Bedbugs at Hilton Gatwick!

to be honest you're just as likely to get them anywhere...it only takes one single person to bring them in and bed bugs don't care how much you're paying:) They may well have had them or will have them at the Sofitel when you go..its just unlucky for the Hilton this time..

We always check before we go in any hotel room before we unpack..we always put our cases straight into the bathroom then look under the mattress etc..

They've been found all over Orlando including Disney!

I stayed in that Hilton and had the worst night. Cold food/ dirty bed sheets/ noisy room and to make it worse in the morning the shower head exploded OVER ME whilst I was showering. This was only in Dec.

Doesn't surprise me about the article, the hotel was filthy when I was there. I swore I will never stay there again!!

I stayed in that Hilton and had the worst night. Cold food/ dirty bed sheets/ noisy room and to make it worse in the morning the shower head exploded OVER ME whilst I was showering. This was only in Dec.

Doesn't surprise me about the article, the hotel was filthy when I was there. I swore I will never stay there again!!
Same! It's a disgusting excuse for a Hilton. We will never ever stay there again and spent the whole night longing for the Sofitel. The lobby was filthy and needed a renovation, the room had torn sheets, damaged furniture, a bathroom equivalent to what you'd find in a 2 star motel - overall it was a state and needed some urgent refurbishment and the "club level" (LOL - how can they call it that?) was nothing like a club level I have experienced before. Staff were rude and couldn't care less. We won't be back and I'm not surprised this place has had such bad press recently. It's truly awful.

Well, we are staying at the Hilton Gatwick in 5 weeks and I can't say I'm concerned. As the PP stated, bedbugs can be found in any hotel if somebody else has brought them in. Personally, I think somebody should sue the newspaper for publishing those horrible half-naked pictures of that old man :scared1:

we have always had a perfect stay at the Hilton and had a dreadful stay at the south terminal hotel where we had something rather unsavoury on the headboard and the rooms small and claustophobic!! Our rooms at the Hilton have always been spotless and in fabulous condition. The hilton has been refurbishing its standard rooms so maybe your got one of the ones that hadn't been done:confused3 Down to personal pref again.

We had a lovely stay at the Hilton in December, so its just the luck of the draw. I don't know if we were in a refurbed room, but it was lovely and clean and the furniture didn't show signs of wear and tear so I think we probably were.

Claire :)

I've had fabulous stays at the hilton, and have done their executive lounges numerous times and had helpful friendly staff. I have also had very average stays at the hilton, where I had an old room with dated furniture etc and encountered rude staff. However the same can be said for most the other hotels at Gatwick too.

I wouldn't not stay at a hotel just because of bed bugs. A quick google search showed me reports of bedbugs at the Sofitel, Marriott and others. It's unfortunately something that can happen anywhere but perhaps I'll check my bed a bit better next time :)

I've had fabulous stays at the hilton, and have done their executive lounges numerous times and had helpful friendly staff. I have also had very average stays at the hilton, where I had an old room with dated furniture etc and encountered rude staff. However the same can be said for most the other hotels at Gatwick too.

I wouldn't not stay at a hotel just because of bed bugs. A quick google search showed me reports of bedbugs at the Sofitel, Marriott and others. It's unfortunately something that can happen anywhere but perhaps I'll check my bed a bit better next time :)

:thumbsup2

Yes we always use the executive lounge as well so are always in the new side of the hotel. You are right you can get rude staff anywhere, it like cabin crew, sometimes they go that extra mile sometimes you think 'you really are in the wrong job love':rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter