Beaches

MouseLover

DIS Veteran
We are planning to visit a beach near DL next month. Looking at Huntington or Sunset.

Do these, or other nearby beaches, have public showers? I don't want to track sand in the rental car.

Huntington does. I'm not sure about the other as I haven't been there. But the real question is have they been turned back on? They were turned off because of the drought. All our showers in the Bay Area are still off from the drought. I'm hoping they turn them back on this summer, but we will see.

Newport Beach has showers. They were never turned off during the drought. I'm sure Huntington has showers, but Sunset Beach may not...not sure if it has public facilities.

Regardless, you WILL get sand in the rental car, even with showers, because the showers are on the beach and you end up getting sandy feet on the walk back. You will likely have to rinse off your feet and shoes literally right before you get back in the car. Use a bottle of water.

Newport, Sunset and Huntington have showers. The drought state of emergency ended in April, so all the showers should be back on now. Most of the public beaches here have public restrooms and showers, so that shouldn't be a problem, but as PP said, sand always ends up in the car! Our favorite beaches (if you have little kids) are Corona del Mar and Crystal Cove.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter