Beaches & Cream after Fantasmic

skwez

Earning My Ears
I'd like to grab dessert for a party of 5 at Beaches & Cream after catching Fantasmic. Just trying to get a feel for the time it'll take to get over to BC after the show so that I can book an ADR. Anyone have experience making this trip either walking or via the Friendship boats?

Thanks Chris - but I'll be making my way over from HS after Fantasmic, not EP after Illuminations.

I hear ya on Ample Hills vs Beaches & Cream. Since it'll be the first trip for my girlfriend and her son, I'm planning more for ambiance and experience vs food quality. Think the kid will get a kick out of us ordering the Kitchen Sink!

Oh snap. My bad! I snicker inside when ppl don't read stuff like this. My face is definitely red here.
What stinks about the end of F! is the mass exodus walking out of the theater, and down the "streets" to the exit. If it's crowded, you might have to wait for a boat, even two.
If walking, I'd give myself at least 45 min just to account for any unexpected delays.
If the line for the boat looks deep, I'd walk. If you happen to be in a good position to take the boat, expect the boat trip from dhs to bc to take right around 20 minutes.

Oh snap. My bad! I snicker inside when ppl don't read stuff like this. My face is definitely red here.
What stinks about the end of F! is the mass exodus walking out of the theater, and down the "streets" to the exit. If it's crowded, you might have to wait for a boat, even two.
If walking, I'd give myself at least 45 min just to account for any unexpected delays.
If the line for the boat looks deep, I'd walk. If you happen to be in a good position to take the boat, expect the boat trip from dhs to bc to take right around 20 minutes.

No worries man - I appreciate your feedback.
I was thinking along the same lines as you. Fantasmic is scheduled for 8, and my ADR is currently at 9:10. 40 minutes seems doable, plus I believe they generally allow 15 minutes before or after for ADRs.

I have done this trip by boat and walking path. If you skip out on Fantasmic! a few minutes early, you may be fine by boat. If the line is really backed up, it may take a second boat in which case you will probably be late.

If your group is ok with walking, I would 100% say its the way to go. Should not take longer than 20/25 minutes to Beaches and Cream.

The boat ride itself is probably about 15 minutes or so. If you're going right after Fantasmic, you might have a line at the boat dock so you'd have to factor in waiting for boats as well. I'd give yourself about 45 minutes and then you won't feel the need to rush out after Fantasmic, or you'd have time to walk if the line was long for the boat.

I would allow yourself 45 minutes to an hour by boat. That line can really back up after Fantasmic and you may not be able to get on the first boat that comes around. Walking will take a good 20 - 30 minutes. You can also uber/lyft from DHS to BC. It will probably cost less than $5.

I didn't see this from the previous posts, but when is your trip? The Friendship boats aren't servicing Hollywood Studios for a little bit as the last bridge between Hollywood and Swan/Dolphin is being refurbished starting May 7.

That said, if you can walk it, you can probably get from Fantasmic to Beaches in 30-45 minutes, depending on crowds.

On our last trip, we had both Ample Hills and Beaches just for ice cream at both places. If I were you, I'd give Ample Hills a second look. It's right on the boardwalk which has better ambiance (in my opinion), than Beaches at nighttime (you just look at an empty Stormalong Bay).

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories...-disneys-hollywood-studios-starting-on-may-7/

I'd like to grab dessert for a party of 5 at Beaches & Cream after catching Fantasmic. Just trying to get a feel for the time it'll take to get over to BC after the show so that I can book an ADR. Anyone have experience making this trip either walking or via the Friendship boats?
10- to 15-minutes to exit Fantasmic! & Hollywood Studios (longer if you have a stroller).

The Friendship boats travel at the same rate as walking, so another 10- to 15-minutes to get to the Boardwalk.

Before you get to the Boardwalk from Hollywood Studios, you can have ice cream at The Fountain inside the Dolphin....or keep walking.....

Along the Boardwalk is Ample Hill for ice cream....or keep walking to Yachtsman (which is about 10 minutes from once you've entered the Boardwalk).

All total - I'd give myself 35- to 45-minutes of walking from end of Fantasmic! to get to Beaches & Cream.

I didn't see this from the previous posts, but when is your trip? The Friendship boats aren't servicing Hollywood Studios for a little bit as the last bridge between Hollywood and Swan/Dolphin is being refurbished starting May 7.

My trip isn't until late October, so I'd think they'd be back up and running by then.

Appreciate all the feedback on this from everyone. Sounds like I should be ok with my current reservation. 4 adults and an 8 year old, so I think we can walk over and hustle a little bit if necessary.

BC after Fantasmic? Hmmm. I will steal that idea and thank you.:love2:

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks it's a good idea.

it is not too bad of a wait...only 1 cycle of tables.......30 minutes....most people have tired kids and dont want to wait.....they try and overwhelm to counter service for a cone or milk shake

You should be OK. The show is about 25 minutes. Assume 10 minutes to get out. That still leaves you 35 minutes till your ADR. Unless the kids are very slow walkers, you should have plenty of time. We find that it is a 15 minute wlk from HS to Boardwalk and maybe another 5-10 to Beach Club, Unless there is a boat waiting for you with no line, I would skip the boat and walk. The boat also stops at the Swan before going to Beach club, so that adds a little more time.
Sounds like a great way to end the night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter