Beauvais to DLP? And Parking?

mrsj2b

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone,

Ive been hoping to book a few days to dlp for my 30th birthday (any excuse really lol) and with the flash sale it seems like nows the best time :cool1:

We're from Glasgow and we normally fly with easyjet to cdg but ive just checked and for the dates we want its costing £400.48 for 2 adults, 2 children without hold luggage then transfers on top so having seeing someone else on here mention ryanair from prestwick i thought id take a look and its £135 for the exact same only flying into Beauvais

Are Ryanair ok to fly with?

We would probably hire a car to get to dlp but is it easy enough to find it/drive to it? Ive never drove in a foreign country so would get hubby to do it :lmao:

Ive checked eurostar also and by the time we pay petrol etc its more expensive than easyjet :worried:

Thats UK to DLP im just looking for Beauvais to DLP,

I also meant to ask is parking free at the Cheyenne?

Thanks

Thats UK to DLP im just looking for Beauvais to DLP,

I also meant to ask is parking free at the Cheyenne?

Thanks

Oops, sorry....thought you were just worried about driving in a foreign country generally. Hopefully someone else will be able to help you, or you could just pick up a sat nav like I did!

Parking at the hotel will be free for guests.

Definitely do it!!! Have done exact same trip 3 times :) we fly out from prestwick then hire car to drive. Car rentals are just across one road at beauvais. It will take you about 90mins to drive. We printed a route first time. Very easy and you eventually pic up Disney signs but basically your heading for cdg airport, you actually drive under bits of runway!! :) use the toll roads so have som smash ready!

Yes free parking at Cheyenne and fab themed hotel :) we drive and use Davy crocketts :) usually and that's what we r doing this year but driving all the way!! Eek! We live in highlands but from Glasgow.

Ryanair are fine just stick to their daft rules!! You get 10k hand luggage (although that's has maybe changed) we were a family of 4 so 40k was a lot for a few days!!! We even made it to Prague for a wedding with hubby's kilt on hand luggage alone!!!

Just shout if you need more help!!! :)

Has your hubby driven in foreign country before? It is fine just need to keep your wits about you!!! We like having a car as can drive to the auchan for supplies!! ;) Im happy to drive in France but they do drive v v fast and when your in a hire car they assume your local!!!!

We got a car with sat nav built in one time, think we upgraded at pick up! Was fab!!

ooooh be very, very careful with your luggage allowance we got caught out BIG time this holiday :sad2: Thankfully 5 of us had small bags that wen5t through as hand luggage which i think is free, anything else you have to book on and pay for. Also make sure you print your boarding cards both ways or else thats another fine :sad2:. They are fine to fly with and sound a fan fare when you land :rotfl2:

Kaye

Don't forget that you have to turn off the radar alerts/warnings on the Sat Nav as there is a 1500€ fine and points of your license if controlled and caught. ;)

Thanks everyone! Thats fantastic!! :thumbsup2

nl's mummy - neither I or hubby have drove abroad before, well he has rode a scooter in Spain years ago but thats not quite the same lol,

Good idea about printing out the route will do that thanks :)

Should we book the hire car before we go or just get one on the day?

We have stayed in the Cheyenne twice before and loved it!! and for the dates this year its only £453 for 3 nights 4 days in September with the 50% offer!! We could book the Newport Bay Club for an extra £100 but the kids prefer the bunkbeds and theming at the Cheyenne,

bonhoga - Thanks for the tip about the boarding cards! I look forward to the fanfair :rotfl2:

Thanks for that Carrie Cat!! Are the speed limits easily spotted? And do they have signs before speed camera's like they do here in Scotland?

Im excited!!! Its going to happen! We'll get to disney for my 30th....well a week after but still :yay: plus our daughter is 5 the day before my 30th and 3 weeks later our son is 9 so it can be a joint celebration!!

Thanks again :cool1:

i would book before as then you can shop around :)

enjoy! just keep your wits about you when driving, its fine just v fast as i said! my husband is in the forces so used to driving abbroad but he needs a good co pilot!!! ;)

You are better hiring one in advance at Beauvais

It will normally be cheaper as you can choose the size of car for example and you will be ensured of having one waiting for you rather than faffing around or be told that you have to get the train to somewhere else to get one

You've got the following at Beauvais airport

http://www.citer.fr/nos-agences/location-voiture/3980-BEAUVAIS AÉROPORT?link=rech

http://www.europcar.fr/location-voiture-BEAUVAIS_AEROPORT.html

http://www.sixt.fr/location-voiture/france/beauvais/beauvais-aeroport

http://www.avis.fr/Locationvoiture/...eauvais-Tille-Aeroport?cid=FRSEFR000000-00078

and Hertz has a counter

http://www.hertz.fr/

You can work out your route plus the cost of the toll using Via Michelin

http://www.viamichelin.com/

Radar are sign post for the main - they are taking down signs and the new radar aren't been shown now

I don't think people drive any faster here than else where :confused3, it might seem that way to you as the speed limits are higher, and I feel safer on the roads than in the UK :goodvibes

Useful page explaing some of the road signs and speed limits

http://postedinparis.wordpress.com/2010/03/27/rules-of-the-road/

and a radar looks like this (they can flash either from infront/from behind or both ways)

la-carte-radars-fixes-deja-retiree-site-securite-routiere-7741.jpeg

i would book before as then you can shop around :)

enjoy! just keep your wits about you when driving, its fine just v fast as i said! my husband is in the forces so used to driving abbroad but he needs a good co pilot!!! ;)

We will do, thanks :)

Meant to ask when you book Ryanair online do they take the money from your account straight away like easy jet do? And also do we take our driving licences etc with us for the hire car? Do we need anything else?

Thanks again nl's mummy :)

Yes take driving license both parts.

Think ryanair do yes.

It's probably not faster Carrie!! Maybe just feels it!! I know first time we did it we took friends and they followed us and they were completely terrified!!!! It's not that bad though!!

Yes take driving license both parts.

Think ryanair do yes.

It's probably not faster Carrie!! Maybe just feels it!! I know first time we did it we took friends and they followed us and they were completely terrified!!!! It's not that bad though!!

Thanks again nl's mummy!! You've been fantastic, its nice to hear from someone who's done it before :thumbsup2

another thing to remember is that the car will also be a left hand drive - so as well as driving on the wrong side of the road you are also driving a car which will feel very unfamiliar as gear stick etc is on the wrong side

Thanks again nl's mummy!! You've been fantastic, its nice to hear from someone who's done it before :thumbsup2

no probs at all! have a fab time! glad to help :) ill try to remember who we booked cars through and give you the links..

we never travel light! and whenever we have done it have had a double or single buggy so needed a bigger sized car then we took my folks so needed a 7 seater but managed in with 6 bags and buggy. if you can manage on smaller sized car will be cheaper.

my hubby says *** youre driving a left hand drive car it makes you think more and pay more attention to every movement :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter