Beach Club vs. Carribean Beach

Flyers5150

Earning My Ears
Family of six headed to WDW next June 2014. Ages of kids will be 12,12,12,14.

Priorities in order
1. Location
2. Length of stay
3. Cost
4. Nice accommodations.

Staying on-site is mandatory for the type of vacation we desire. Having stayed at Art if Animstion and Port Orleans, having to use the bus for everything isn’t ideal. The choice for the next trip will be either Carribean Beach or Beach Club. I’m actually booked for 5 days at a deluxe room at Beach Club for $880 a night inclusive of all taxes and fees. At that price, we can afford about 5 nights max. That’s hefty for a room with two queens, a pull out, and a single bathroom. Sure it’s steps from Epcot, the best pool on property, and a deluxe resort to boot!

Enter Carribean Beach. Two rooms all in would be $660 a night. More space, the same gondola transportation, still a nice pool, and we can stay 7 nights for the price of 5.

How do not switch to Carribean Beach? Stormalong Bay and location of Beach Club warrants the severe price difference?

With extra days at WDW, we pay very little extra in ticket prices and do that much more.

Thoughts?

Beach club and Caribbean beach are not really comparable ,
To give you an idea you could rent a two bedroom dvc for between 600 and 900 a night depending on the location and you would be a lot happier

the 600 dollar side would be something like SSR or OKW…
the 900 dollar side would be BLT, GF CCR

If it is a choice of a nicer room or staying longer, always stay longer. You are in your room to sleep only anyway. And kids don't care that much about the type of pool, they are just happy with some water. The location is much better at Beach Club, but again, I rather stay longer.

If it is a choice of a nicer room or staying longer, always stay longer. You are in your room to sleep only anyway. And kids don't care that much about the type of pool, they are just happy with some water. The location is much better at Beach Club, but again, I rather stay longer.
Anyone who says you are in the room only to slept, is missing the point of ”Resort”.

Anyone who says you are in the room only to slept, is missing the point of ”Resort”.
Realistically, unless you are specifically planning a resort stay, you are not at the resort that much. The OP had already said that they plan on getting park tickets for those extra days so clearly they are not planning on just hanging out at the resort.

Realistically, unless you are specifically planning a resort stay, you are not at the resort that much. The OP had already said that they plan on getting park tickets for those extra days so clearly they are not planning on just hanging out at the resort.
I restate my prior position, you are missing the point of “resort”
goto to the parks, return to the room hang out at the pool, have a meal go back to the parks….

or am i the only person that wants nothing to do with the parks in the middle of the day?

Can you have 6 in a room at Beach Club? I see you've got a pull out couch, so does that up the limit from 5 to 6?
I don't think you can have 6 in a room.

We rented points for a 2 bedroom at the beach club privately a while ago, it was a little cheaper than 2 moderates for our family of 7. Loved the location!
I would recommend this!
Location is #1 on your list. Beach Club can't be beat if you want to avoid busses! Renting points might also increase your length of stay.

You could save even more and go even longer if you did Pop instead of CBR, which also has skylinesr access. That being said id pick “longer trip” over “nicer hotel” any day, unless the cheaper hotel is terrible but none of the Disney properties are. So it’d be CBR for me.

Last edited:
Beach club has several deluxe rooms that hold 6 people. It includes 2 queen beds and a pullout sofa. It’s bigger than the standard room but still smaller than two moderates with connecting doors.

Price for that room was about $780 plus about $100 in taxes and fees.

We could make it work for 6 people. I just feel like I should have it all for $900 a night.

Lol

I restate my prior position, you are missing the point of “resort”
goto to the parks, return to the room hang out at the pool, have a meal go back to the parks….

or am i the only person that wants nothing to do with the parks in the middle of the day?
Great, but my position still stands that I would rather stay longer at a "lesser" resort than stay at a more expensive one for less time. Especially since all of the WDW resorts offer similar amenities. And no, not everyone goes back to the resort mid day. It would take too long for me to get in the pool and then have to shower and get ready again, including washing and drying my hair. Men don't realize how easy they have it with their grooming.

Last edited:
Great, by my position still stands that I would rather stay longer at a "lesser" resort than stay at a more expensive one for less time. Especially since all of the WDW resorts offer similar amenities. And no, not everyone goes back to the resort mid day. It would take too long for me to get in the pool and then have to shower and get ready again, including washing and drying my hair. Men don't realize how easy they have it with their grooming.
No we do realize how long it takes women to do their hair…..
That’s the time we spend getting a desert down at the pool lounge ….

We know just about exactly how long it takes so we don’t get yelled at….

Oh, and my wife and two daughters can time it fairly effectively that they can be ready to go out to dinner 45 minutes after the pool….

That is where the two bedroom come in handy, even more so if it is one with three bathrooms

No we do realize how long it takes women to do their hair…..
That’s the time we spend getting a desert down at the pool lounge ….

We know just about exactly how long it takes so we don’t get yelled at….

Oh, and my wife and two daughters can time it fairly effectively that they can be ready to go out to dinner 45 minutes after the pool….

That is where the two bedroom come in handy, even more so if it is one with three bathrooms
And not every one wants to go through the hassle. But that has nothing to do with WDW resorts, does it? And it has nothing to do with paying for a cheaper resort to stay longer. You are hyper focused on going back to the resort to swim, for some reason. Which you can do at any of the WDW resorts. So it doesn't matter which one they pick, they all have pools.

And not every one wants to go through the hassle. But that has nothing to do with WDW resorts, does it? And it has nothing to do with paying for a cheaper resort to stay longer. You are hyper focused on going back to the resort to swim, for some reason. Which you can do at any of the WDW resorts. So it doesn't matter which one they pick, they all have pools.
Um, actually it does.
if you had read my first post recommend the op look into renting DVC
the could have the nicer resort, have a big enough room,
‘And stay long, best of both worlds, at or about the price of the discount resort ….
and no the discount resort do offer any where close to the amenities the deluxe resorts do

Family of six headed to WDW next June 2014. Ages of kids will be 12,12,12,14.

Priorities in order
1. Location
2. Length of stay
3. Cost
4. Nice accommodations.

Staying on-site is mandatory for the type of vacation we desire. Having stayed at Art if Animstion and Port Orleans, having to use the bus for everything isn’t ideal. The choice for the next trip will be either Carribean Beach or Beach Club. I’m actually booked for 5 days at a deluxe room at Beach Club for $880 a night inclusive of all taxes and fees. At that price, we can afford about 5 nights max. That’s hefty for a room with two queens, a pull out, and a single bathroom. Sure it’s steps from Epcot, the best pool on property, and a deluxe resort to boot!

Enter Carribean Beach. Two rooms all in would be $660 a night. More space, the same gondola transportation, still a nice pool, and we can stay 7 nights for the price of 5.

How do not switch to Carribean Beach? Stormalong Bay and location of Beach Club warrants the severe price difference?

With extra days at WDW, we pay very little extra in ticket prices and do that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter