• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Been to PI recently? How is the new admission system going?

stinkerbelle

In a #10 sort of way?<br><font color=green>Sometim
Are the lines to get into the clubs longer?
Do you find more children there?

What's the general feel of it?

Thanks!

We cut through there last week as we went from the West Side to the Market Place. The area in front of the main stage was packed. My wife and I went to PI last June and the crowd was about 10 times bigger. We didn't go to the clubs, so I can't answer that part of your question. We did see quite a few kids being led around by there parents... that was a pretty odd sight.

How has Pleasure Island changed its admission system? I hadn't heard of these changes - thanks! :)

Originally posted by arizonacolbys
How has Pleasure Island changed its admission system? I hadn't heard of these changes - thanks! :)

from allearsnet.com

Pleasure Island
- Beginning May 23 and running until August 14th, Pleasure Island will be testing out operations as an un-gated area. In other words, anyone will be able to walk around Pleasure Island, including the outside of the clubs. To enter any of the clubs, you will need Pleasure Island admission. The PI Ticket will grant you admission to all clubs. Persons under 18 must be accompanied by a person 21 years of age or older and who has an acceptable form of identification in order to enter the clubs. Additional age restrictions may apply.

meaning there are going to be many more kids running around what used to be prodominatly an adult area...I'm just curious to see how it's working out.

We were there last Monday and I didn't notice any more kids then usual. It was kind of a pain with our underage (18) DD because we went to the Comedy Warehouse first. We all were given wrist bands but they didn't give her anything - which I didn't think anything about because she's underage. But when we went to 8 Traxx next they wouldn't let her go in with us because she didn't have a wrist band. They sent her to a different line and asked to see her ID - not her ticket. When she showed it to them the guy said, - you're not 21 - and she said, yes I know! Then he told her she should have gotten a stamp and acted like she was trying to pull one over on them and get a wrist band to drink! Anyway - if you go with anyone underage, make sure they get stamped at the first place you go. This whole process took about 5 minutes before they finally let her in the club!

They used to sell shots and such from servers who walked up and down the walkway. Do they still do that? I can't see how they could still easily do that if you don't get a wristband at the gates that signals you are over 21.

Originally posted by MrsToad
They used to sell shots and such from servers who walked up and down the walkway. Do they still do that? I can't see how they could still easily do that if you don't get a wristband at the gates that signals you are over 21.

Good point...now THOSE people will have to ask for ID...because you could very easily go to PI to hang out and not go into a club...just drink on the street, hang out at the West End Stage.

I dunno if I like this new way...seems to me it will just make admission to clubs that much longer...easily confuse people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter