Bed bugs

Don't forget the lizards! :)

My bad, how could I forget those???:lmao:

Funny thing, if I saw a lizard (let alone a snake or alligator) anywhere near my house, I'd probably have to move. But at WDW, I just take it in stride. I have never seen any critters in my room

Oh yeah, frogs, I see those too. I remember one night my dd and I coming back late to Old Key West and there was this little frog sitting in front of our door. We stood out there for 20 minutes trying to find a way to get that frog to move. We clapped, stomped, I even gently tossed our flip flops one at a time in the general area trying to get it to move and it never did. So we finally decided to just run into the room and pray it wouldn't hop in with us. Thankfully it didn't but when my dh and son came in later, they couldn't figure out why our flip flops were scattered all over near the door.

We don't have frogs in Colorado but I did learn that night they don't spook and run like those lizards do!

You can call Disney ahead of time and have the room checked for bed bugs. I do this to be on the safe side. Have a great trip.

You can call Disney ahead of time and have the room checked for bed bugs. I do this to be on the safe side. Have a great trip.

You actually believe that happens? How do you know you're ultimately assigned the room that was "checked?"

I'm going to disney for the first time in September. Has anyone ever had issues with bed bugs? We are staying at pop and I've read online a Lot of stories of people seeing them

All of the above and .............there are not lots of stories of people seeing them at WDW.........its a few, that have long legs/threads and other stories of other places get added.

This *bed bug* thread shows up about once every month or two and it all gets rehashed again!

In any case have a great WDW trip!

AKK

Not sure where you got that idea!!! Your room isn't really 'your room' until you get to the resort. Yes, rooms get assigned prior to arrival, but many times something happens that makes a change of room assignments happen. So no way of being 100% sure of your room until you get into it!!
Not to mention..you are calling a call center when you call Disney. Not the resort.
I really doubt that anyone is going to go into a room and check on the presence of bedbugs before someone arrives.

Not sure where you got that idea!!! Your room isn't really 'your room' until you get to the resort. Yes, rooms get assigned prior to arrival, but many times something happens that makes a change of room assignments happen. So no way of being 100% sure of your room until you get into it!!
Not to mention..you are calling a call center when you call Disney. Not the resort.
I really doubt that anyone is going to go into a room and check on the presence of bedbugs before someone arrives.

Absolutely agreed. Besides, hotelier hat on here, it wouldn't necessarily accomplish anything. Bed bugs can come in on the arrivin guest's luggage. Just being next to an infested bag on the plane or anywhere in luggage handling can do that. I really can't see a hotel doing that service specifically. Most well run hotels have their housekeeping checklist to do a check as part of their standard room setup anyway.

What you really want and should expect from a hotel is its response to them being found on property and Disney frome every report I've ever seen is among the very best.

The best advice, go on your trip, to a check on arrival of the room, and check your luggage. And enjoy your vacation.

My SIL and her family had bed bugs at SSR this past easter. Disney did a great job of helping. They immediately switched their rooms and had all of their belongings cleaned. They were given money to purchase new clothes too.

You put the dryer sheet in a thin sandwich bag. We put about 2-3 in each suitcase.

We also put all of our clothes in big ziplock bags. In case of rain your clothes won't get soaked.

Why do you put the dryer sheets in a sandwich bag? Packing today and curious. What if you just put them in the suitcase??

I put the dryer sheets in sandwich bags so my clothes don't get that filmy stuff on it. You could just throw a box in the suitcase. I just read that the dryer sheets repel bedbugs. Have a great trip!!!

lovedonald said:
I put the dryer sheets in sandwich bags so my clothes don't get that filmy stuff on it. You could just throw a box in the suitcase. I just read that the dryer sheets repel bedbugs. Have a great trip!!!

Dryer sheets send them to other parts of the room, but do not get rid of them. That is what they mean by repelling them.

If dryer sheets will repel bed bugs, why won't clothing dried with dryer sheets repel bed bugs? Same fragrance. I think this might just be a young wives' tale (versus and old wives' tale).

Thousands of people stay at Disney resorts every day. There are 2,880 rooms at Pop Century alone. Of those 2,880 rooms, every so often someone finds a bed bug. Of course, there's no way to know if the bugs were there before the guests arrived, or if they were maybe catching a ride on the guest's luggage, having jumped from other luggage on the plane ride over.

If there was actually any kind of major infestation, you can bet you'd see more than one posting every month or so.

We stay in hotels at least 50 nights a year and we've not yet experienced bed bugs, and we've stayed in many places that were sketchy at best!

There's plenty of things to worry about when you're traveling, and things you need to be aware of to stay safe. Bed bugs really aren't among those things. Sure, it can happen, but it is more rare than the media makes it out to be, and even if it does happen it's just sort of yukky but not the end of the world, or even much of a game-changer during a vacation.

12 trips in 10 resorts plus cruises on Dream and Fantasy and 1 stay at Grand Californian with no bed bugs. Good Luck!

Thank you. I'm just trying to repel them from getting in my suitcase during airline travel or otherwise. I realize this would not clear an infestation from my room.

So I'll assume it's still effective even when they're in the sandwich bag. Doing it now. I have some OCD issues. I know they are my own issues and I deal with it. Hoping for the triple sheeting at AKL! :)

The Only bugs we encountered where in Animal Kingdom, at its a BUGS LIFE.... ha ha ha... :lmao::cool1::rotfl2::rotfl::cheer2::wave2: "come on dont you find that a little funny" lol

The best thing you can do is you are that worried is check the room thoroughly yourself when you arrive. You can even buy travel mattress covers to put on the beds.

No hotel or resort can 100% guarantee rooms are bed bug free. There could be eggs which have not hatched and which have gone unnoticed and untreated if there have been previous problems.

If you are that worried you'd probably best save your money and stay at home.

treatmentofbedbugs.net

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter