Beaches and Cream Mini-Review

Princesca

<3 Pink sugar heart attack! <3
Just thought I'd post a quick review of our Beaches and Cream experience. We had never been before, and didn't really know what to expect from it other than your typical ice cream parlor food. We decided to close out our parks trip with dinner there, and it was four adults and three kids 5 and under. The food was decent (average for Disney TS I'd say) but it was SO LOUD in there. We waited awhile to be seated, even with a reservation, and the service was pretty spotty. The hostess was pretty brusque as well. The ice cream was fun but unless you're going to get the Kitchen Sink, it's not really unique enough to make it worth having to shout to be heard across the table. I know it's a big favorite for some people, and I'd always read good things, but wow... like seriously, so loud. It was quieter at Sunshine Seasons during peak time on our EPCOT day. It was crowded and we were crammed in at a table that was really too small for our group. All in all, it was a pretty stressful experience and after a long week of the parks, the adults were not happy about it.

So I would recommend trying to go in between peak times. That might help a little. But if you are already feeling stressed or 'over it' I would definitely skip this one. On the whole, it really just added to our stress level and we didn't really enjoy it.

Other people don't mind it, I guess... YMMV!

I appreciate this review. We enjoyed Beaches and Cream last year and I made a reservation for our upcoming trip but it was loud. The food was mediocre. it was crowded. We plan to try The Fountain and may just cancel our Beaches and Cream reservation. Thanks for sharing your experience!

Jumping in to report that we just waited an HOUR to be seated…I don’t think I’ve waited this long for any restaurant at Disney, maybe Ohana.

Old review, but on the flip side seated early, outstanding services, food delicious. So there's that lol

Yeah, I've never waited more than a few minutes to be seated there with a reservation. An hour! Sounds like bad luck and some sort of unexpected circumstance

We never go there any more, prefer The Fountain over at the Dolphin. Prices are lower, much more food and no ADRs needed.
Got to agree with this one. The Fountain has been the better choice over B&C for quite some time now. More choices. Better burgers. Seldom a wait.

I think I’m just still in shock at the wait times we’ve had this August compared to 2018, 2019, and 2021
I wonder if the extreme temperatures have been playing into how long guests are lingering at their tables? If every table waits an extra ten minutes before leaving, it can really play havoc with seating times, especially later in the day. Party size can also play into it, since a large party may need to wait for two tables to clear instead of just one.

That being said, I only waited a few minutes for my table in May.

I appreciate this review. We enjoyed Beaches and Cream last year and I made a reservation for our upcoming trip but it was loud. The food was mediocre. it was crowded. We plan to try The Fountain and may just cancel our Beaches and Cream reservation. Thanks for sharing your experience!
I've never been to the Fountain. Does anyone know if people can feel comfortable just getting ice cream sundaes there, without any meal?

Just thought I'd post a quick review of our Beaches and Cream experience. We had never been before, and didn't really know what to expect from it other than your typical ice cream parlor food. We decided to close out our parks trip with dinner there, and it was four adults and three kids 5 and under. The food was decent (average for Disney TS I'd say) but it was SO LOUD in there. We waited awhile to be seated, even with a reservation, and the service was pretty spotty. The hostess was pretty brusque as well. The ice cream was fun but unless you're going to get the Kitchen Sink, it's not really unique enough to make it worth having to shout to be heard across the table. I know it's a big favorite for some people, and I'd always read good things, but wow... like seriously, so loud. It was quieter at Sunshine Seasons during peak time on our EPCOT day. It was crowded and we were crammed in at a table that was really too small for our group. All in all, it was a pretty stressful experience and after a long week of the parks, the adults were not happy about it.

So I would recommend trying to go in between peak times. That might help a little. But if you are already feeling stressed or 'over it' I would definitely skip this one. On the whole, it really just added to our stress level and we didn't really enjoy it.

Other people don't mind it, I guess... YMMV!

was it loud due to screaming kids, loud music or just overall table talk from people? I have only been there 2x and it does echo in there. People tend to talk louder when the music is loud so that adds to it. When a quick service plays music, people have their food on a tray when they sit so they don't talk loud when they are eating but often do when they are waiting. Also, some go in just for ice-cream sundaes and not a meal so they are very loud. It is well lit, not dim so people talk louder, nor does it have carpeting, which all adds to the noise level. It is also summer vacation for people. If you go on a Tuesday in late April at 1pm, it may be less noisy.

James has been an excellent server to us at B&C many times. I like the Chicken sandwich. We have friends who really like to eat there, so I will always get an ADR there when we will be seeing them.

However, they made me the worst Chocolate Ice Cream soda I have ever had.

I agree with the OP. My family dined at Beaches & Cream for the first time 2 weeks ago. The service was very good and staff were doing a great job keeping things moving, but the dining area was very noisy: the frequent announcements during deliveries of The Kitchen Sink to various tables were loud enough to interrupt conversation at our table, but completely incomprehensible, and just added to the din.

Our food was just okay, and neither the portion sizes nor the quality of the ingredients were up to the standard of the small-town diners at home. I ordered the French Dip. The beef on my sandwich was room temperature, dry, and so tough that I ended up having to cut the sandwich up into little pieces because I couldn't bite through the meat.

While we enjoyed the chance to finally try Beaches & Cream and were grateful for the air-conditioning on the 99-degree-day we visited, the food was just "meh." I don't think we'd come back unless it was to order the Kitchen Sink ourselves, as a meal for the four of us. ;)

I loved Beaches & Cream 10-20 years ago. Adored it. It was my favorite place to eat at WDW, by far.
(They were also one of the first places to have lots of non-dairy sundaes, 2008-ish).

Then they remodeled and expanded. (To be fair it only had 10-15 tables and bar seats before the remodel).

Now it echoes terribly... you really can't hold a conversation.

Plus last year my burger wasn't even edible. Waitress was lovely and saw I only took two bites and had them make another. Second one was as just as dry and hard (?). Turned out they had malfunction in the freezer and everything started to thaw then refreeze. Not sure why they thought it was a good idea to keep serving it... My other visit in 2021 was also just okay.

I'm disappointed that its just not the same anymore, but that's the way these things sometimes go... I've been meaning to try The Fountain, perhaps on our next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter