Begun, the panic-buying has ... again.

Well, Walmart was out of Sam's American Choice Cola yesterday, but we bought cream cheese. Not sure the deal with that is with Kraft offering people money not to buy cream cheese. Always been fully stocked with Kraft and Walmart brand cream cheese, blocks, tubs and flavored cream cheese in tubs.

Well, Walmart was out of Sam's American Choice Cola yesterday, but we bought cream cheese. Not sure the deal with that is with Kraft offering people money not to buy cream cheese. Always been fully stocked with Kraft and Walmart brand cream cheese, blocks, tubs and flavored cream cheese in tubs.

I had quite the adventure this weekend trying to get cream cheese. It started to come back and wasn't a problem but after the holidays and our recent snow storm it disappeared again. Four stores had no cream cheese (Wegman's, Harris Teeter, Safeway, and Food Lion). I finally found some at Target who had a good amount. Our Walmart might have had it but I rarely go to Walmart where I live because it's so crowded all the time.

I was at our local Big Y last night and there were a lot of bare shelves. The refrigerated juice section was very sparse. There was no celery at all (I wanted some to make soup). Bagged salads were about all gone.

Ok this is old news but it made me think of these threads and chuckle.

Before Christmas I was shopping and my grocery store‘s cream cheese section was completely wiped out except for PLENTY of one particular flavor of cream cheese - Buffalo Style! I had never even seen that before! :lmao:

I normally visit a few grocery stores but lately I've just been going to Hannaford. It looks like the apocalypse in there, bare shelves everywhere. I just assumed it was like that everywhere until I went to a different store the other night and their shelves were full. I was looking for cream cheese at Hannaford and there was none, and that isn't an exaggeration there was zero of any kind at all. The other store was fully stocked of every brand and variety. It was crazy.

The Meijer I shop at is in a major university town and got hit with all the people returning this last week and weekend. Not sure how long the shortages and outages will last though.

Here is South GA I haven't been able to find the pre-packaged kid drinks, like Kool-aid burst or jammers at Walmart for weeks.

I live in Philadelphia and went to four stores over the weekend. It's easy to hit them all since Aldi and BJs share a parking lot and Shoprite and Acme are less than half a mile from me and on the same street. Aldi was well stocked except for their half gallons of iced coffee. BJs was stocked even on all the typical hoarding stuff of TP and paper towels. Acme and Shoprite were very hit and miss...more miss. No cream cheese. No frozen potatoes of any type regardless of brand(fries, hash browns, tater tots), no chicken. This is the third month that Amazon cancelled my monthly subscribe and save for sugar free redbull although if I really wanted it I could have purchased at BJs.

Big shock was I happened to pop into Rite Aid for something and they had lots of stock of at home Covid tests so I picked up a couple.

My son went with me to Kroger last night. He had been doubtful as to whether there were any real shortages so I showed him the gaps on the shelves. Last night I couldn't find much in the way of sugar-free sports drinks, soup, dry spaghetti pasta or eggs.

When I shopped last week, Walmart was completely out of fresh chicken, so I ended up going to Fred Meyer, which had whole chickens. I did curbside pickup and asked for a smallish one. Got one that was almost 8 pounds--large, even by today's monster chicken standards.

One of my blood pressure meds (Losartan) is out of stock nation wide according to 2 pharmacies I've called. Trying to get an alternate medication, but I'm not optimistic because I've tried others in the past, and Losartan worked best.

For 2 weeks, I've gone to 6 stores and haven't been able to find a can of French's fried onions. I'll blame it on holiday casseroles but I really wanted some for my leftover roast beef sandwich.:furious:

Today was the first day that my store looked bad. Stopped to get nose spray and the entire cold/cough area was mostly gone. Next I needed eggs and there wasn’t one carton. The area with the heavy cream, half and half etc again wiped clean. The next area would have been where the chicken was but not one pack of any kind. Yes I was able to get other stuff but my store never looks like that. This was Giant and I believe they were mentioned today as a store with issues. Shop rite was fine yesterday so I’ll be there tomorrow.

Orlando, FL area here and we are hearing/seeing supply chain issues from Publix, Whole Foods, and Target. Will this lead to panic buying? Potentially. Told my husband to pick up my Coconut Clorox Wipes and Floor Cleaner. I can handle anything but being out of those :rotfl2:

From CNN today:

As the highly contagious variant of the Covid-19 virus continues to sicken workers, it's creating staffing shortages for critical functions like transportation and logistics, which in turn are affecting delivery of products and restocking of store shelves across the country.

Albertsons' CEO Vivek Sankaran acknowledged that products are in tight supply during the company's earnings call with analysts Tuesday.

"I think as a business, we've all learned to manage it. We've all learned to make sure that the stores are still very presentable, give the consumers as much choice as we can get," Sankaran said during the call.

Even so, he added, Omicron has put "a bit of a dent" on efforts to improve supply chain gaps. "We would expect more supply challenges over the next four to six weeks," Sankaran said.

“While there is plenty of food in the supply chain, we anticipate consumers will continue to experience sporadic disruptions in certain product categories as we have seen over the past year and half due to the continued supply and labor challenges," said Greg Ferrara, the group's president and CEO.

In fact, labor shortages continue to pressure all areas of the food industry, said Phil Lempert, an industry analyst and editor of SuperMarketGuru.com.

"From farms to food makers to grocery stores, it's across the board," said Lempert. "During the pandemic, these operations have had to implement social distancing protocols and they're not really built for that and it has impacted production."

I cant find some things…. creamed corn, certain pasta shapes, but there is plenty of food on the shelves. Just not the variety I am used to.

Not sure the deal with that is with Kraft offering people money not to buy cream cheese.
Four stores had no cream cheese (Wegman's, Harris Teeter, Safeway, and Food Lion). I finally found some at Target who had a good amount.
Before Christmas I was shopping and my grocery store‘s cream cheese section was completely wiped out except for PLENTY of one particular flavor of cream cheese - Buffalo Style! I had never even seen that before!
Went shopping for strawberry cream cheese today, 3 stores - Von's, Stater Bros, and Sam's Club. At Stater's there was one tub of their house brand strawberry cream cheese. Otherwise, there was only plain cream cheese (a few tubs), same at Vons, although they did have that Buffalo Style (um, no thanks).

Went shopping for strawberry cream cheese today, 3 stores - Von's, Stater Bros, and Sam's Club. At Stater's there was one tub of their house brand strawberry cream cheese. Otherwise, there was only plain cream cheese (a few tubs), same at Vons, although they did have that Buffalo Style (um, no thanks).
Sounds like you have a road trip to Bakersfield in your future. Kraft has two huge Philadelphia Cream Cheese Processing Plants there. Maybe they have a Factory Outlet store.:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter