BeeperMD test results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone attempted to use CVS in Orlando? Looking for personal experiences but not seen any as yet.

Has anyone who booked BeeperMD had issues with them getting into the resort parking? I'll be at Beach Club when I need to get my test. I know they are pretty tight about who comes in and out.

My parents are at their home in Titusville outside Orlando and planning on driving back to Ontario in 2 weeks. They called all the local pharmacies and Walgreens in particular told them they couldn't guarantee they would receive the test results within 24 hours and told them it could take up to 4 weeks before they received the results. So they are paying $200 each at a private local pharmacy that will guarantee emailed test results fast. No appointment required. Show up at 8am and first come first served. Then they hit the road for the drive north. They have some flexibility as not catching a plane but still want to make sure the timing works out for their border crossing and they have the correct test done. No doubt very confusing for the many seniors in Florida who hoped the testing would be dropped for their travel back to Ontario for the holidays. They suspect that the delay in results is because of the volume of Cdn seniors in the area preparing for their migration back for the holidays and wanting the free test. In this case, hopefully they do get what they pay for.

My parents are at their home in Titusville outside Orlando and planning on driving back to Ontario in 2 weeks. They called all the local pharmacies and Walgreens in particular told them they couldn't guarantee they would receive the test results within 24 hours and told them it could take up to 4 weeks before they received the results. So they are paying $200 each at a private local pharmacy that will guarantee emailed test results fast. No appointment required. Show up at 8am and first come first served. Then they hit the road for the drive north. They have some flexibility as not catching a plane but still want to make sure the timing works out for their border crossing and they have the correct test done. No doubt very confusing for the many seniors in Florida who hoped the testing would be dropped for their travel back to Ontario for the holidays. They suspect that the delay in results is because of the volume of Cdn seniors in the area preparing for their migration back for the holidays and wanting the free test. In this case, hopefully they do get what they pay for.

Sounds to me like your parents asked about the PCR test instead of the ID NOW test. The ID NOW test is a rapid test that is not sent to a lab. The ID NOW test is perfectly acceptable to travel to Canada. We used it last week and then drove home to Canada.

There are 3 Walgreen's in Titusville that offer the free ID NOW test.

Has anyone who booked BeeperMD had issues with them getting into the resort parking? I'll be at Beach Club when I need to get my test. I know they are pretty tight about who comes in and out.
We were at Beach Club Villas, and texted her our room number. I assume she had no problem with parking because we didn’t pay extra for it, and she showed up at our room. BeeperMD seems to have the Disney resorts figured out.

Sounds to me like your parents asked about the PCR test instead of the ID NOW test. The ID NOW test is a rapid test that is not sent to a lab. The ID NOW test is perfectly acceptable to travel to Canada. We used it last week and then drove home to Canada.

There are 3 Walgreen's in Titusville that offer the free ID NOW test.
Thanks for this. I sent the info to my parents. The flytrippers video on his website is an excellent overview of the testing required. They may still be nervous and decide to pay for the PCR. But at least they have all the info and are fully informed.

Thanks for this. I sent the info to my parents. The flytrippers video on his website is an excellent overview of the testing required. They may still be nervous and decide to pay for the PCR. But at least they have all the info and are fully informed.

I'd be more nervous about the PCR than the ID NOW. With the ID NOW, you will have your results within an hour or so. You can always make a backup reservation the next day at a different Walgreens if you are nervous. With the PCR, you are waiting a couple of days and if the results don't come, you are really late trying to get another test.

But we all know how our parents are, lol, and you can't change their minds!

I’ve heard they won’t email results for kids? Not sure if that’s an issue for you.

CVS will text results for kids, it’s a link with a printable PDF of the results. So as long as you can receive texts from a US number while in the US, you’d be fine. If not I believe you can call customer service for emailed results but I would look into that first.

Purchased the SwitchHealth kit, antigen and Rt-Lamp. For backup I reserved the Walgreen one hour PCR Test (ID-Now). SwitchHealth went smoothly so did the Walgreen appointment. Had the result in 60 minutes for both of them.

Wanted to reach out and thank @damo for her info and sharing her travel experience as well as other posters who provided very helpful insights. My parents arrived home yesterday after driving from Florida. They chose the ID Now free Walgreen's test and also the same at their local Titusville hospital drive through. Received results from Walgreen's that night and the next day, while driving home, received the results from the hospital. They updated their arrive can app the best they could despite the app staggering on and off during the 'scheduled maintenance' period and had no difficulties at all at the border. The CBA agent did ask to see the paper copy of the negative ID Now test that they had printed before they left the house. But they had also offered to show it to her. For the actual tests, they were handed swabs at Walgreens to complete the test under supervision. At the hospital drive through a nurse/tech did it for them through the car window. Not painful and not uncomfortable. They chose to have 2 tests done staggered in timing so if the results of one didn't come through, they could rely on the second arriving before they reached the border. Not a long wait at the Thousand Islands Bridge crossing and through the check in 5 mins. Their sense is that many Canadians have decided to stay put in Florida for the holidays and the winter rather than returning to Canada for a few weeks and dealing with testing or the fear of being advised not to return to Florida in January. My family is happy they're back. They hope to drive back to Florida in late January but will have to make that decision then based on any developments and their own comfort level.

Used BeeperMD, it all went smoothly (except no text the day before) got a call about 30 minutes before scheduled appointment. Nurse arrived at our room in POP, right on time at 8 am. We (4) were done in 20 minutes. Rapid antigen results came in about 4 pm (that was our back up in case we needed to go for plan B and drive home). RT LAMP PCR results came in negative at 36 hours. We were clear to fly the next day.

Just wanted to report back from our experinece with BeeperMd. Avoid at all costs, we had originally scheduled 7 tests for last thursday afternoon, called them the morning of to confirm the appointment as we never got the text/email the night before. No tester was scheduled, so they had to postpone to the Friday morning. Again, didn't receive a confirmation text or email ,so I called again. No tester scheduled again. Asked for a refund and to cancel all the tests because at that point we would be pushing the timeline of getting our results back. Of course once we cancelled, the tester shows up at the hotel Friday afternoon and we're not there. They even tried showing up Saturday aftenoon as well...

If you're able to go to Walgreens and get it done there, do it. That way you can enjoy the last few days of your trip rather than scrambling with BeeperMd

Adding to the success group with beeper MD. We were originally booked for 9-10 am and recueved a text the night before saying she would be there at 10. She was there be 10:10 and finished before 10:30. Results came the next evening. We did have a back-up appointment at Walgreens, just in case.

We’re here now and had our Beeper MD tests done today. Received several texts between yesterday and today to confirm time and place. Our test window was scheduled for 3:15-5:15 and she was in our room right around 3 p.m. She did say it’s been a really busy time for them. Fingers crossed that we get our results back as expected and we can cancel our backup Walgreens appointment that’s scheduled for Thursday morning before we fly out later that day.

ETA: test results came back after 30 hours. We give our Beeper MD experience 2 thumbs up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter