Been to so many of the restaurants, but

lwilliam

<font color=deeppink>Goofylover<br><font color=tea
never tried Ft. Wilderness (the buffet) - please convince me.
Is the food the same as the HDDR? We visit Disney twice a year, from PA, and have too many favorites, try to find a new place each year....please convince me. (We tried House of Blues last year, loved it, just what we need, another one to add to the list, in addition to the old favorites. By any chance, do they have that wonderful strawberry shortcake on the dessert buffet? Is there mac & cheese for our 11 yr. old DS? sorry, so many questions.;)

As someone who has dined at almost all of the restaurants (just missing V&A-- saving for special celebration), I highly recommend at least the lunch and dinner buffet at Trail's End in FW (haven't made it to the breakfast one yet). We try and make it here every trip!

The food is as good as HDDR (I believe a kitchen might be shared?), and the fried chicken is the same (yum!) as HDDR. I didn't notice the strawberry shortcake for dessert, but they certainly do have a mac n' cheese, as well as many other items, depending on whether you go for lunch or dinner. At lunch we've had the soup, the salad bar, baked beans, mac n'cheese, fried chicken, the best BBQ pulled pork sandwiches I have ever had (and I don't even like pulled pork ;) ), turkey/ham sandwiches, steamed potatoes, and a wonderful hot apple cobbler. Dinner was about the same, minus the turkey/ham sandwiches, but also included pizza and a few other items I can't recall (I get very focused on that fried chicken). Very much worth the trip! I'd suggest taking the boat from MK rather than the confusing bus service, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter