Bean Counters and shortsightedness

I am also in favor of school choice. If a kid is a gifted artist and there is another school in the general area with a great art program........I think that kid's parents should be able to drive them to the school of their choice. Allowing parents to choose the best place to send their kids within reason seems like a very logical solution to how to manage public education to me. If an inner-city school is unsafe and the parents want to drive the kids to a nearby more rural school that is safer, I am 100% in favor of allowing them to do that. If schools were forced to confront their issues or risk losing students, I feel like the students would get a better education.

Sorry back to the topic, I see zero issue with pulling your kid out of school for a few days to attend Disney. I see school groups there all the time on approved educational field trips, so what is the difference?

Sorry back to the topic, I see zero issue with pulling your kid out of school for a few days to attend Disney. I see school groups there all the time on approved educational field trips, so what is the difference?

All you gotta do is take the kids to the Hall of Presidents. BOOM. Educational. 😉

Also, TRON is a great way to learn about computer science. 🤣

If the theater was pulling in more people then they had seats it would be a problem, which is what i personally feel Disney has run into. They have felt crowded since before the pandemic, and before short staffing. Ride closers don't help, but those have been primarily in the new areas anyways
Right…. But adding the new screen (with additional seats obviously) would help, right? Not saying it solves the problem, but adding more rides definitely helps - just doesn’t move the needle too greatly.

I’m excited about Nintendo and the Classic Monster stuff, and I love thrill rides. It’s just Universal errs more on the thrill side which can be more limiting to what guests can fully experience their parks.

Disney doesn’t offer much in terms of high end thrills, but it’s that it has a higher percentage of offerings/attractions the whole family can enjoy across generations that will make it hard to topple.
The Universal Classic Monsters Land looks incredible. The plans - at least what has been released, if done correct, could be a game changer for Universal. I know we're thinking of getting Universal annual passes instead of Disney once the third part opens.

The Universal Classic Monsters Land looks incredible. The plans - at least what has been released, if done correct, could be a game changer for Universal. I know we're thinking of getting Universal annual passes instead of Disney once the third part opens.
The price for an AP will 100% go up once Epic opens but as for right now the higher tiers have great perks. IMO Universal treats their APs better than Disney does.

Everything at Epic looks great to me. Can't wait to experience it.

Honestly it's not like it was back when i was growing up, kids today are connected at almost a molecular level which makes missing school an easier decision for parents. I don't think i'll have a problem pulling my daughter, you work your entire life, school included, there is only precious time reserved to make memories when your kids are young and i refuse to give that away
When we took our kids out, the principle told me that he wished every single kid could go on a family vacation every year, no matter when or where. He said "family" stuff always helps the kids. Some kids just don't have that and I do feel for them. That's why we always took other kids with us when possible.

The Harry Potter stuff is so well done there, it really has no rival land at Disney in my opinion. Galaxies Edge was supposed to compete with this, but just is not as well done in my opinion.

When we took our kids out, the principle told me that he wished every single kid could go on a family vacation every year, no matter when or where. He said "family" stuff always helps the kids. Some kids just don't have that and I do feel for them. That's why we always took other kids with us when possible.
Sounds like a great principle to me that understands what is truly important in a kid's life.

As far as kids in the parks during traditional school times, there are also many school systems that have year round schedules, virtual settings, or other options that either give flexibility or have nontraditional breaks.

Just like there is no longer a 'slow' time at Disney, there is not a more kidless time either.

Epcot and HS also need help and their expansions/rethemes fixed none of the capacity issues.

Epcot expansion/ retheme hasn’t even happened. The only things opened so far is Guardians & Remy. Whatever they’re calling the central festival building is still a mess. Moana is supposedly opening this fall, but I’ll believe it when I see it. The Mary Poppins attraction got dropped. The Spaceship Earth remodel is “delayed”. And when was the last time anyone in management even mentioned the Play Pavilion?? So in reality, there’s 1 new attraction, 1 replaced attraction. The whole thing has been a big money sucking joke.

Epcot expansion/ retheme hasn’t even happened. The only things opened so far is Guardians & Remy. Whatever they’re calling the central festival building is still a mess. Moana is supposedly opening this fall, but I’ll believe it when I see it. The Mary Poppins attraction got dropped. The Spaceship Earth remodel is “delayed”. And when was the last time anyone in management even mentioned the Play Pavilion?? So in reality, there’s 1 new attraction, 1 replaced attraction. The whole thing has been a big money sucking joke.
They got to pay for the money hole that is Hollywood somehow. And company-wide, WDW is the only reliable source of cash that can be bled white to pay for it all.

And let's not forget Harmonious.

100% facts.

They're pretty much building what existed before and it'll solve absolutely nothing in terms of overcrowding.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter