• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Beaches & Cream!

Wazzo

DIS Veteran
Beaches & Cream - Monday September 4th

What can I say, we LOVE this place, so we went here first! :cloud9:

My Mom and I split a cheeseburger and fries, and a side of onion rings. I had NO idea the side of onion rings would be SO huge.

DSC00877.jpg

DSC00879.jpg

The cheeseburger was great. We both loved it. The fries didn't look that good, but we quickly discovered they tasted better than they looked! The onion rings were fantastic!

Then it was on to the NO WAY JOSE! We didn't finish it, but it was certainly worth the try.

DSC00880.jpg

This is the best sundae I've ever had!!

Rating: :beach: :beach: :beach: :beach: :beach: (Five out of five beaches!)

Glad you had a great time!!

We used to Love Beaches & Cream, but after 2 extremely lousy visits, will not be returning any time soon. We found the service and food quality just not up to our previous great meals there.

Hopefully just caught them on bad days..their ICE CREAM is the BEST!!

I've been to Beaches & Cream about 6 or 7 times and LOVE it every time. There is nothing better than a lime rickey, a veggie burger with cheese, onion rings, and a No Way Jose.MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Your pic is making me hungry!

We love the food at B&C, but the service leaves something to be desired. We just try to smile and ignore the unfriendly rushed servers.

But we keep going back .. love that ice cream!

My family went to Beaches & Cream when it began to rain and it was wonderful!! My sister and I shared a No Way Jose (which was completely delicious!!!). My other two sisters and their children (there are 5 all together) shared the Kitchen Sink. They brought it out and made a huge deal about it - which was very entertaining to watch. They all enjoyed it very much - but it really does have everything you would ever want in it (just a little too much for me).

Never eaten at Beaches and Cream but we are staying at the Yacht Club this time so i might give it a go!

Thanks for the review!

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for sharing.

We have eaten at Beaches & Cream numerous times and have always loved it. On our trip in June my friend and her teenage daughter and my teeenage dd and myself went to a late lunch/early dinner while all the "guys" went to the ESPN Club. When we arrived it was pretty full. They handed us a light up pager and told us it would be 30 - 45 minutes so we walked around a bit. Only 15 minutes had passed and my dd needed to use the restroom so off she went to the one just down from the restaurant. She had been gone only a couple of minutes when our pager went off. We went in and were seated at a small table. I explained to our server that my dd would be right there - that she was in the restroom. She walked off without saying anything. DD walked in. The server comes over to take our orders and says in a sarcastic manner to dd, "well since you held us up you order first." If she had grinned or something we would have laughed it off but she was serious. We had only been seated 2 minutes tops before dd sat down. :confused3 She was just abrupt with us the whole time. Something that many of you may think was dumb of us is that when the server asked friend's dd if she wanted a coke refill she said yes and then asked, "are refills free?" I know from my trips to WDW that refills aren't free but where we live (in the South but not FL) it is commonplace to get free refills on all ice tea/coffee/soda products. So it was understandable friend's dd asked that. The server rolled her eyes and said, "NO. OF COURSE NOT!" I typed this in all caps because she indeed was raising her voice. It embarassed df's dd and I decided to bite my tongue. Explaining anything to this woman would have been fruitless. Will I return to B&C? Yes. But I sure hope Cruella isn't working that day. In jest things can be funny but not when one never cracks a smile or says anything nice. I almost think she must have just transferred from 50's Prime Time but forgot there are no antics at B&C :teeth:

Rafikan, I am so sorry that you had a bad experience at Beaches and Cream, the comment about the refill surprised me, we have always gotten free refills at WDW.

christinou said:
Rafikan, I am so sorry that you had a bad experience at Beaches and Cream, the comment about the refill surprised me, we have always gotten free refills at WDW.

Really? Hmmph. She really had us feeling stupid. Oh well, no one server will run me off from B&C. I do love the food.

I'm pretty sure we had free refrills too!!

What a mean lady!

I hope your next visit is the best ever!

I don't know about disney but don't pretty much all places offer free refills on tea,soda,coffee??

We had the same server!!!! I kept waiting for someone to tell me we were on Candid Camera. Honestly, I left there with my mouth hanging open. At one point when she 'served' my DGS his kids meal dessert, she slid the dish of cookies across the table and says gruffly, "He gets cookies." She also slammed down his rootbeer float and it overflowed into the bowl and splashed onto the table. She said a flippant, "sorry" without stopping and kept walking away without turning back. I cleaned it up myself. I don't think she made eye contact with us the entire time. She whizzed by our table and left the bill without ever asking us if we wanted dessert. I think Cruella needs to stay behind the scenes making sundaes or something because she ruined the magic for us at Beaches N Cream. I did contact Disney about her. Maybe you should too. They were very apologetic and said they do want to know when their guests are not treated properly. There's no excuse for anyone to treat people like that and especially not in Disney. Our food was terrible too, so from now on, no more lunches there. It will be ice cream only at the take-out counter. Sorry you also had Cruella. I think she has been there for over five years. Don't know how she keeps her job. :sad2:

Rafikifan said:
I explained to our server that my dd would be right there - that she was in the restroom. She walked off without saying anything. DD walked in. The server comes over to take our orders and says in a sarcastic manner to dd, "well since you held us up you order first." If she had grinned or something we would have laughed it off but she was serious. We had only been seated 2 minutes tops before dd sat down. :confused3 She was just abrupt with us the whole time. Something that many of you may think was dumb of us is that when the server asked friend's dd if she wanted a coke refill she said yes and then asked, "are refills free?" The server rolled her eyes and said, "NO. OF COURSE NOT!" I typed this in all caps because she indeed was raising her voice. It embarassed df's dd and I decided to bite my tongue. Explaining anything to this woman would have been fruitless. Will I return to B&C? Yes. But I sure hope Cruella isn't working that day. In jest things can be funny but not when one never cracks a smile or says anything nice. I almost think she must have just transferred from 50's Prime Time but forgot there are no antics at B&C :teeth:

Wooo never met an onion ring I didnt like so thank you for the picture :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter