Beach Club Pool Question

Sdolores

Dis4mygirls
I am going in June as part of a Family-Reunion type trip. There are 22 people, 5 families. Many are Disney vets, with 1 family going for their first time. We booked the BC because of the AWESOME pool. We plan on doing early mornings and evenings and spending the hot June afternoons by the pool. With this being said, can we bring our own floats, noodles? Is there a policy? Are there any "TIPS or HINTS" out there for an enjoyable experience at the BC pool. All of the kids can swim and most are over 8 years old. 1 will be 7.

pirate:

They have clear tubes for free to use for floating around the lazy river, and you can bring pool noodles, I don't believe that you can bring any other floats. You can bring and use the coast guard approved life vests, but I don't think this is what you are asking about given the ages of the kids.

They have life vests of all sizes available at the ool and they also have the round doughutfloats to lounge around on. You can bring small sand toys but nothing large that could obstructs others' enjoyment.

The slide is great. Our kids were 6 and 8 and we lounged in the shade and had drinks/food delivered to us from Hurricane Hanna's while the kids continuously went down the slide. It's a great area!

There’s kinda a pool volleyball area, but I’m not sure about ball regulations.

I am going in June as part of a Family-Reunion type trip. There are 22 people, 5 families. Many are Disney vets, with 1 family going for their first time. We booked the BC because of the AWESOME pool. We plan on doing early mornings and evenings and spending the hot June afternoons by the pool. With this being said, can we bring our own floats, noodles? Is there a policy? Are there any "TIPS or HINTS" out there for an enjoyable experience at the BC pool. All of the kids can swim and most are over 8 years old. 1 will be 7.

pirate:
You can bring your own pool noodles but they won't allow floats that would obscure the lifeguard's view. They will allow the kind of floats that a baby would sit in as long as an adult is holding on to the float at all times. But inflatable rafts, etc, are not allowed.

The BC pool is most crowded in the afternoon, especially between one and four o'clock. Then they start clearing off for dinner. Since you plan to arrive early you won't have a problem getting seats. The section of the pool that is closest to the BC end is very popular for families who have people who use the slide and play the pool games. Our grandson, age 12 and 14, loved the volleyball games. We were there this past June and it was all they wanted to do. ;)

The upper level of the pool area has a pool table and lounge chairs and is usually not crowded.

There is a lot of information about Storm Along Bay, along with many pictures, on the first page of the Beach Club/Yacht Club facts thread. :)

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...-updated-info-on-page-1-post-1-13-14.3400342/

Love, Love the Beach Club & Stormalong Bay. We spend every afternoon there from 1-4pm. To answer your questions:

1) Yes, you can have pool noodles (we bring our own, but some summers they have been selling them in the Beach Club Marketplace (gift shop).
2) No, you cannot bring your own floats from home (10 years ago they allowed this, but not anymore), except for infant floats.
3) If you stick-around til 4pm/4:30pm , they have what is called, "Changing of the Guard (Lifeguards)" ...it's fun...see it at least once. The kids can dance/participate too.
4) Get an activities guide from the front desk...different days of the week there are different pool activities, such as Mickey tie-dye t-shirts (a fee is involved for the t-shirts).
5) If you climb up to the stairs by the lazy river, there is a pool-table to use (my teens have enjoyed that).

Thank you. This site is the best. I've been to Disney so many times, but still have tons of questions.

We have taken soft balls to throw around but we always let the lifeguards inspect them first to make sure they are allowed. We normally use those balls that absorb water and I think we took an extra soft ‘nerf’ type football.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter