Beach weddings

lt90

Mouseketeer
Well I have been looking into an Escape Wedding at SBP in October 2012 but my fiancée has now decided that he really wants to get married on a beach but still in disney!!So I have a few questions - 1. Is this possible on an escape wedding or would we have to upgrade to wishes? 2. Where are the venues that could accommodate and does anyone have any pics (with or without wedding setup)?
Thanks in advance x

There's a beach area by the wedding pavilion that you can use but I believe that it's a Wishes location. It has the same price as the WP because thw WP would be your back up location in case of rain.

There is also the beach at the yacht and beach club..but that is also a wishes location. I thought I read on here that they are no longer using the grand Floridian beach as a ceremony location.

Is the Sunset Pointe Escape Wedding location not beachy enough for him?

DSC09888.jpg

DSC09880.jpg

Here's the Memories Collection beach site:

DSC00573.jpg

DSC09896.jpg

And here's Shipwreck Beach (Wishes Collection) at the Yacht & Beach Club:

IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

Disney has stopped holding ceremonies on the beach adjacent to the Wedding Pavilion.

I had the same dilema, we went from an escape, to an actual beach wedding on coco or clearwater beach, but have finally sealed the deal with a memories collection wedding at luau cove at the poly, but that will only work if you are elloping (only 6 guests including bride and groom)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter