Beach Club Villa Renovations Update PLEASE????

Do all of the studios now have a Murphy bed instead of a sofa bed post renovations?

Just home from BCV, we are 20 yr members there and still love it. We no longer go to the parks, just enjoy the resort especially SAB. But do love the villa pool. I came here to let people know that if you love the hot tub, the jets were not working last week. There was still rotation of the hot water, so it was soothing, but no jets.

Huge improvement to the BED portion, but the couches are painfully hard to sit on. I had to bring the patio chairs into the room to watch TV comfortably.:(
Absolutely agree. First time I sat down on it, it was like sitting on the ground!! I've been more careful since.....

Just home from BCV, we are 20 yr members there and still love it. We no longer go to the parks, just enjoy the resort especially SAB. But do love the villa pool. I came here to let people know that if you love the hot tub, the jets were not working last week. There was still rotation of the hot water, so it was soothing, but no jets.
I am the idiot you see in the hot tub at 7am..that thing hasn't worked right for years. Sad.

We just purchased a resale contract at BCV and, in the studio, I noticed no outlet on the left side of the bed. Does anyone have any creative solutions to this? That's "my side" of the bed and I really like to have my phone handy. LOL. DH and I may have to use both beds so we can both have access to the bedside table.

We just purchased a resale contract at BCV and, in the studio, I noticed no outlet on the left side of the bed. Does anyone have any creative solutions to this? That's "my side" of the bed and I really like to have my phone handy. LOL. DH and I may have to use both beds so we can both have access to the bedside table.
I noticed the same problem. But then I had a HA studio (on the second floor) and that one was fully equipped on both sides of the bed. I thought "Aha-at least now I know how to get a night table and outlets on both sides of the bed. But my happiness was short-lived. A couple months ago, I was in a HA studio on the first floor-nothing on the left side. Fortunately I was solo, so I kind of slept in the middle. But the fact that only the right side has "amenities" is a problem.

Yes I agree. I may bring an extension cord. I’m thinking I could possibly use my suitcase next to the bed as a makeshift table. Not ideal. Even a small shelf mounted to the wall on that side could be helpful.

Yes I agree. I may bring an extension cord. I’m thinking I could possibly use my suitcase next to the bed as a makeshift table. Not ideal. Even a small shelf mounted to the wall on that side could be helpful.
Note to self-pack an extension cord on my next WDW trip. Great idea!

I know most of you stay in studios, but for the few who choose a 1 bedroom I wanted to convey some things we noticed after the refurbishment during our stay.
We were in a dedicated 1 BR so no door into a studio/2nd bedroom at the entry. Instead there’s a closet and a new VERY LARGE table. The table was already scarred up pretty badly because there was insufficient room to pass by it. My Go-Go sport scooter passed thru but I had to be careful. Not sure a bigger scooter would fit…you would need to plan on leaving it by the closet. When bell services brought our owner’s lockers, they scrapped against the entry table as they came thru into the kitchen/living room.
We noticed the living room/kitchen area seemed more crowded than before. We missed the fan both in the living room and the bedroom. The new sofa was MUCH better to sit on.
The controller for the smart tv that BCV has baffled us. We could change channels but we were either getting a black screen or a blacked screen with sound. I’m sure those with brand new tv’s have no problem understanding the new controller but here’s what we learned. There’s a very thin horizontal button for the volume and another for the channels. Be VERY careful to NOT PUSH the button but use your finger or nail to motion it up or down. If you accidentally push the button, turn off the tv and then back on to reset. Regarding the sound, move the slim button in the same way. You can push on it when you want to mute the tv. We hope this helps someone like us so you don’t have to call for assistance. 😁
The phone in the main room was dead. It apparently gets “unplugged” sometimes with the opening and closing of the Murphy bed. Maintenance was able to fix it.
I was surprised at the shower head choice for the shower. It was big but not very strong so if you have long, thick hair you might have trouble rinsing out your shampoo. There was no adjustment.
The bathroom sink in the shower room seemed plugged with debris. We also couldn’t change the setting on the dishwasher.
Makeup mirror was loose on the wall. Towel racks were loose. We were also surprised that the designer chose to not put more racks in the shower area.
There’s no A/C duct in the bathroom area outside the shower so it would heat up when we were getting ready.
No clothes line available like the studios. I used to hang my own clothes line up over the tub but the designer chose to delete one of the towel racks there, as well, so I had nothing to hook the other end to.
You cannot cool the room beyond 68 degrees which actually felt closer to a normal 72 degrees. With the missing overhead fans I found it rather warm when we were packing up the lockers to leave.
The remodeled tub area is a horrible tripping hazard. They left the raised area where the jetted tub had been and just placed the new soaker tub in the center. I finally placed the cream-colored bag that holds the extra bed blankets/pillows on the corner raised area that was tripping me when entering that room.
Anyway, we had a great stay. Just wanted to share what we noticed.
Glad to hear you had a good time! This is disappointing to hear about the refurb. This is a deluxe resort, regardless of how the building is. Sounds like a lot of cutting corners. Not what we pay for, not what we deserve, IMO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter