"beach" music...what's your favorite?

DWjunkie

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone,

What song makes you think of the beach? ie...Pina Colada, Margaritaville

What's your favorite?

Any song by the beach boys........

Aruba, jamaca, ohhh i want to take you to Bermuda, bahamas come on pretty mamma

Off the Florida Keys theres a place called kokamo that where you want to go to get away from it all way down to kokamo!

That is my best favorite!!!!!!!!!

Kokomo (good job dizzi!)
No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem (Kenny Chesney....and most of KC's songs are tropical too)
THere are some pop guys that sound jamaican, like Sean Paul I think.

No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem (Kenny Chesney....and most of KC's songs are tropical too)

Ahhh.. you took my first choice! LOL I love his stuff..:thumbsup2
Also, Jimmy Buffet -- classic!!! And, "If you like Pina Coladas".. not a very "tropical" jist to the song, but just the fact that it mentions Pina Coladas, is ok enough for me! :lmao: :thumbsup2

I like "Under the Boardwalk" as a beach song. My family always went to Wildwood, New Jersey, when I was a kid and I just loved the boardwalk, and how the sand under it was SO much cooler than the hot sand out in the sun. It's one of my favorite memories. :)

My favorite is "Caribbean Blue" by Enya.
I also love "Margaritaville" puts me in total cruise mode, and I don't even drink margaritas. :)

Changes in Lattitude, Changes in Attitude by Jimmy Buffett! Well, actually anything by Buffett :thumbsup2

Last Mango in Paris - Jimmy Buffet (and any other song by JB - but that one in particular makes me think of past trips to Key West)
Two Pina Colodas - Garth Brooks
Anything with steel drums
Rosalita, Thunder Road and many others by Bruce Springsteen (I live in a beachtown in NJ)

pretty random, huh?

wow...thanks for all the comments....I can't wait to my collection together on the MP3 player ...think "BEACH"

Anything by a steel band. :beach: Since we usually cruise around the holidays, Christmas music just doesn't sound right anymore unless it's done by a caribbean steel band!

BearFan

what about the Shoreside Survival Guide from DCL (is that the right name?) there are 5 or 6 short songs that really put me in the mood to cruise.

We love "Beauty and the Beat: Favorite Disney Tunes in Steelband Style"
got it from Amazon and the kids and I love to listen to it in the car when all the rain starts to get to us.

I think Christmas music on steel drums sounds like a great idea. Any good suggestions?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter