BeeperMD test results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it easy to get a taxi or Uber to take you to a testing location? Like if I just grab a taxi from the resort? I’m trying to decide if I should book a car rental for the day?

Is it easy to get a taxi or Uber to take you to a testing location? Like if I just grab a taxi from the resort? I’m trying to decide if I should book a car rental for the day?
I wouldnt book a car; taxi's are pretty easy to get now at the resorts. I have the Mears app downloaded on my phone and prebook taxi's using it -- or the CMs at the hotels are good at getting taxi's to come if one isn't already at the resort. When we went last month there was always one outside Boardwalk Villas. Friends of mine tried to do their test w Uber and it would have worked out quite fine however there was a back up of ~35min and the Uber driver was far from pleased; my buddy ended up giving a rather large cash tip to avoid a poor rating so he was better off with a taxi in the end.

So I think I move the beeper test up to 1pm cmas eve and have a walgreens booked for end of day on the 24th for if they don't show. Does that sound reasonable? We have no park booked for Christmas eve
Ya I think that's a good plan. Keep in mind...Walgreens can only have 1 booking at a time; you should be able to all pretty much go at the same time but when you are making the bookings, each one will have their own separate confirmation and booking time. And it seems like the last time slot is typically 4.45pm, so you might need to recruit some help in getting everyone booked for the same Walgreens. Someone had posted a month+ ago about a large group of 8 I believe, and they ended up going to 2 different Walgreens to get all the appointments; but I believe that was also during the 2-3 advance booking rush. Things seem to be a bit more 'relaxed' esp since they are opened up a week in advance again.

I know before someone posted about somewhere (not Walgreens) that offered PCR tests with next day results. It was a paid test. Does anyone remember the name of the place?

We have an evening flight so I was going to try booking BeeperMD for the Thursday morning before our flight (we fly home Saturday night). If I’m booking a backup it would have to be Thursday afternoon. So I would feel better if I have something lined up with a quick turnaround. Even if I have to pay.

My first plan is to try and get the tests to take with us, but since they are hard to get I’m looking for other options.

I know before someone posted about somewhere (not Walgreens) that offered PCR tests with next day results. It was a paid test. Does anyone remember the name of the place?

We have an evening flight so I was going to try booking BeeperMD for the Thursday morning before our flight (we fly home Saturday night). If I’m booking a backup it would have to be Thursday afternoon. So I would feel better if I have something lined up with a quick turnaround. Even if I have to pay.

My first plan is to try and get the tests to take with us, but since they are hard to get I’m looking for other options.
Someone mentioned refreshing the page when trying to purchase Switch Health tests and it does work…I refreshed 5 or 6 times and eventually they became available to add to my cart

Walgreens was quick and easy. We rented a car to go, so I can’t comment on a taxi but Walgreens was great.
Funny, BeeperMD called me TODAY (as I was posting about Walgreens lol) about not having a tester in the area for today either, even though both appointments were booked for YESTERDAY. When I said that she said oh, you’re correct. Man, they are TERRIBLE!!!!

Someone mentioned refreshing the page when trying to purchase Switch Health tests and it does work…I refreshed 5 or 6 times and eventually they became available to add to my cart

gah! I keep trying! Did you get the LAMP ones?

Walgreens was quick and easy. We rented a car to go, so I can’t comment on a taxi but Walgreens was great.
Funny, BeeperMD called me TODAY (as I was posting about Walgreens lol) about not having a tester in the area for today either, even though both appointments were booked for YESTERDAY. When I said that she said oh, you’re correct. Man, they are TERRIBLE!!!!

They really seem to be overwhelmed lately. I would never trust using them at least not without having a back up plan.

Update:

Received results from BeeperMD today via email, approx 31 hours after testing.

so while I felt communication was a bit tardy on their end, received text after 8PM the night before a 8-10AM window reservation, and this communication was to delay my window by 90 mins, the nurse we had was fantastic. Constantly in contact with us, made it to us early, so during our initial contact window, and was super easy to deal with.

id use them again, but have a backup plan. Things happen.

I can use the refresh trick to get to get to the ordering phase but as soon as I select a shipping method I get the sold out notice again.

Are you just going to the switch health site and on the ordering page where you hit refresh on your browser? I’ve tried doing that but always get sold out. I did join the wait list.

So are people having any good interactions with BeeperMD lately? Just trying to figure out how to proceed for our upcoming trip to WDW. I booked them for our return tests, but if they aren't reliable, I want to book back ups.

So are people having any good interactions with BeeperMD lately? Just trying to figure out how to proceed for our upcoming trip to WDW. I booked them for our return tests, but if they aren't reliable, I want to book back ups.

I posted above, but here’s a short summary:
- Did not receive text with appointment time until 8pm night before.
- booking window I chose was pushed back by 90 mins.
- Nurse was great. Constant contact with us and she ended up coming early and thus made it in our original window.
- Results back in 31 hours.

They are clearly getting busy, so I’d book Wal-Greens as a backup if you can, but Beeper ended up working out great for us.

I had read about Beeper md and was all in
I made my appointment well in advance was supposed to be at 7 am at hotel
Got an email saying changed to 2:45
Ok we can deal with that,hung out at parks and made back to hotel at 2
Got another text saying she had been there at 1 and had left.I immediately texted her saying what we had as a time frame,she then said she would be back
Waited till 8pm was a. no show ,called and was told she wasn’t coming
We then had to book another spot the next morning and had to pay 300 usd to get results expedited so we could have the results before our flight
Not impressed but our results did show up but at price
I would buy the air canada test kits to ensure we get the results
My experience maybe different from others

Anyone read the complaints about the Switch Health tests on their Facebook page???? YIKES!!!
Makes me nervous about them now too, even though their tests are out of stock. I'm thinking the Walgreens is the best alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter