Beggars are getting bold!

There is this woman who dresses nicely panhandling at the exit of a Target parking lot that I use twice a week. I saw her one day get into her new Honda Accord. Nicer car than I have. One day I was getting my daughter Subway in the same lot and as I was walking up to the door, this same woman was now working that parking lot and asking me for money. I told her no, I know she drives a better car than I do. She started yelling at me that I was wrong and I was yelling back that I wasn't giving her any money. When I got into Subway, they were cracking up with me and said they've called the police on her for a year. I've also read somewhere there are places in Beverly Hills for some people really make a good living panhandling. Yesterday there was a man at the exit of the freeway with a dog. I kind of felt more sorry for the dog.

So, you've never, ever been to the French Quarter then????
Oh I see musicians and performers with a hat out for tips. I don’t hang on in the quarter bar hopping (much better places elsewhere). But I do enjoy some restaurants like Galatoire’s, Arnaud’s, Antoine’s.

I can go have dinner without being aggressively and obnoxiously accosted like happened in San Francisco every single time I stepped out of my car - even in residential neighborhoods.

Oh I see musicians and performers with a hat out for tips. I don’t hang on in the quarter bar hopping (much better places elsewhere). But I do enjoy some restaurants like Galatoire’s, Arnaud’s, Antoine’s.

I can go have dinner without being aggressively and obnoxiously accosted like happened in San Francisco every single time I stepped out of my car - even in residential neighborhoods.

Who said anything about bar hopping? Never have done it in my life - don't drink, and wouldn't be caught there - talk about assumptions! Not talking about the nicer restaurants either. I'm talking about the heart of the FQ near the Miss. River, Cafe du Monde, etc. - in the daytime!! There are beggars all along.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter