• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Beach Club Suite or Standard

irishwishes

Mouseketeer
I need to book the rooms for myself and bridal party for my wedding. We'll be staying at the Beach Club the night. It will be myself and 2 bridesmaids sharing a room the night before the wedding and getting ready in the morning. I would like to save some money and get a Standard room, but I'm afraid it won't be enough room for all of us to get ready the morning of the wedding. I know that the Suite will have plenty of room, but don't want to spend the money if I can make the Standard room work.

What do you think? Can we make the Standard room work with 3 girls getting ready together the morning of the wedding or will I need to book the Suite?

I think you'd probably be OK with 3 people because the regular hotel rooms at Beach Club have two sinks and are a fair size, but it'll be tight if you're having a cosmetologist or dress steaming in the room.

Have you considered getting a 1-bedroom unit at Beach Club Villas, either by booking directly with Disney or by renting Disney Vacation Club points from someone? They cost almost $200 less (direct from Disney) than a 1-bedroom suite over on the hotel side of the resort. Renting points takes a little more research but could save you a lot more money.

Request a King Size standard room at the BC. We just stayed there for two nights in June, and this was our room. Without the second bed, there's tons of seating and room to maneuver. Plus, like Carrie said, there's another sink.

DSC_0257.jpg

DSC_0256.jpg

Similarly, there were 6 of us, plus two stylists getting ready in our Honeymoon Level room at the GF (which is basically a standard size room with one king bed in the main building overlooking the marina). There was plenty of room to hang out.

DSC_0028.jpg

As you can see, only one person was on the couch and no one was in the blue chair, so we didn't HAVE to sit on the bed. One stylists worked on one girl in the main room while the other worked in the bathroom with another.

And there was still room to get into the dresses.

0126.jpg

The 1BR is a good idea, too.

Thanks for the advice. I will look into the 1BR idea and the king size bed thing too! I'm going to price out both because my DF will be staying at All Star Movies the night before the wedding with his family.

Tiggerifficheidi, I love your hair! I saw a picture on another thread and immediately saved it. That's exactly how I want my hair to look. I hope you don't mind if I steal it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter