• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Beaches at FW

the4moores

Mouseketeer
I haven't read much information about the beaches at FW. Do many people go to the beach and swim? Or are the pools nicer to swim in? My kids love playing in the sand and going to the beach so I would like to spend some time there. Is the water freshwater or saltwater?

The water is FRESH water. The beaches have lounges, and are rarely used even during peak season. People tend to use the pools and River Country, a very short walk from the beach. The beaches are well groomed every morning.

But, unfortunately, there is no swimming allowed at any of the resort beaches. It's fun to lay around on the beach and make sand castles, etc., but don't go in the water. :D

The water at the beach is 'not too healthy'; bacterial counts, I think. Not to mention the occasional gator visit. I would suggest trying a water park like TL.

The beach is nice for sitting on, laying on, or taking a short stroll but 'no touchie' on the swimming or wading.

Jax

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter