Begging and bullying from servers in the MDRs for excellent ratings on the end of cruise survey/comment card

It has long been reported on these boards that they do in fact get it counted against them when you rate the food poorly.

No server on the ships get discipline if you are not happy with the food. No server in dining rooms will be fired if you are not happy with the service. This is just not how real life is onboard.

We totally skipped the dining room on our last cruise (last week) for the reasons mentioned by OP. We ate in Remy 3x and Palo 2x and had a wonderful time. The service there was excellent. We still tipped the MDR team even though we never saw them.
It made my time much more enjoyable. I don’t like the games/puzzles at dinner as well as bringing more food than I ordered (not to mention the constant survey spiels). On a previous cruise, I did speak to the team about this (told them we were low maintenance and games/entertainment were not necessary) and they looked so hurt that I never tried it again. I think I just don’t like the culture of the dining room. I know many love it so that is why we just opted out this time and plan to go there as infrequently as possible when we are in the Magic in November.

This is us as well. When we did our first Disney cruise on the Fantasy in 2019, we were underwhelmed by the food and especially our servers in the MDR. We already had a reservation for Palo brunch and dinner along with Remy for dinner. We were unable to get an additional Palo, but we did go to Remy a second night. We have a 5-night cruise on the Dream in December in concierge. Our 120-day window opened last week and we booked Palo dinner 2x, Palo brunch 1x, and Remy 2x.

Our daughter works for Disney corporate and her friend's job is to read Disney surveys and I guarantee DCL has the same department. They do take the surveys and emails seriously. Also, they read and personally answer email and will call you in response when needed. I will send an additional email if a CM went above and beyond. Twice I needed to send an email to bring their attention to something that should never had happened. (Worker on our balcony at 8AM the day of our departure as I was getting dressed, who stopped to look in and wave, for example.) We got an email and a call for that.
My wife and I are Disney Vacation Members. We visit Disney multiple times a year. We would get a survey when we got home after every visit.
We stopped doing the surveys last year because every time we asked to be called about an issue question on the survey they never did. We did include our contact information in our response.
Since we have stopped doing the surveys we have not gotten any for our stays so far this year.

This is us as well. When we did our first Disney cruise on the Fantasy in 2019, we were underwhelmed by the food and especially our servers in the MDR. We already had a reservation for Palo brunch and dinner along with Remy for dinner. We were unable to get an additional Palo, but we did go to Remy a second night. We have a 5-night cruise on the Dream in December in concierge. Our 120-day window opened last week and we booked Palo dinner 2x, Palo brunch 1x, and Remy 2x.
We had the most amazing time in Remy on the Dream! I hope you enjoy it as much as we did. Guillermo, the sommelier, is wonderful! Candido was our server every night and he was terrific (just moved up from MDR too!) We felt like Remy had become our MDR. We will miss it on the Magic. We will just have to drown our sorrows in Palo!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter