Beach Club Villas

tnkerbell

Earning My Ears
Has anyone stayed here yet?? I will be there 2/7-13 staying in a studio and I'm trying to find reviews on the property...such as room requests, room size, location, food, etc...

Anyone???

You may want to take a look at the Vacation Club board. I know you'll find info there ... (I did, we're going in July!)

We were in a 2 bedroom. We had a view of Ariel's courtyard which was just lovely. The walk to Epcot was under 5 minutes. Buses to AKL and MK were quick and convenient. Boat to DS was about 30 min. counting time we waited for boat. The villas are in a bldg detached from BC that is connected by a covered breezeway. We only went to full service rest. in Yacht Club for breakfast once and we went to Beaches and Cream for The Kitchen Sink. B&C is small but I heard that they have great burgers.

We absolutely loved BCV and have intentions of going again.

We are DVC owners and our home resort is BCV. We had our first stay there this past November and absolutely love it!! We had a studio on the first floor #131. It was a dedicated studio meaning that it did not connect to a one bedroom. It was about 5 doors down from the rotunda that opened out to the doors toward the BC and to the Breezeway which opened out to the quiet pool. The view was of the woods and BC. You could see a few of Epcot's fireworks through the trees. We really loved this location.

At BCV, you can request a pool view, Epcot view (which will also have a view of the road and canal that goes under the hotel, woods view (which has a partial Epcot/BC view) or courtyard view. All of these views have pros and cons depending on what you want.

Besides the quiet pool and hot tub, you can use the quiet pools at both the Yacht and Beach Clubs as well as Stormalong Bay, which is described as a mini water park. It is a meandering pool with a slide. It has a sand bottom and 2 hot tubs and a kiddie area. Plus there is another pool across the sidewalk toward the lake with a smaller slide for younger children.

Beaches & Cream and Hurricane Hannah's, the pool bar, offer fast food items. Cape May Cafe has a character buffet breakfast and a buffet dinner featuring seafood as well as prime rib, roasted chicken, etc. At the Yacht Club, which is connected to the BC, there is the Yachtsmen Steakhouse, which is more formal and has delicious steaks and the Yacht Club Galley which is open for breakfast and lunch. Both the YC and BC have stores and cocktail lounges. There is a large arcade in the center near SAB as well as a health club and beauty salon that is shared by both resorts. You can schedule massages at the health club, too. You can also check out tennis, volleyball and croquet equipment at the health club. I don't think there is a charge for any of it. The sand volleyball court is on the BC side while the tennis and croquet courts are on the YC side.

Best of all, it is a very easy walk to Epcot and about a 15 minute walk to MGM. Of course, you can always take a boat to either park also. The Boardwalk with all of there restaurants, shops and activities is just around the lake. The Swan and Dolphin are just a short walk also. Fantasia Gardens mini golf course is just across the street from the S&D resorts so you can walk there also without any problem.

The BC has always been my favorite resort and I'm even happier now that they have built the BCV. You'll love it!!!!

Donna

Deb Wills' site (WDWIG) has some great reviews. Zamgwar, a frequent contributor, wrote a full review after visiting in July. Some readers also wrote reviews - one is mine. We stayed in July in Studio #412 and had a tiny balcony and a great view of the quiet pool. We were right near the elevators and the laundry room. We loved the place; it was simply beautiful. Light and sunny and clean and everything smells NEW!

If you go to WDWIG, proceed to the "resorts" section and click on BCV. Have fun!

We own at BWV and BCL. We were in a 1BR last week. The BW 1BR's are larger by about 75 square feet than the BCV 1 BR's.

I like the furniture at the BWV better as well. I banged my head on the lamp over the table a couple times, do'nt recall ever doing so at the BWV.

I did like the desk in the BR, and the DVD player was nice as well. We also loved that they put the toilet in a perperate w/c from the shower/sink.

Everything was new and fresh, although our room wasn't completely finished when we got to it--the housekeeper was still in it working...not sure how they assigned it to us. Also the view wasn't much, it was of the pool, and there were a few really loud kids in it one evening, we could hear them even with the door shut.

Anne

Donna,

I enjoyed reading your summary of BCV. We will be staying there for the first time this summer, and can't wait!

I have a question about the pros and cons of the different views you listed. We have only requested a quiet location, but it would also be great if we had an Epcot view. What are the cons of the Epcot view? Is there noise from the road? The only view related noise concern I've really heard is regarding the pool view rooms if people are loud at night in the pool. What do you think?

It is 8 degrees outside here, so you can imagine how often I daydream of our BCV vacation!

Laura B.

I stayed at BCV in November, and although I requested an Epcot view, the view was woods (I was in the "arm" on the right, facing into the courtyard). I absolutely loved the location! It was extremely quiet, except for one afternoon when the British rock group was playing in Epcot. And I could see the tops of some of the buildings in Epcot, hear the backround music softly, from Epcot, and see some of the fireworks. I hope I get that location again-peaceful but convenient.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter