"Been there, done that....NEVER again?"

the one place we will never go back to is Peco Bill's

... way to crowded and the food was awful - just not flavor at all to anything, including the taco salad meat that tasted like plain ground meat with no seasoning added

Personally we don't have any NEVER agains, I don't think.

The movie at the Land Pavillion - a little too much environmental propaganda in that one.

Get your science out of my science park! :rotfl:

It's a Small World

The one at WDW seems so cheesy and cheap compared to Disneyland's version (and that one's tortuous as well - but at least effort was put into it).

I would have to say just about all of DWK, except Expedition Everest. Otherwise, it's just boring to us. Our favorite park is DHS, but the worst in there (that we had done) is The Great Movie Ride. It sucked. :confused3 I do agree with Stitches Great Escape, yuck! And the last but not least, The Pirates and Pals Fireworks Voyage. While we did enjoy the boat and fireworks, the "refreshments" before hand were a bit much for so late at night, especially for kids. Nothing like sugaring them up at 9pm! :eek: I am not beyond exceptions to the rule, but it was just ridiculous. Our youngest who was 4 at the time, fell asleep as soon as we boarded the boat, missing the whole fireworks show. :sad2: As for food, we have had our share of bad meals throughout Disney, but we will never give ABC Commissary another chance, it was just awful, twice.

Umm... for me number one on my list is Soarin, hated it. Almost caused me to have a panic attack!

Also, Captain EO (or Captain Eurgh as we refer to it as! lol)

Can't really think of it anything else. I'm easily pleased :rotfl:

Wow, some folks here dislike just about everything. :confused:

For me - stitch and maybe Sounds Dangerous.

yeah, I can see how that seems like it!:laughing: BUT Disney World is called 'World' for a reason...it is so HUGE with so much to do, that even though I have a list of "never doing again" things, my list of things we LIKE/LOVE would be much, much longer. That wouldn't even include all the things we haven't even tried yet. As my girls get older we try new things each and every trip. Overall, the majority of things we try, we LOVE...or else why bother going back year after year???:rotfl:

Tower of Terror. Rode it once and brought a t-shirt from the gift shop so I can now say I've been there, done that and got the t-shirt!

My never-agains have got to be Stich's, Splash Mountain, Spaceship Earth-these last two are mostly due to fear of heights. Lol.
There are quite a few indoor attractions that did not exactl float my boat, but any ride that can get me out of the hot sun and my butt into a seat for 15 minutes plus is a keeper.
I'm surprised that some did not like Nemo. I love that show!

CBR- terrible resort. It was like a wanna-be, run-down, dingy Sandals.

Grand Floridian- Doesn't do it for us but that's just because we don't have that kind of taste. I bet it is very impressive to those that have that sort of taste.

Thunder Mountain- As I get older, I realize it is sort of a corny roller coaster. That being said, I think it's perfect for kids under 18.

ToT- It was definietly not a thrill ride for me. The whole theme is great but they didn't drop you like the free falls at six flags parks do. The drops are a story at a time. Barely made my stomach drop.

CBR and ToT are the biggest let downs

All Star Resorts. We had to transfer to ASMu back in 2000 for one night and it was enough for me. It just felt plastic and formica-ed if that makes sense. Also not a huge fan of the Hollywood and Vine buffet. I was on Free Dining but if I'd paid OOP for that I'd have been quite irritated.

However, there is so much I love and I feel so fortunate to have been able to go to my happy place enough times to find out what doesn't float my boat.:love:

I've got my 23rd WDW vacation starting in 10 days and my 24th will be in October. I've eaten at almost every restaurant and stayed in most of the resorts. We've done most of the tours, parasailed, seen La Nouba, etc.

There are only two things I really would not do again. 1. Fantastic. Maybe because I live in CA and I like Disneyland's better but I really hate this show at WDW. 2. Whispering Canyon Cafe. Both meals here have been horrible.

Kouzzina gets an honorable mention but we only tried it once and I can't disown anything after one bad experience.

The Sci-Fi Dine in! My husband and I got food poisoning there on our honeymoon in 2000. I'm sure it was an isolated thing, but there's just no way either of us wants to try again. Maybe one day if our son insists, but so far that hasn't happened.

Caribbean Beach - we stayed in a POTC room and that was great, but it was such. a. hike. from the pool and food! We *never* used the rest of the resort.

We also didn't care for Akershus. My son has a HUGE crush on Ariel and always asks for Princess dining so he can see her (he somehow has gotten kisses from Ariel every time he's seen her!). But we didn't care for the food at Akershus, the dining room was too crowded. Just not for us. I'll take CRT any day!

(And funny thing with it all...those aren't "never agains" so much as "i'd pick something else, but would do any of those again if someone else insisted.)

We have been to Disney World so many times we have lost count but here are the attractions we always cut out of our trip

1. Stitch's Great Escape-Really miss Alien Encounter
2. Backlot Tour- A long wait for a 5 min ride of nothing, no thanks
3. Mission Space-Been on it once and once was enough
4.Lighst Motors Action Stunt Show- Enough said

5. Dont hate me but Animal Kingdom, just couldnt get into the attractions and it is very HOT

For the first time this year we did Le Cellier at EPCOT. We enjoyed the meal. Our service and waitress were both great, but the food was just OK. We had a good time, but I don't think it is on our list to go again.

This thread shows what I love about Disney....there is something for everyone to love and something for everyone to not like so much....lol.

Get your science out of my science park! :rotfl:
I think the poster was referring to "The Circle of Life" film and not the LWTL ride. I agree that the film is way too preachy with the "All humans want do is destroy the planet!" schtick.

Our "skip, unless there's no thing else to do" list:
"Stitch" The same reasons others have posted.
EO (We just saw it and our 18 & 21 YOs giggled through most of it cause they thought it was SO bad.)
Country Bears (The last time we saw it, there wasn't a peep of reaction from the audience... it's do dated that seeing it is just some sort of Disney ritual.)
Anything in "Din-o-rama"... I think Walt had a point in avoiding tacky road-side style parks.
Kali River Rapids (I don't mind getting "Splash wet" on a hot day, but I don't need a fire hose turned on me.) Extra demerits for the rehash of the "All humans want do is destroy the planet!" meme.
Backlot Tour Once they axed Residential Street to make way for the car stunt show, there's not much left to wait in line for.
Swiss Family... I like it for nostalgia sake, but I'm the only one in the family that wants to walk up and down all the stairs.
Universe of Energy It hasn't been updated in close to 15 years and is a major time suck. Been there, done that.
Conservation Station, et al It was fun when our kids were smaller, but now that they're older we can see that stuff at our local zoo for a lot less $$$.
Sci-Fi Drive In The theme just didn't work for us (not a big fan of watching video loops) and the food was way too overpriced.

-Splash Mountain - Just don't like the drops.
-Country Bear Jamboree - Hated it since I was a kid.
-Hall of Presidents - I can't say it's a "never again" because, sometimes we go in there to chill and relax but, I do try to hurry people in our group past it eh... snooze fest.

Really, really, really, REALLY wish I could "never again" IaSM... Just don't like it. :/

JAckie

Test Track. I had no idea that one of the scenes would throw me into a flashback of when I almost got hit by a truck when I ran off the highway in a blizzard. Freaked the crud out of me - plus it was all very bumpy and stuff.

I used to LOVE Thunder Mountain Railroad and Space Mountain when I was a kid. Then I realized that people have died on TMR and when you watch the youtube vid with the lights on SM, it's really quite rickety... I don't think I'd do those again, despite loving the theming for both.

Oh, and going crazy at the souvenir shops at Epcot. When we went for our honeymoon, I'm embarrassed to say how much I spent in all. It was way over the sanity-limit.

I think after this upcoming trip, I'll also never do the Poly again. In fact, I might even change it before we go... It just seems like a LOT of money and I kind of have buyer's remorse about it. We can technically afford it, but I'm not sure if that's how I want to spend my money. I'm still kind of up in the air about it.

Oh, and Disney Quest. We spent a bunch of money to get in and... wait in lines. I played a couple of arcade games which were fun but the rides that looked cool (the interactive ones) had such long lines that DH lost patience with them and we ended up just leaving. What a waste.

There are also a few restaurants that we're not returning to. Nine Dragons (though it's so pretty - but the food is overpriced, even for the Dis), Les Chefs... mostly, that's it.

Oh, and the number one "never will do" again - wear high heels the first night because "we're just walking to the restaurant in Old Port Royale and then coming right back to the room" or whatever. On the map it didn't look far... But I guess in heels it was far. I had horrid blisters on my feet for the rest of the trip, and then even hurt my ankles because I was walking funny to not walk ON my hurting feet. So it was a mess. I could barely limp along for the last leg of the trip.

Out of everything we've done at WDW, places we've stayed, food we've eaten...the only thing we didn't love is the Enchanted Tiki Room.

Sounds Dangerous - it is embarrassing that such a pathetic attraction that nobody goes on is still taking up prime space at DHS, they really need to do something about that.

Backlot Tour - it used to be better when you still went through some studio areas but now it is just a complete waste of time, and it takes 30-40 minutes.

Hollywood and Vine - sorry to the honeymooners who said that H&V was recommended on this board. I was surprised to read that, because that is one of the most bashed restaurants here and for good reason. Overcrowded, bad service and I agree with the description of Golden Corral quality and style of food. BAD. Fine if its a cheap buffet in Vegas, but this is $100 for a family of 4.

That's about all I can think of. Every trip we find something new to try.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter