Beers offered throughout Disney

How about the Big River Grill on the boardwalk? DH loves that they brew their own beer onsite-they have several good selections. I even like some of them & I'm not a beer girl. :drinking1

YES - they brew onsite and have a great flight option

How about the Big River Grill on the boardwalk? DH loves that they brew their own beer onsite-they have several good selections. I even like some of them & I'm not a beer girl. :drinking1

We've eaten there a few times over the years since it's one of the few open later at night and found the food to be quite mediocre but I will say that they do have good beer. It's quite nice to sit out on the patio later at night with just a drink and watch the activity at the Boardwalk.

Reactions: eva
We've eaten there a few times over the years since it's one of the few open later at night and found the food to be quite mediocre but I will say that they do have good beer. It's quite nice to sit out on the patio later at night with just a drink and watch the activity at the Boardwalk.

Agree w/ you on the food front. We like sitting at the bar w/ some apps, the nachos are really good.

Love this thread, my husband and I are huge craft beer aficianados.

Don't get me wrong, as I love good craft beers too, but around home here we are almost to the point of getting bludgeoned to death with the number of craft beers. When I go to WDW, I sometimes just revel in the beers that I can't get around here anymore. Used to be able to get Harp on tap a lot of places but can't anymore because the majority of taps are loaded with local and Chicago craft brews. Have never been able to get Boddington's on tap around here. That is probably why you will find me at either Raglan or R&C doing bumblebee's or half and half's early and often on my trips. Reminds me of simpler times I guess. Also, because we are going during F&G, I suspect we will try several flights just to pick our some new faves.

Don't get me wrong, as I love good craft beers too, but around home here we are almost to the point of getting bludgeoned to death with the number of craft beers. When I go to WDW, I sometimes just revel in the beers that I can't get around here anymore. Used to be able to get Harp on tap a lot of places but can't anymore because the majority of taps are loaded with local and Chicago craft brews. Have never been able to get Boddington's on tap around here. That is probably why you will find me at either Raglan or R&C doing bumblebee's or half and half's early and often on my trips. Reminds me of simpler times I guess. Also, because we are going during F&G, I suspect we will try several flights just to pick our some new faves.

And the best part is that they pour them correctly! Every trip around the World Showcase includes a stop at R&C for a pint of Boddy's!!

I found a lot of the sites listing details regarding specific craft beer availability at WDW to be out of date. Lots of the restaurant offerings are mainstream where I found myself passing or giving into a beer choice of low appeal with only one serving desired. Of course we all have our likes and dislikes depending on our mindset and taste buds. I will say I did find some appealing choices at AK: Mo'ara High Country Ale; Safari Amber Ale; experience multiple servings :) I will also say, sometimes a beer stop didn't fit into the schedule for an array of reasons, so I was not able to see what Ale and Compass Lounge offered as it was list to offer Tank 7, but don't know if this was accurate. Hurricane Hanna's had an ok offering beyond what I was finding in the World Showcase. Walk by the CA Craft pub in DS, but had to keep moving forward to the FP ride and never made it back due to crowds in the park.

La Fin du Monde at the Epcot Canada popcorn stand.
Baseline Taphouse
Rose and Crown pub

One of my favorite beers you could only get at WDW was Tennants Lager at the R&C. However, they removed it years ago but I wish they’d bring it back.

Reactions: eva
Ragland Road, ESPN Zone, Big River Grill, Baseline Tap House, the bar at POR had a good selection last time I was there. There are several different beers around AK and AKL, but not necessarily good beers with several African imports that are just euro lagers. The safari amber is just another InBev lager made for Disney. There are a ton of good beers around Epcot. Make sure to ask your server if you are dining in if they have anything not on the menu. I've been lucky a couple of times doing that. Get on UnTappd and look for local checkins while at Disney to get a good idea of what people are finding.

We've found good options on previous trips at Bluezoo's lounge and the Dolphin's poolside Cabana Bar. We used to seek out CCB's Jai Alai every trip but since their exponential growth (via Fireman Capital's 2016 buyout), it was never quite a fresh as we were able to find previously. (Yeah, we're kinda silly like that. :rolleyes1)

Seems like with most Disney properties, it's usually a single offering from CCB, Sweetwater, or other widely available U.S. breweries, like Founders and Dogfish Head, along with a selection of macros and import lagers/lighter fare. One pleasant find that comes to mind, and if farmhouse styles are your thing, we had the tried-and-true classic, Saison Dupont, with our dinner at Be Our Guest.

All told, if we're stuck without a car, we usually resort to a cocktail if the beer choices are underwhelming... or get a quencher like a Snakebite from Rose & Crown.

We are definitely beer nerds as well!! There used to be a great app called beers and ears but they never updated it, so i took it off my phone. My favorites are Amber Reef at Coral Reef and Safari Amber Ale. However I religiously stalk the menus on all ears and disney's website.
If anyone knows of an app that has it let me know! thank you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter