scream.

October 24th is my birthday and I plan on BBQ at big thunder for lunch, Taste Pilot for dinner, and Steakhouse 55 or a character breakfast. My back up plan is breakfast then taste pilots then Ariel's Grotto for dinner. I wish I could celebrate with you all there but we know that that is not possible. i may do Halloween event that night also.

POST 500

Finances are very tight for this month so do not know what to do. Everyone hold on tight as I have a baby step to report. This is the first tears of joy and happiness all day.

Mom wants to go to Aquarium of the Pacific. It would be $39 entry if purchased online, $7 for parking, lorikeet food, gasoline, and our lunch. About $80. So that is the bad news as I would like to take her right now as it is so hot.

GOOD NEWS
My mother does not ask for anything, she hints and whines but I do not remember her ever asking me to take her some place. This is awesome. Amazing. I will have to wait until the 1st probably. I need to get the bus pass. I could do the wheelchair routine to go to the DLR even this weekend though.:hug::hug::hug::hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter