• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Beginner - best resort for Epcot access?

Boardwalk and Beach Club are the closest to be able to walk (there's also a boat, but it's faster to just walk). Yacht Club is just a little farther than Beach Club, then Swan/Dolphin are a bit farther than that.

Probably for visits starting in Fall 2019, I think we can start referring to some other (less pricey) hotels as having reasonably good access to Epcot (Riviera, Caribbean Beach, Art of Animation and Pop Century -- via the gondola), although not nearly as good as those Moliphino mentioned.

1. Beach Club (request a room close to the international gateway)
2. Board Walk (if not careful you can end up close to HS)
3. Yacht Club
4. Dolphin/Swan

For mega convenience Beach Club is the winner though, IMO.

1. Beach Club (request a room close to the international gateway)
2. Board Walk (if not careful you can end up close to HS)
3. Yacht Club
4. Dolphin/Swan

For mega convenience Beach Club is the winner though, IMO.

I like Beach Club too, but there are some advantages to BWI.

About your second point-As long as a guest is staying in a regular resort room (not time share/dvc) then the Board Walk Inn rooms are closer to Epcot than to Hollywood Studios.

The Epcot boat stops at BWI and then goes straight to Epcot. On the return, the boat picks up at Epcot, and then the first stop is BWI.
It's really nice to have that quick option back and forth.

Often, for us, the decider is price and availability.

Last edited:
I starting new - best resort for Epcot access?

First, :welcome: to posting on DISboards!

Beach Club followed closely by the Boardwalk.

DW and I are partial to the Boardwalk, having stayed there many times over the years. We love the location and the theming. The Boardwalk is plenty close enough to Epcot for a leisurely stroll to the World Showcase in the evening. Delightful!

Boardwalk, Beach Club, Yacht Club and Swolphin. My personal preference is Beach Club for the quieter atmosphere and slightly shorter walk to Epcot. For best price, you can usually find the Swolphin relatively cheap.

Boardwalk, Beach Club, Yacht Club and Swolphin. My personal preference is Beach Club for the quieter atmosphere and slightly shorter walk to Epcot. For best price, you can usually find the Swolphin relatively cheap.
Quietier atmosphere at the Beach Club? The lobby is always packed with screaming kids and SAB is like a zoo. The Beach Club is clearly the loudest and busiest of any of the Epcot area resorts.

I like Beach Club too, but there are some advantages to BWI.

About your second point-As long as a guest is staying in a regular resort room (not time share/dvc) then the Board Walk Inn rooms are closer to Epcot than to Hollywood Studios.

The Epcot boat stops at BWI and then goes straight to Epcot. On the return, the boat picks up at Epcot, and then the first stop is BWI.
It's really nice to have that quick option back and forth.

Often, for us, the decider is price and availability.

Agreed on all points.

I can't add much about Yacht & Beach Club or Boardwalk, but having stayed several times at Swan/Dolphin I will say we love it. The walk is very nice to/from Epcot and you have the Friendship boats if you don't want to walk. All of the resorts there are deluxe categories, though price wise the Swan/Dolphin are priced more like a moderate. There are advantages and disadvantages, but for us the savings is big enough to keep us coming back and enjoying it. Do be aware that the Swan/Dolphin are not owned by Disney, they are under the Marriott umbrella now. If you are interested check out the thread called, "Walt Disney World SWAN & DOLPHIN RESORTS Information & Questions"

I grew up staying at the beach club, but now am a DVC member at Boardwalk. I love the location of the Boardwalk as you are best situated to walk to both Epcot and DHS. Personally, you couldn’t go wrong with any of the resorts located along crescent lake, but Beach Club it Boardwalk would be the winners for me.

We’ve stayed at both Beach Club and Boardwalk. We liked both of them for different reasons. Beach club felt significantly closer to international gateway, but I’ll condition that with we stayed in a 1 bedroom villa at BW, not a regular room, and had literally the farthest room you can get (absolute end, next to the Attic) and it felt like the hallways stretched on forever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter