• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BeeperMD test results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay all ended up working out so far for me.
had booked the time slot 8-10AM for today. Got a text last night about 8PM that appointment was bumped to 11:30 AM. Okay I confirmed.

got a text at 7am this morning confirming appointment and that she would try to be here earlier if possible, was that ok? I said it was and she texted at 9 saying she could be here in 10 mins if that worked. She arrived in 10, was very nice, and all went smoothly. Tipped her before She left as others have done. She was very greatful. Now just waiting for the results!

I wanted to share my experience from last week. I highly recommend having back ups booked. I had my time slot booked for 7-9 am on Friday. 8:45 rolled around and I hadn’t heard a thing so decided to call. Was on hold for close to an hour only to be told there wasn’t a tester available in my area and that I’d need a new appt. They only had appts available the next day and due to flying out Sunday and a 36 hour window for results, that meant I’d have to pay $159 for expedited results. I paid and got the new appt. As soon as I hung up the original tester msged me saying the appt was rescheduled for that day at 12:20. Many calls to Beeper. Nobody seemed to know what was happening. Eventually the tester showed up at my room close to 2. They mentioned they were triple booked. I had a heck of a time calling Beeper again to get my $150 back. After talking to four people they finally issued a refund. The next day rolls around and close to 8 I started getting nervous that I didn’t have results yet. Didn’t realize their phone line closed at 8 so was out of luck. Barely slept worried about not receiving the results, trying to find other testing centers with expedited results ($$$). The airport was all booked. I called beeper at 8 and sure enough they had my results just had never sent them to me. I checked the times of the results and they had them since 7 the night before.
Alas, I made it back to Canada. But my advice is to have back ups booked and to not rely on Beeper!

I wanted to share my experience from last week. I highly recommend having back ups booked. I had my time slot booked for 7-9 am on Friday. 8:45 rolled around and I hadn’t heard a thing so decided to call. Was on hold for close to an hour only to be told there wasn’t a tester available in my area and that I’d need a new appt. They only had appts available the next day and due to flying out Sunday and a 36 hour window for results, that meant I’d have to pay $159 for expedited results. I paid and got the new appt. As soon as I hung up the original tester msged me saying the appt was rescheduled for that day at 12:20. Many calls to Beeper. Nobody seemed to know what was happening. Eventually the tester showed up at my room close to 2. They mentioned they were triple booked. I had a heck of a time calling Beeper again to get my $150 back. After talking to four people they finally issued a refund. The next day rolls around and close to 8 I started getting nervous that I didn’t have results yet. Didn’t realize their phone line closed at 8 so was out of luck. Barely slept worried about not receiving the results, trying to find other testing centers with expedited results ($$$). The airport was all booked. I called beeper at 8 and sure enough they had my results just had never sent them to me. I checked the times of the results and they had them since 7 the night before.
Alas, I made it back to Canada. But my advice is to have back ups booked and to not rely on Beeper!

Ugh. That sucks.

Ok so what are the least expensive options after BeeperMD? I’m thinking with these recent results I’m just not going to bother with them at all. But this will drive up my costs quite a bit so I want to plan and adjust now.
What else are people using with good results ?

Ok so what are the least expensive options after BeeperMD? I’m thinking with these recent results I’m just not going to bother with them at all. But this will drive up my costs quite a bit so I want to plan and adjust now.

I haven't heard of anyone who has had an issue with Walgreen's free ID Now test. You just have to go to them.

I used both Walgreen's and Curative. They are free as well.

CVS or Walgreens are free... But are drive-thru so you'll a car or a taxi.

I had booked an appointment for 4 on November 12 between 7:10 and 9:10. Got a text message at 7 informing me that it had been rescheduled at 10:20. A nice lady called me at 11 and arrived at the Boardwalk at 11:30. She had brought only 3 PCR test kits and had to go back to her car later to get a fourth one. She was a bit disorganized . We received 3 results out of 4 28 hours later. I had to call at the 36 hour mark and finally received the fourth one at 40 hours. They had dubbed that test low priority by mistake and I had to insist to change it.Our flight was really early the next morning. A time consuming and stressful experience.

I'm a bit concerned now..... We have beeper booked for our group of 7 Christmas eve. Flight home is on the 27th at 11. If beeper doesn't show up I'm trying to sort out what our plan B will be. Wondering if anyone knows if Walgreens is open Christmas Day for testing? We have no car so would need to use Ubers. Or do we scrap the beeper all together and just head to Walgreens cmas eve? I really hope they drop the testing for flying stuff soon

I will definitely be bringing the Air Canada PCR tests with us after these recent reports. More $$ but it’s worth the peace of mind. Thanks to all for reporting back.

I'm a bit concerned now..... We have beeper booked for our group of 7 Christmas eve. Flight home is on the 27th at 11. If beeper doesn't show up I'm trying to sort out what our plan B will be. Wondering if anyone knows if Walgreens is open Christmas Day for testing? We have no car so would need to use Ubers. Or do we scrap the beeper all together and just head to Walgreens cmas eve? I really hope they drop the testing for flying stuff soon
I had posted on one of the other testing threads focused on Walgreens...I've looked at the previous 4 US holidays (July 4th, Labour Day, Columbus Day & Veterans Day) and all but VD, the top 10 Walgreens that would pop up using WDW zip code did no testing on the holidays. VD I think there was about half that had appointments, something like that. I was going to look for Thanksgiving and just remembered that they now offer bookings a week out (vs the old 2-3 days only) so Thanksgiving is up and non of the top 10 Walgreens close to WDW are testing next Thursday. So I would say with 99.9999% certainty they will NOT be testing on Christmas Day. I would check tomorrow and see if the next day comes up for openings (Friday Nov 26th) -- I would bet if they are back to testing on that day (vs just taking it off for Black Friday) that they should have Christmas Eve testing; possibly just reduced hours or something like that.

So I think I move the beeper test up to 1pm cmas eve and have a walgreens booked for end of day on the 24th for if they don't show. Does that sound reasonable? We have no park booked for Christmas eve

So I think I move the beeper test up to 1pm cmas eve and have a walgreens booked for end of day on the 24th for if they don't show. Does that sound reasonable? We have no park booked for Christmas eve

I would try and book for the morning for beeper if you could.

That's our plan too.... Beeper MD scheduled for AM, backup appointment at Walgreens late afternoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter