• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Beaches and cream is nearest...

Epcot. It's about a 6 minute walk. To MGM, about 15-20.

Six minutes from the International Gateway. If you are getting off Mission Space or standing in front of Mexico, its more like fifteen.

If we are at MGM and want to go over to eat at Beachesn-nCream, what is the best way to get there?

I would suggest hopping on the boat that runs from MGM to the Boardwalk area resorts (Swan, Dolphin, Boardwalk/BWV, Beach & Yacht Club/BCV), getting off at the Beach and Yacht Club dock and walking over to Beaches and Cream......however, depending on the time of day you need to expect upwards of an hour wait to be seated since they don't take PS.
Have fun:D

Originally posted by childsplay
I would suggest hopping on the boat that runs from MGM to the Boardwalk area resorts (Swan, Dolphin, Boardwalk/BWV, Beach & Yacht Club/BCV), getting off at the Beach and Yacht Club dock and walking over to Beaches and Cream......however, depending on the time of day you need to expect upwards of an hour wait to be seated since they don't take PS.
Have fun:D

Actually, it will be a little quicker to get off at Swan/Dolphin and walk from there. The walk will be about 5 minutes, whereas the boat will take another 10 minutes since it goes to the Boardwalk stop before YC/BC.

You could also walk from MGM. It's about 20 minute walk, but is quicker than the boat, what with waiting for the boat and the stops the boat makes.

Unless the route has changed since the beginning of this month, it goes MGM>S/D>Y&BC>BW>EPCOT. So it would be faster to take the boat all the way to Y&BC.

Originally posted by BCV23
Unless the route has changed since the beginning of this month, it goes MGM>S/D>Y&BC>BW>EPCOT. So it would be faster to take the boat all the way to Y&BC.

When we went in February, it went to BW before YC/BC, but it might have changed.

However, even if it goes to YC/BC first, you can still walk it faster than the boat goes, since there is so much time spent loading the boat, pushing away from the dock and redocking at the next stop. To each his own!

I wonder why the route was different in February? We've taken the boat to MGM from BCV last March, July and November as well as this March/April and the route never changed. DS2 loves that boat so we usually do it a couple times each trip. I agree that it is very slow though.....I prefer to drive to MGM from BCV. But once you're on the boat, I still think it's faster to wait for Y&BC than get off at S/D. The wait is the longest part it seems to me. Of course maybe we're very slow walkers.

Maybe we'll have a race one of these trips...in the case of DIS research of course.:teeth:

Route last Friday- MGM-S/D-Y/BC-BW-Epcot.

Took about 20 mins to get from MGM to YC. Takes about the same amount of time to walk from MGM to Boardwalk-it's a lovely walk if you have the energy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter