Beach Club vs Boardwalk Inn

ChicagoJ

Mouseketeer
Thanksgiving week stay with H and our 6 yo dd. Which is nicer? Better pools? Nicer rooms? Cooler things to do at resort in Nov? Less chance for refurbs during that week? We'll spend most of our time at MK with one day at Epcot.

I'm hoping this is my final decision in terms of resorts! Thanks!

The selling point for BC tends to be Storm Along Bay, it is a huge pool and while my son liked it as a child, he was just as happy with any pool. BC and BW are both within walking distance of both Epcot and HS but I agree with previous poster if you are spending most of your time at MK a monorail resort might be a better idea unless the price of those are prohibitive. Between BC and BW, BC seems a tad more kid friendly but both are fine. As far as refurbs, all Disney resorts under go refurb and they always seem to be doing something to all of them, some times its just refreshing like painting the outside and sometimes it going all out. I've stayed at just about all while undergoing refurb and it really hasn't bothered us much but we are pretty laid back. The only thing that stops me from booking BC most of the time is you aren't guaranteed a full balcony, a good part of the rooms have the standing balconies and I like to sit on the balcony in the morning with a cup of coffee. Of all the Epcot resorts, BC seems more kid friendly, which frankly is another reason I don't stay there as my kid is grown. All have plenty of activities for kids and all are kid friendly.

Stormalong bay pool is great.
You can walk to Epcot .
It is a bit far from MK.
Both hotels are wonderful.

I like BC best. Love the exterior best and it's a fun place to be. Haven't been since rooms redecorated but looks very nice.

I would suggest POR. It's closer to MK than BC or BWI and the pools are pretty good. Stormalong Bay is the best pool on property, in my opinion, and that would be Beach Club. If you are spending most days at MK, I would save the money (usually at least $100-$150 per night) and stay at POR.

Beach club for the pool. It is rare to hear of someone not liking wildnerness lodge.

As a few others have said I would try to get a magic kingdom resort since you will be there the most. In my opinion if it’s $300 - $500 more for your stay it’s worth not having to spend an hour a day on the buses.

Plus it’s nice knowing that you can head back to the resort for a quick rest and return in the evening. I know that does wonders for my youngsters.

Beach club for the pool. It is rare to hear of someone not liking wildnerness lodge.

As a few others have said I would try to get a magic kingdom resort since you will be there the most. In my opinion if it’s $300 - $500 more for your stay it’s worth not having to spend an hour a day on the buses.

Plus it’s nice knowing that you can head back to the resort for a quick rest and return in the evening. I know that does wonders for my youngsters.

We live in Chicago and go to WI often which is very woodsy. I don’t want to go all the way to WDW and see that theme...I want a beachy, summery, nostalgic feel or tropical. WL theming just makes me cringe a bit. We’re not going to FL to feel like we’re in WI kwim?

Could we walk to Epcot from BC and just hop the monorail to MK in the am, when we want to take a break midday and after the park closes or is the only way to MK from BC the bus?

We’re already stretching a little to do BC so adding another $500 would be tough plus it’d be another $1,000 to do Poly and GF.

We live in Chicago and go to WI often which is very woodsy. I don’t want to go all the way to WDW and see that theme...I want a beachy, summery, nostalgic feel or tropical. WL theming just makes me cringe a bit. We’re not going to FL to feel like we’re in WI kwim?

Could we walk to Epcot from BC and just hop the monorail to MK in the am, when we want to take a break midday and after the park closes or is the only way to MK from BC the bus?

We’re already stretching a little to do BC so adding another $500 would be tough plus it’d be another $1,000 to do Poly and GF.

Absolutely you can walk to Epcot then catch the monorail to magic kingdom. The only rub is if you want to get to magic kingdom for rope drop you can’t cut through Epcot to get to the monorail as Epcot will not be open yet.

Also for what it’s worth beach club is our second favorite resort. Polynesian numero uno. You WILL enjoy your stay at beach club.

Absolutely you can walk to Epcot then catch the monorail to magic kingdom. The only rub is if you want to get to magic kingdom for rope drop you can’t cut through Epcot to get to the monorail as Epcot will not be open yet.

Also for what it’s worth beach club is our second favorite resort. Polynesian numero uno. You WILL enjoy your stay at beach club.
Ah ok that’s good to know, thanks!

Thanksgiving week stay with H and our 6 yo dd. Which is nicer? Better pools? Nicer rooms? Cooler things to do at resort in Nov? Less chance for refurbs during that week? We'll spend most of our time at MK with one day at Epcot.

I'm hoping this is my final decision in terms of resorts! Thanks!

We did our last two trips to BC. Stormalong Bay is nice. Next trip we are going to BWI. I have heard from friends that the garden rooms are more quiet than BC. It is also about $100 per night cheaper. We are planning on hitting the water parks more, so we might not miss Stormalong Bay.

The real value to the Epcot resorts is being able to eat at all the great restaurants, then being able to walk back to the room instead of catching a bus with tired kids.

Personally I much prefer both BC and YC to BWI. I don't like the BWI pool or pool bar, and I think that it has a really awkward layout with the gift shop and bakery outside of the resort itself.

You could do this, but it would be more bother than it is worth. The Epcot entrance from the Epcot resorts area goes into an area near the back of Epcot. You would have to go through security to get into Epcot, then walk through the park from near the back, all the way to the front, go out the front and over to the monorail. You would have to reverse all this when returning. Faster and easier to take the bus from your hotel to the MK.

I prefer Boardwalk Inn, because they haven't de-themed the rooms yet, as they have already done at Beach Club. I do agree it's a bit awkward that there is no quick service restaurant inside BWI (just a bar with some snacks), but it's walking distance from several restaurants on the Boardwalk.

You could do this, but it would be more bother than it is worth. The Epcot entrance from the Epcot resorts area goes into an area near the back of Epcot. You would have to go through security to get into Epcot, then walk through the park from near the back, all the way to the front, go out the front and over to the monorail. You would have to reverse all this when returning. Faster and easier to take the bus from your hotel to the MK.

.....and you would need to have park hopper tickets (or APs) to do this as well.

With a 6 year-old who probably is not a very strong swimmer (just my guess based on age & no other info), I recommend Boardwalk Inn. It's pool has an amazing carnival-themed, spiral slide, and it is the most beautiful WDW resort imo.

Stormalong Bay is great, but is spread out and has some deep areas, so unless your child is a strong swimmer & independent in the water, you'd have to put more effort into keeping track of your child there. Nothing necessarily wrong with that and it could still be a great experience; I just think the Boardwalk pool might be a bit more relaxing.

Forget about walking through Epcot and taking the monorail to MK. That would take forever. The Boardwalk Inn's bus service is just fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter