Beaches and Cream

KMcCP

DIS Veteran
Can you make an ADR and just order ice cream? Or do they frown on that?

They also have an ice cream window where you can order ice cream to go - no reservation needed.

Look at the menu and see what you would order for ice cream. If what you want is available at the snack window, thats easy, don't need an ADR. If it is only available inside, then definitely get an ADR. During off times, walk up can work, but no guarantees.

If you want one of their specialty sundaes, you should make a reservation. You could also try your luck as a walk-up at the counter seating. The to go window has a limited menu and they may or may not be willing to make a specialty sundae to go. Depends on the CM, but its not on their menu.

I made an ADR for Beaches and ordered only ice cream with no problem. My son had a cone and my daughter and I ordered the specialty sundaes.

We did it last trip for just a kitchen sink. We've got an ADR this time for the same thing. The kids would like to do lunch but there is no way we could eat lunch and a kitchen sink in the same sitting. :)

Can you make an ADR and just order ice cream? Or do they frown on that?

We do it every trip. Occasionally a troll from the Disney dark web will get triggered and accuse someone of committing a crime against those without an ADR, but it's just silliness. I'd say at least a quarter to a third of people who go there just order dessert, so go for it and enjoy!

ADR for anything not on the limited window menu. Walk up counter can take awhile to near impossible depending on the day, weather etc.

Fyi we found their meal to be great outside of just ice cream :)

Yes. I've done that, but it's really hard getting a reservation at this place. Much easier to order at the window and sit outside on the patio.

Yes. I've done that, but it's really hard getting a reservation at this place. Much easier to order at the window and sit outside on the patio.

This is why I recommended the counter. I have had a nonstop touringplans res finder for Beaches and Cream without a single hit. It has been more elusive that BOG, which makes sense given the restaurant size. I think the lack of a real counter service option at YC/BC/BWI, makes it VERY popular for people who want a somewhat inexpensive dinner by disney standards.

They do actually have a smaller version of the kitchen sink at the to go counter, just FYI.

True, but I will caution for anyone who's interested in the "real" kitchen sink, that they are not that comparable. Yes it's a big bowl of various ice creams and toppings, but it is considerably smaller, served in a Mickey bowl, and doesn't come with any of the fanfare that goes on in the restaurant when one is ordered. If someone wants to experience the true kitchen sink, I'd make an ADR. I wouldn't say the smaller one is worth the trip otherwise.

Walk up counter can take awhile to near impossible depending on the day, weather etc.

The counter seating is probably best for parties of 2, because it can be difficult to get multiple seats together. However, I will say the last time we ate there was on a weekday in October shortly after opening - around 11:45am. We were at a table, but all the counter seating was open the whole time we were there. I'm guessing opening or shortly after is the best time to try it. YMMV.

This is why I recommended the counter. I have had a nonstop touringplans res finder for Beaches and Cream without a single hit. It has been more elusive that BOG, which makes sense given the restaurant size. I think the lack of a real counter service option at YC/BC/BWI, makes it VERY popular for people who want a somewhat inexpensive dinner by disney standards.

The counter seating is held for walk-ups. Usually it's about a 1.5 to 2 hour wait once they're past the initial opening, but if you're hanging at SAB or nearby anyway, just jump on the list at the podium an hour or so before you're ready and just wait for the text.

Or venture over to the Fountain at the dolphin for a far superior experience! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter