Beach Day?

twinscandc

Have a Magical Day!
Has anyone ever taken a "free day" and traveled over to the beach?

Which is the closest/best beach you have been to?

We are going to be in FW in May and have 3 "free days" that we will not be in the parks. I thought one of those days we could take a day trip over to the ocean/gulf.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

BTW it will be DH, twin 6 y/o DD's and myself.

Thanks!!

We followed the signs to Ron Jon's at Cocoa Beach, and shopped a little and parked in their free lot. We walked down to the beach and spent about an hour. That was plenty for us--just not beach people--and more than enough for the 2 year-old. The first wave knocked her down and her feet didn't hit the sand again! She got really heavy after an hour at 95 degrees!!

Hey, that's about what we do.

We've gone on the Old Fashioned Airboat Rides in Christmas, FL (highlight of the trip) and then to Cocoa Beach. We park in the beach lot ($3??) and then have a picnic at the covered tables. Then we'll take a blanket down to the beach for a little bit to relax ... walk down to the pier ... and then it's off to Ron Jon's!!!

Makes for a nice day away from WDW.

might want to check out www.jettypark.com its in port canaveral, nice beach and you can occasionally see the cruise ships going in and out of the cruise port, gotta love the horn on those disney ships

You all have been most helpful!!

After our Disney Cruise last year we spent the day in Cocoa Beach and it was very nice....we also shopped at Ron Jon's. I just didn't know if there was a closer beach, etc.

It seems that is the best place to go and it will be a nice break from WDW.

Thanks again!!

You do NOT want to come my way to the gulf. Clearwater Beach is very nice but it's much further away and not worth the extra traffic you have to fight through Tampa and Clearwater. It is a least 2 hours away depending on what time you drive. Stick with the east coast for just a day trip and come over to the west coast when you have a few days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter