beach condo rental in San Diego

amamax2

DIS Veteran
Hi,

A few days ago I read a thread where someone mentioned a beach condo they had rented for only three days; now I cannot find the thread.

We live in-land in San Diego - gets very hot in the summer! - so looking to rent a condo but just for a few days.

I have looked on VRBO, but they all require week-long rentals in the summer.

So if anyone has rented a condo for just a few days, I'd appreciate any info!

Thanks!

We rented one for four nights -- in October. I think most all the peak season ones will be for a week.

I suppose depending on the economy, they might have breaks between longer rentals and might be willing to rent you a shorter term on short notice, like if they had a cancellation. Maybe find a rental agency that rents many condos and leave your name as a short-term renter? I know the agency we used managed 9 condos in the same building on Mission Bay.

Since they have to clean the apartment between renters, I think they like to keep the contracts longer.

PHXscuba

I don't know how far north you want to go- but there are several condo complexes in Carlsbad along the beach that offer rentals. We just stayed in a condo at the Carlsbad Inn for 3 nights and it was very nice. Keep in mind though that it's about 60 steps downstairs to the beach.

Thanks! That looks really nice - I will call andsee if they will do a three night rental in the summer....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter